Richard Purdy

Can you activate DMT in your brain sober?

11 posts in this topic

Somebody on this forum asked;

“Could you ever develop shamanic breathing to be as strong as a mushroom trip?” and Leo said:

“There is no substitute for the underlying chemistry. Mushrooms are crazy powerful. If you were able to get that effect sober you would be classified as insane.”

This makes sense for all psychedelics. However for DMT, since that’s already in our brains, can’t you get the DMT effect while sober? I’ve seen some YouTubers do some breathing exercises to naturally release it. Or is the psychedelic different from what’s in your brain?

In a dream I took DMT and tripped a few months ago. It was a bad trip. Last night in meditation, I replicated everything I felt in the trip (Felt myself going through tunnels, feeling the feeling you get during come up) It really felt like I was experiencing DMT again. I felt the waves of traveling and the same beating. I resurfaced some traumas from that trip too. Feeling the traumas from that trip in a sober state. It felt like the real thing.

Here's my ultimate question:

When you feel out the same trauma that came up during a DMT trip in sober state, can DMT resurface in your brain? Or is it just my imagination, my thoughts?

Edited by Richard Purdy

I don't have a lot of experience with it yet so take this with what you will.

I did feel something in my head even a few days after a trip. This also coincided with me feeling the solipsistic state in "sober" state and went on for a few days. Is it all in my head? ? Who the hell knows. But the sensation was definitely not there before I ever touched 5-meo.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Yes, holotropic breathing (2+ Hours duration) is comparable to a 3G mushroom trip. For real. Try it.

Apparently.

3 minutes ago, axiom said:

Yes, holotropic breathing (2+ Hours duration) is comparable to a 3G mushroom trip. For real. Try it.

2+ hours?!? That's insane. The most I achieved was 30 mins and I was winded. How can one reach 2 hours?

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

Shamanic breathing and some kundalini or Qigong breathwork has created 5meo like experiences for me

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 hours ago, Richard Purdy said:

@Thought Art @axiom  You ever feel after breathing you have to give yourself some time to settle down? Or do you get up just go about your day

Legs are pretty wobbly. Definitely need a little time (30-45 mins, say) to come around and decompress. 

I should state I’ve only ever had one holotropic breathing guided session. Music was played, which I suspect heightens the experience. Two hours was actually quite easy - it’s only the first 20 to 30 mins that feels a bit laborious - after you get past that point you relax into the rhythm of things. 

The experience was far more powerful than I expected it to be, and I ended the session convinced that breathwork can allow you to reach any of the states more typically realised through imbibement of even the most powerful psychedelic.

DMT has been found in relatively high concentrations in the lungs (compared to other tissues / organs) so that may explain the efficacy of this method. 

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

Well, once i had a mystical experience very much like a DMT trip with small dose of bad weed and a hatha yoga basic practice.

I had a mild god realization in a public place, I saw oneness clearly pulling the strings and my vision got filled with mandalas and geometric patterns, just like some DMT trip I had before.

18 hours ago, Richard Purdy said:

@Thought Art @axiom  You ever feel after breathing you have to give yourself some time to settle down? Or do you get up just go about your day

Shamanic breathing just makes me hungry as a motherfucker.

Like food has never tasted so good as it does after 30 mins of that shit.

I have no idea if this is a unique to me experience or not but it's all I remember from doing it a bunch of times a few years back :D

I came across this a while back. I hope it helps. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Razard86 good ol’ mantak

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"