Wisdoom

Book Recommendations?

14 posts in this topic

I am 20 years old. I am on my journey and have been watching Leo's videos for awhile. What books might you recommend I read this year to help me better understand and communicate with the world, myself, and others? 

If you have any books/advice/videos/courses I should see please share with me and the community. 

Thank you for your recommendations

I think you might want to check out Leo's book list.

Edited by Thinh

17 minutes ago, Thinh said:

I think you might want to check out Leo's book list.

Lmao it's already at 35 bucks. I remember when it was at 14 bucks. Wonder if it will go up to 100 bucks in the future, after all the price is always justified because its self help and you only appreciate things when you pay for them. That's how business works, right?

Meanwhile you may just google the books for the topics you like to know more about. Or you may just do a general google search and search for best self help books or best enlightenment books. Also some personal development youtuber will recommend books in their videos (for free), just watch all the good videos. Watch Tai Lopez, he is good on books.

With all due respect, charging 35 bucks from people for a book list is a little hefty don't you think? I can get 2-3 actual books for that money.

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

@Old SoulIt's just something to consider. This is only about your perspective on things so there is no perfect option. I think we just need to do what fit for us. :D

5 minutes ago, Thinh said:

@Old SoulIt's just something to consider. This is only about your perspective on things so there is no perfect option. I think we just need to do what fit for us. :D

I understand, and it's perfectly fine. However, for me it's the book list that just doesn't feel right. You can give Leo all the video views, shares, likes and traffc to his site. Surely you can give him 250 bucks for his life purpose course, that's awesome. But with the book list, it's enough imo. This guy spoonfeeds you already with everything and he takes almost all the work off you, now you even let him spoonfeed you what books to read? Get out of your comfort zone, activate the brain, research and decide for yourself what books you gonna read. Doing this yourself will benefit you a great deal...and don't be afraid to pick the wrong books. It is no better to pick the book that another dude told you and live by his bias. But with your own research and your own adventure you actually get the experience and you stay self-governing.

But then again, as I said, it is just my oppinion. There is very much need for Leos work, and his website, and his course. However, there is no need for a 35 bucks book list.

31 minutes ago, Thinh said:

@Old Soul Thank you for your opinion.;). Maybe it's because I trust a lot on Leo's products :D

Why I trust his products too :D I also trust myself in feeling that the book list is just money grabbing bullshit. He doesn't even wrote one of the books himself, still he is grabbing money for it. As if the amazon ref links aren't enough. This is not genuine help imo. But on the other side I see that he is trying to generate as much passive income as possible so that he never has to work for money again, not even with coaching. Everyone is doing it these days, I'd probably do it too. And yes I want to be a life coach, work from home and generate as much passive income as possible too. Who would not do this, it's perfect if it works. But even I would just recommend the books that others wrote, that helped me, for free. The people still need to buy them themselves. I would only charge for services and products I created myself and not merely for my own shitty oppinion on what good books are.

If you want I can recommend some books that I found helpful to me so far on my journey. We should not forget the actual topic here :D Just give me some time to get all the good books together, meanwhile you can browse the product review section of this forum. It has a lot of good books reviewed...or "reviewed" by users here. Still good enough to give you an idea

Edited by Old Soul

@Wisdoom  Alright, there we go. Old Souls Top 20(+2) book list:

If you are interested in spirituality, check out Eckhart Tolles "The Power of Now" and "A new Earth" Those two are great books to help you understand the ego better and be in the present moment more. Also check out Matt Kahns "Whatever arises, Love that". This is a great book that will share love with you and help you love yourself and others more and accept everything as it comes up in your life. If you are interested new age spirituality check out Teal Swans book "The sculptor in the sky". It really sums up all the basic stuff and believes of new age spirituality centering around source and the spirit realms and so on.

If you are interested in relationships and getting along with people and with romantic partners check out "The 5 love languages" from Gary Chapman. It will teach you how to recognize the love needs of your partner and your own and help you make your relationship better. Check out Corey waynes book "How to be a 3% man" if you are looking for the best dating and pick up guide out there. Corey wayne teaches you exactly how to behave to attract your dream woman and how to be a "real man". It also explains the female nature pretty well, and what you can expect from women. Great book. "How to win friends and influence people" is another great book, not only for intimate relationships but for all human interaction in general. Amazing book, really a must read. No matter if you wanna impress and make friends or business partners, you will learn everything you need to be socially successfull.

Wanna check out the Law of attraction and study the subconscious mind? Well then look no further my friend, becaus here are the to-go books for you, and some of my favourtite books ans material of all time. Check out Napoleon Hills "Think and Grow rich", "The Science of getting rich" by Wallace D. Wattles and "You were born rich" by Bob proctor himself. Don't let the titles fool you, those books are fucking amazing, they are about way more than just about riches. They will teach you the law of attraction and the psychology of money. For bonus info check out: "As a man thinket" by James Allen, "Working with the law" by Raymond Holliwell and "Your invisible power" by Genevieve Behrend. This is the -Secret- library right here. Everything you need to start your own business and get rich and reform your subconscious mind. Especially the first 3 books mentioned in this topic. You must check out Bob Proctor also and his free seminar on youtube "The Science of getting rich". Magnificent information about the subconscious mind and how it works and how you can reform it for the better.

If you are interested in general self improvement,  I can recommend you "Mastery" by George Leonard. This book will help you to understand how mastery really works and how you can master anything successfully in your life. Also there is "Awaken the giant within" from Tony Robbins, which is a great and also huge book about self development in general, it covers every aspect of your life. No matter if dealing with people, money, fitness, self discipline...it is all in this book. Then we have "The 6 pillars of self esteem", if you wanna raise your self esteem and understand it better, get shit done and better your life...this book is for you. "The 7 habits of highly effective people" by Steve R. Covey is another great book about bettering your life and getting shit done. In the first half it focusses on yourself and helps you develop habits that make you better, in the second half it helps you better your habits with other people. You will learn how to be independend and then how to be interdependen, to work with people. This book is full of insights and quite a read.

Now if you like some philosophy, check out "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. It's a great book, I just love it. The story is about a shepard boy who travels out into the world to chase his dreams. It's about wisdom and love. Also check out "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius. Leo loves this book, and so do I. This is philosophy at it's finest. A roman emperor has written his thoughts and his emotional and mental struggels down, as he tries to make sens eof his earthly existence and of death and so on. Very good read. You could also check out "The holographic universe" by  Michael Talbot. The major point in this book is that the universe and everything we see is merely an illusion...a hologram.

All those books are great books, they are all among my favourites and I recommend you read em all. This is a gift from me to you.

I am sure other people can recommend you more books and add to my humble collection here. Of course I own more books and I have read more books, but I wanna keep it down to these for now. Enjoy.

Edited by Old Soul

33 minutes ago, brovakhiin said:

Our Mathematical Universe: My Quest for the Utimate Nature of Reality

My book of the year, very thought provoking.

In my opinion, don't get bogged down with self-help books, 90% of the books are common sense and repetition, instead just watch a synopsis on YouTube. Read science instead.

Agree, however I think one should read at least the basic books to get a basic understanding of personal development. I recommended the best books for this in my post above, the best in my oppinion at least that everyone should read to have the basic understanding and a guideline, solid fundamentals. Most need the repetition and common sense. Then you can watch youtube videos, read articles, get courses and read science as much as you like. Those "best" self help books actually are of great value and will help you a lot.

I want to mention two more books. "How not do die" by Michael Greger, this is really one of the best books on health and healthy nutrition I have ever come across. And then "The 48 laws of power" by Robert Greene. Gives a lot of insight into power games and schemes and you can learn a thing or two from it for your own life, to get ahead and to protect yourself from others at the same time.

Edited by Old Soul

4 hours ago, Old Soul said:

@Wisdoom  Alright, there we go. Old Souls Top 20(+2) book list:

If you are interested in spirituality, check out Eckhart Tolles "The Power of Now" and "A new Earth" Those two are great books to help you understand the ego better and be in the present moment more. Also check out Matt Kahns "Whatever arises, Love that". This is a great book that will share love with you and help you love yourself and others more and accept everything as it comes up in your life. If you are interested new age spirituality check out Teal Swans book "The sculptor in the sky". It really sums up all the basic stuff and believes of new age spirituality centering around source and the spirit realms and so on.

If there are eight people like you who also share their book lists, it may become a product like Leo's product, LoL. Thank you for your book list. :D

20 minutes ago, Thinh said:

If there are eight people like you who also share their book lists, it may become a product like Leo's product, LoL. Thank you for your book list. :D

You are welcome, and also thanks to you too mate :D

"When the student is ready, the master will appear" - Some Zen guy

I always tell people it's really up to the person which book will be best. I could hand 1,000 random people a copy of The Power of Now and if they're not ready for it, they're not ready for it.

My strategy for choosing books is simply to keep my eyes and intuition open. I've found that every time I act on a strong urge to read a book, I always get tremendous benefit.

It's actually tough for me because with the blog, reading is partially what I do for a living. So I often get bogged down in trying to get through books just to get through them and end up resisting that intuitive urge that says "read this one".

So ask yourself: what are you drawn towards? It doesn't have to be an obsession, just follow what interests you. I've found curiosity to be a far better driver than almost anything else.

Hi @Wisdoom

If We talk about the nearest book from You, and the most important book for You

Then We are talking about Your book or Your journal about life, Keep reading it over and over again and add what You are learning to it,

You will see that new ideas and mindsets will arise within You, add them write them in Your book or Your journal, and keep reading it over and over again, and keep doing this process.