Proserpina

Type compatibility

153 posts in this topic

I have to vouch a bit for duality compatability since one of my best friends is ESTJ and I am an INFP.

He's a good musician, not all sensors are robots, actually he's one of the smartest and most deep people I know. It's just what he finds value pursuing in life is quite a bit different. it seems to me we share many interests but our reasons for liking said interests seem to differ. I'm much more curious and explorative in my nature while he's more grind oriented/focused on what's to gain/outcomes. I think our views balance eachother.

We work well together and the first 7 or so years we knew eachother we talked very often. It's true there are many things I'm into that he's not into, like spirituality, or Lynch movies for example. But despite the fact that our taste differs in many ways I feel he's a very important friend for me, not only do we have fun together but he's influenced me into working on some of my weaker traits, which happen to be his stronger traits. I think in turn I help him refrain from becoming too stubborn and I encourage him to try his own path in life. He lets me do the same which works well because we both value freedom highly. He also helps ground me more in normal life stuff. I think if I had no friends like him I might have gone haywire into spirituality, but he's helping me keep in touch with 'sane' reality, maybe simply because his perspective on life is more rigid than mine, talking with him is like returning to a familiar way to approach the world. Just the kinds of discussions we have return me to reality sometimes. 

Anyways, we do understand eachother well. In some ways he seems to understand me deeper than some of my intuitive type friends. I don't know if he's aware of it himself tbh, but he sure does make me feel understood somehow. Eventhough we look at things very differently and our discussions are not at the most meta level, the discussions will be deep for the level they're at and I often find his views on things to be smarter/deeper than they seem at a first glance.

Edited by Asayake

@Yali Awww.  Your face is so cute and cherubic, even when you're sarcastic it is hard not to adore.

I just wanna pinch your cheeks and tell you, whatever happens you deserve the best.  No matter what.

@AtheisticNonduality You seem both green and yellow imo.  Able to take in different experiences with stride and come to your own, personal unique conclusions that work best for what you believe in, without being too forceful of people who are different and able to integrate them into your own life.

8 minutes ago, Yali said:

@Loba aww thats nice but if you saw me in real life you'd vomit

At least INTJs are beautiful on the inside?

29 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

? I thought he was Green. Does that make me . . .

??

I think for other systems: 

Triads go with triads. 458 with 854 for example.  

Feminine instinctual variants (sp/sx, sx/sp, so/sx) go with masculine instinctual variants (so/sp, sx/so, sp/so). 

???????

I'm a bit tipsy, I'm about ready to go to bed.  Howeber.  Evryone should feel happy for who they are, let's always remember to love and accept one another.  Night!

Out of curiosity how do you know what all your friends and lovers are Myers Briggs wise? Do you ask them to do the test or is this a popular thing in the US that everyone’s doing.. 

@Pavement I make them take the mbti test and other personality system tests to correlate and affirm the test results.  I also VI (visual identification in Socionics) type people based on people who have taken the test and personality database.  There are visual patterns for functions and the like.  

Edited by Proserpina

???????

On 18.8.2022 at 9:22 AM, Pavement said:

Out of curiosity how do you know what all your friends and lovers are Myers Briggs wise?

Intuition.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.