Scholar

The Word of God through Jordan Peterson

23 posts in this topic

There is an interesting insight to gain from what Jordan Peterson is saying here, even though he lacks the consciousness to truly recognize the depth of what he is saying. The lesson is: Love is fundamentally attractive.

If your teaching, your words, your actions, do not resonate with the masses, you are not embodying love to a sufficenty degree. If you embody love, people will worship you, because they see in you the Grace of God. There is no avoiding this, and the following corruption that will ensue as you depart this world.

Ideally, you do not even need to intellectualize God. Your very being should be a message from God. As long as you communicate Love, through embodying Love, that is all you need to do. That's all that is needed, that is the message. The more you will embody love, the more people will get attracted to whatever you will say.

In the end what do you want to achieve by trying to convince people of the reality of God? Why all the talk about truth and devilry? In the end, the only goal could possibly be Love. People do not need to realize, or understand, what they need is Love. If you can give them that, you are giving them God. You can give them God without them ever realizing it, and yet they will know God in the purest form.

If you can sufficiently Love them, it will not matter what they believe. Embody love to such a degree that they cannot help but be in awe, despite them disagreeing with you, or even hating you.

Glory to Israel

1) You cannot really love without being awake.

2) Loving others will not awaken them per se. This sounds nice but it's a fantasy. They need awakening, not your love.

3) Having people in awe of you is not a good thing because what's needed is them to be in awe of themselves.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

2) Loving others will not awaken them per se. This sounds nice but it's a fantasy. They need awakening, not your love.

3) Having people in awe of you is not a good thing because what's needed is them to be in awe of themselves.

1) I think that's because loving others completely means to be awake. There is no difference.

2) I think that is myopic. They will seek awakening because they seek love, so the best way to truly encourage them to seek, is to love. Think of Christ, a singular individual embodying Love, spawning an entire institution that seeks God, creating thousands of mystics, aswell as fundamentally leading to your life and your awakening. I do not think the most sophisticated and intelligent way to make people seek love/awakening is to convince them of seeking awakening. In my personal experience, your lack of Love is one of the things which discouraged me from applying your teachings. The little Love you do embody and express is what I am encouraged by most, and I doubt that this is just me.

3) Yes, but you know yourself that, the expression of your own potential for love will lead to the recognition of their own potential for love. This is what religion is, until it is corrupted. Corruption will happen either way, the question is, will a part of your teachings be part of it, or not? If Christ's teachings had not been corrupted, you wouldn't know about them today. In fact, if none of the mystic teachings were ever corrupted, and integrated into the survival of civlization, your life would not have been the life it is today. Love can only exist to the degree it is tolerated by the ego. That's all you can do for your brothers and sisters.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

I think most people are attracted to fantasies rather than to simple honesty.

What they want to hear is their inclinations and preferences being validated, not truthful communication.

I assume this is one of the reasons why teachers become massively popular.

Nice marketing, though.

Edited by UnbornTao

2 hours ago, Scholar said:

They will seek awakening because they seek love

I have yet to meet a person who seeks love actually serious about awakening.

They are too needy to take Truth seriously.

If you want Love, seek TRUTH. If you seek Love directly you will never find it.

Humans turn love into a selfish monstrosity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura, after I had my awakening, the projections of my mind crumbled. In other words, my ego was pulverized and my own mind had fallen into complete silence.

And now I don't have an egoic relationship with my girlfriend — she noticed that something shifted in me.

The only thing that I have left is my consciousness; I can relate to my girlfriend lovingly, with intention. But now we have a different kind of relationship, and she's still sticking with me — sometimes I can't believe it.

I'm no longer in the range of chemistry and compatibility with my girlfriend; I am only relating to her. Is that a bad thing?

To me, only her presence is enough. Is that wrong?

Edited by eTorro

51 minutes ago, eTorro said:

I'm no longer in the range of chemistry and compatibility with my girlfriend;

I don't know what that means.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura When you have time will you clarify what you meant here? You have taught in past episodes that the idea there are others who can awaken or we can help awaken is a deep illusion that many people and teachers fall into. 

3 hours ago, eTorro said:

I'm no longer in the range of chemistry and compatibility with my girlfriend; I am only relating to her. Is that a bad thing?

To me, only her presence is enough. Is that wrong?

@eTorro Are you saying since your awakening you don't feel the same sexual attraction or chemistry with your girlfriend anymore?

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Interesting 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have yet to meet a person who seeks love actually serious about awakening.

They are too needy to take Truth seriously.

If you want Love, seek TRUTH. If you seek Love directly you will never find it.

Humans turn love into a selfish monstrosity.

I feel like you are understanding love in a very narrow way here. A healthy way to seek awakening is fuel by your love for the truth. That's why you are where you are in the first place.

You have to cultivate Love. The people who turn love into a selfish monstrosity are people who have lacked genuine love in their life, especially during early years of development. Clearly I am not talking about some surface level naive love here, and of course not only about "receiving love". The joy of love comes from experiencing love FOR a thing, not receiving it by a thing. And that is what must be cultivated and exemplified.

I mean Leo, you can try to convince people by fear to seek awakening. "Your life will be terrible if you don't, look how stupid you are, look at all the things you are missing!", but how much good does that do for anyone. If you could simply express your total love for truth, you would inspire people that way, And you would inspire the right people, who might share this genuine interest, and therefore ought to be pursuiting this issue. in fact, when you do inspire people, it's mainly for that reason I think. Not everyone has to seek awakening anyways, we have to develope as a species in so many ways before we will be able to focus more on these higher spiritual pursuits. Then, you will also not have as much of a danger of corruption, because corruption happens precisely because people have underdeveloped egos. This means, we must raise the quality of ego in general before we give them the holy grail.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

A healthy way to seek awakening is fuel by your love for the truth.

Yes, but such people are not really seeking love. The love-seekers tend to seek the human feelings of love, mistaking it for existential Love.

You have to cultivate Love. The people who turn love into a selfish monstrosity are people who have lacked genuine love in their life, especially during early years of development.

It's not just that. They are so clueless about what love is that they don't know what they're seeking even if they aren't desperate for it.

Love is just a very counter-intuitive thing.

I mean Leo, you can try to convince people by fear to seek awakening. "Your life will be terrible if you don't, look how stupid you are, look at all the things you are missing!", but how much good does that do for anyone. If you could simply express your total love for truth, you would inspire people that way,

That's exactly what I said. Seek TRUTH. But how many are interested in that? They want fantasies of love instead.

@Leo Gura truth seeking is masculine energy

Love seeking is feminine energy

Most men/women here like feminine energy more. It is just more sexy

38 minutes ago, OBEler said:

Can't argue with that, but here is the flip side. I have shared many of Leo's teachings with my sister....she said she had intuited something similar. She never did any research or contemplation or deep deconstruction etc. She intuited it.

She accepted these teachings as true, now I'm not saying she embodied it (lol most won't they are still trapped by fear and ego identity) but she was able to just know it was true without much consideration.

My sister has 2 Master's degrees and is one of the smartest and most creative thinkers I know, I was like dang....you just intuited all this....I spent my whole life racking my brain and you just intuited this?

Reason/logic= Masculine

Intuition= Feminine.

Spirituality is deeply feminine, it is deeply connected with surrender to the unknown and to what is. It is also about giving up control....to gain control.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

45 minutes ago, OBEler said:

Love and Truth are one and the same. So I disagree with the dichotomy you suggest.

When you awaken, you realize that everything is your Self. If the awakening is deep enough, than hugging a stranger on the street or a tree in the forest will feel and known as hugging with your Self.

41 minutes ago, Batman said:

Love and Truth are one and the same. So I disagree with the dichotomy you suggest.

When you awaken, you realize that everything is your Self. If the awakening is deep enough, than hugging a stranger on the street or a tree in the forest will feel and known as hugging with your Self.

He knows that, he is explaining something.  You need to know when to discuss Oneness. You are currently using dichotomy right now, its called words, to describe the lack of dichotomy. To disagree with the dichotomy is to disagree with using words. We cannot have words, we cannot have current existence without dichotomy. 

Dichotomy is true, its just relatively true. Read to understand what he is saying, not to correct someone.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but such people are not really seeking love. The love-seekers tend to seek the human feelings of love, mistaking it for existential Love.

It's not just that. They are so clueless about what love is that they don't know what they're seeking even if they aren't desperate for it.

Love is just a very counter-intuitive thing.

That's exactly what I said. Seek TRUTH. But how many are interested in that? They want fantasies of love instead.

I often get the feeling that you try to look for disagreement in what is written on the forum, so that you can use it as an opportunity to play out your teacher role, and I think it sometimes makes you unnecessarily contrarian and misinterpret some of the things that someone might communicate.

Glory to Israel

5 hours ago, Razard86 said:

He knows that, he is explaining something.  You need to know when to discuss Oneness. You are currently using dichotomy right now, its called words, to describe the lack of dichotomy. To disagree with the dichotomy is to disagree with using words. We cannot have words, we cannot have current existence without dichotomy. 

Dichotomy is true, its just relatively true. Read to understand what he is saying, not to correct someone.

I understand him perfectly. I don't care about your word salad, as I was addressing the distinction he suggested. There is no difference between truth and love. Unconsciously, everyone - feminine or masculine - are looking for the same thing. Calling it by different names does not mean there is a real distinction there. 

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

I often get the feeling that you try to look for disagreement in what is written on the forum, so that you can use it as an opportunity to play out your teacher role, and I think it sometimes makes you unnecessarily contrarian and misinterpret some of the things that someone might communicate.

Interesting...I see myself doing that a lot. Something I need to work on.....

1 minute ago, Razard86 said:

Interesting...I see myself doing that a lot. Something I need to work on.....

Me too, it's a bad habit.

Glory to Israel