ZenAlex

Are any Americans here thinking of leaving the USA..

21 posts in this topic

If abortion ban is just the start, what would it take for you to leave?

@kray

13 hours ago, kray said:

No….America is number 1!

That has to be a sarcasm.

23 hours ago, Bojan V said:

@kray

That has to be a sarcasm.

It is lol. On the real yea America has its flaws, but if you are upper middle class or higher, you won’t find a better standard of living anywhere else, that’s why I’m staying.

America is the worst developed country in regards to quality of life.

Edited by ZenAlex

i'd trade with you in a heartbeat, worst mistake of my life coming back to the uk, us was the happiest quarter century of my life

mired in inescapable narrow minded stupidity here

give me life liberty and the pursuit of happiness any day

politics means nothing to me, i just do me and live life to the full

@ZenAlex No. Remain in America. You don't realise how lucky you really are growing up in the USA. Anywhere else, you'd suffer so much more.

@ZenAlex

12 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

America is the world developed country in regards to quality of life.

No, it is not.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

2 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Clearly looks like the USA is much happier than most of the world. Hell, it's as happy as most of Europe. This whole idea of the USA being the "hell hole" of the world is just false. Yes are we a bit too much ingrained in stage orange, capitalist ideals, yes. But are we also much happier than some war torn, stage red/blue countries, definitely not. At the end of the day, people from around the world want to come here, to the United States of America. From refugees, to artists, professionals, no other place has such a magnetic pull as the USA. My parents immigrated from India, along with many others, to enjoy not only the economic freedoms this nation has to offer, but also it's intellectual freedoms as well. This is the case for the vast majority of immigrants who come to this country. Does America have a problem with social issues, such as institutional racism and economic gaps, yes. But the American people have the power to vote who they want to fix these issues. These problems aren't going to stick for long, they will be improved on in the decades to come. As much as it has its flaws, it truly is a blessing to be born in the U.S. of A. Hell no other nation as such a cultural and economic influence globally as America does. Even the art scene in Europe and Asia have pulled their creative inspirations from this nation. We have our down periods, and we have our "Trump" eras, but we learn and grow from that. So.....

GOD BLESS AMERICA

18 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@ZenAlex No. Remain in America. You don't realise how lucky you really are growing up in the USA. Anywhere else, you'd suffer so much more.

I live in the UK.

My point is USA is one of the worst developed countries there is in regards to quality of life.

Europe seems to be the hotspot for happiness as it values it's inhabitants quality of life significantly.

13 hours ago, kray said:

Clearly looks like the USA is much happier than most of the world. Hell, it's as happy as most of Europe. This whole idea of the USA being the "hell hole" of the world is just false. Yes are we a bit too much ingrained in stage orange, capitalist ideals, yes. But are we also much happier than some war torn, stage red/blue countries, definitely not. At the end of the day, people from around the world want to come here, to the United States of America. From refugees, to artists, professionals, no other place has such a magnetic pull as the USA. My parents immigrated from India, along with many others, to enjoy not only the economic freedoms this nation has to offer, but also it's intellectual freedoms as well. This is the case for the vast majority of immigrants who come to this country. Does America have a problem with social issues, such as institutional racism and economic gaps, yes. But the American people have the power to vote who they want to fix these issues. These problems aren't going to stick for long, they will be improved on in the decades to come. As much as it has its flaws, it truly is a blessing to be born in the U.S. of A. Hell no other nation as such a cultural and economic influence globally as America does. Even the art scene in Europe and Asia have pulled their creative inspirations from this nation. We have our down periods, and we have our "Trump" eras, but we learn and grow from that. So.....

GOD BLESS AMERICA

It all depends on how you look at it. I could easily make a counter-argument for every point you made. Also if you track the happiness index the country positions change, United States has been outside the top 10 before. So this post while nice, is just one perspective. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Its getting to the point where I'd rather live in some developing country than be in a country where I have to worry about my daughter being blown to bits by some mentally ill 18 year old with an  AR-15. Or her being raped and being forced to carry a baby to term. Or me or my family being gunned down in a grocery store by some punk lunatic kid whose been radicalized my racist online meme about 'Great Replacement Theory' . 

We still have the power to influence the federal government via our vote but with the upcoming SCOTUS even thatay be virtually stripped from us. Our infrastructure is crumbling and woefully unprepared for climate change. About climate change btw, half the country believes its either a hoax or no big deal and will thus continue to vote for politicians who also think its a hoax or no big deal (or just in the pockets of big oil). Wealth inequality is growing more and more grotesque. Living costs are increasing. The fascist far right seems to scoring victory and after victory. I could go on and on.  In many ways the US is a shithole country.

@abundance You don't have to live in a developing country. There are other first world developed countries, your neighbour Canada is one of them. Or you can come here in Slovenia. It's very nice here?.

6 hours ago, Razard86 said:

It all depends on how you look at it. I could easily make a counter-argument for every point you made. Also if you track the happiness index the country positions change, United States has been outside the top 10 before. So this post while nice, is just one perspective. 

I'm interested in hearing those counter points and your perspective @Razard86. Always down for a healthy discussion :) 

31 minutes ago, kray said:

I'm interested in hearing those counter points and your perspective @Razard86. Always down for a healthy discussion :) 

I'm not, I'm been debating for over 10 years....I'm weary of debate yet I still seem to get sucked in them. Besides a lot of people are too sensitive, not saying you and I'm tired of the lack of accountability and intellectual dishonesty on this forum. Your perspective is a healthy one ultimately I promote people to hold beliefs that push them to be the best version of themselves. 

You are ultimate truth, so what you believe will be true for you its why cognitive dissonance, and implicit bias is so rampant in humanity. You can only overcome it with radical honesty and most are scared of their own reflection, on some level we all are but some are so scared their basically blind. 

Just to give people who may not be aware of the direction that the States is headed in, there were recently Votes held in the US House of Representatives to codify gay marriage, the right to access birth control, and the right to interracial marriage into Law. An all three of these, the Republican Party overwhelming voted NO.

No to gay marriage. No to birth control. And no to interracial marriage... In 2022.

People here can sense the direction that the wind is blowing, and are rightly frightened about the prospect of US democracy collapsing. A recent poll said that roughly half of the US thinks a Civil War is likely in the near future.

It's a bad time to be living in America, and anyone who tells you otherwise either has thier head buried in the sand, or has some sympathies towards fascism.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/