Kid A

I want girls, but texting makes me miserable

9 posts in this topic

If I’m waiting for girls to answer my messages, I’m not able to really focus on anything else or have a good time. This month is the first in a year where I’ve not been chasing girls and I’ve finally been able to enjoy life, unlike the whole last year. I guess it’s just a matter of weeks or days before the big hunger comes back, and it doesn’t feel right either to do nothing like now and lose the skills I’ve been really suffering the last year to develop. Atm I have almost zero motivation to do a comeback though.

So, is this problem something I just have to live with? Online dating is the worst, but as I’ve gotten better at pickup, there has also been an increasing amount of flaky girls, which make the problem worse.

IMO it's better to just go out and go for same night stuff. You get clean obvious rejections from girls rather than ambiguous or flaky texts which are very draining to mentally process day to day.

I would bet flaky girls have probably caused male suicides in the past, it's that frustrating for guys to deal with. You're not alone. But you really just gotta be a man and learn to deal with it.

Lower your investment in text convos if you have to have them. You shouldn't care how the convo goes. Just say whatever is in your head, don't spend ages thinking of what to say. If she's interested it will happen

You have to stop caring if they respond. Get more numbers so you stop caring.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Kid A I struggle with this too which is the main reason I don't date right now. It eats up to much of my head space and distracts me... and its painful for some reason. 

Dating is the last thing on my mind.

But,  know that at some point I'm gonna need to bite the bullet. Probably when I have more money. 

I think that, you just need to be less attached and make more focus on whatever you are doing in the moment. There is probably a relationship between being unattached and girls liking you more. idk.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

13 minutes ago, Aleister Crowleyy said:

How long does this game go on?

When your mind stop going in circles around the same 1-2 girls... Which causes you to be needy and incongruent. Usually the solution to that is to know more girls, because than the mind doesn't have time to lose itself in thinking whether some girl will text you back or date you. 

Messages are tough if there is not prior connection or something you can offer through your profile. Women read behind the lines and you cannot even fake messages. Start practicing with voice messages and listen to your tone. That can capture her attention a lot quicker if you're in the right vibe and you will get a + cause it's harder to do..

9 hours ago, Kid A said:

If I’m waiting for girls to answer my messages, I’m not able to really focus on anything else or have a good time. This month is the first in a year where I’ve not been chasing girls and I’ve finally been able to enjoy life, unlike the whole last year. I guess it’s just a matter of weeks or days before the big hunger comes back, and it doesn’t feel right either to do nothing like now and lose the skills I’ve been really suffering the last year to develop. Atm I have almost zero motivation to do a comeback though.

So, is this problem something I just have to live with? Online dating is the worst, but as I’ve gotten better at pickup, there has also been an increasing amount of flaky girls, which make the problem worse.

Did you sleep with any girl? 

Also what are those "skills" you have been suffering to develop?

7 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Did you sleep with any girl? 

I've slept with two so far. Nearly got into a relationship with one of them.

7 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Also what are those "skills" you have been suffering to develop?

I mean being able to have successful cold approaches and dates. I had my worst results right after I came back from a solo retreat a couple of months ago. Many girls reacted like I was a giant snake when I approached them. Seems like not being social makes you repulsive quite fast…