SamC

Jordan peterson message to muslims is a big projection

78 posts in this topic

@Razard86

On 7/15/2022 at 11:32 PM, Razard86 said:

The denial is strong with you..... its amazing actually. All I'm doing is showing you what you stated and its like a deer in headlights. 

Also projection again saying I don't like you, when did I say that? If you do not see the level of projection you are doing I don't know what to tell you. You keep making a lot of assumptions about what people are thinking. 

I think you are a very creative and bright user on this forum and I'm a fan of that thread you have called "I've encountered a spirit and it's living with me." Ask me anything and any advice?

Majority of people on this forum actually care about Jordan Peterson. If they didn't they would not be commenting on this forum. You have been mischaracterizing a lot of people on this thread when I can see love they have for him. The OP himself admires JP I also complimented him many times but for some reason you are taking people's disappointment in JP as if they are disappointed in you.

Nobody is perfect, not me, not you, and not JP. He isn't above following his own advice. The very things he told the Muslims, he should do himself.

If I mischaracterized and offended that wasn't my intention. I will let this go and move on.

Any other issue I leave to @Leo Gura , @Carl-Richard and other mods to resolve. Good day.

Also, threaten my friend in any way, I'll show you the full powers of my spiral wizardry, and make you go 'poof'.

Edited by Danioover9000

On 15/07/2022 at 5:33 PM, StarStruck said:

I found the video a little bit derogative. Like he is all up there and the muslims are all below and he is there literally on his armchair sofa telling how good the muslims are for a part, and naught for another part.

That's projecting.  Can't just assume he's looking down on muslims.

Hold him accountable to the wokeness level he's supposedly at.  That way if he did actually intend something derogatory with his attitude then it will blow up in his face sooner or later.  It's a small blow to his reputation if there are occasional "hints" he's biased or Islamophobic.  But it's a death blow if you let him keep 100% of his reputation, let him feel safe to be open with his views, and then he says a single line that kills his career.

On 15/07/2022 at 5:33 PM, StarStruck said:

Obviously he is projecting but we are all projecting unless you are fully enlightened which few of us are. The funny thing is that the OP shits on Peterson and calls him out for projecting while you are doing the same thing, by shaming him for shaming others.

Perhaps the only one projecting here is OP after all?

Surprising how one who spent decades in a university is now attacking Green. He was in a Green institution for decades, but only now he decides to attack it? Confusing.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

14 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Surprising how one who spent decades in a university is now attacking Green. He was in a Green institution for decades, but only now he decides to attack it? Confusing.

Its a long story, but an interesting story. It all started at that university involving compelled speech on gendered speech. If you connect the dots with his personal beliefs and what transpired at the time and the current socio political climate of the west, it makes perfect sense actually.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

He's become a total sellout. Lots of ass kissing of Israel. Lots of conceptual language every sentence but very little substance. Lots of surface level understanding of Muslims and blah blah of Sunni and Shia. Reminds me of the American generals who thought they had such deep understanding of Muslims during the Iraq war because they could talk about the Sunni-Shia divide and they really thought that was the main issue. 

On 7/13/2022 at 10:26 AM, Leo Gura said:

His whole public career is a performance art of self-bias, projection, moralization, lesser jihad, and lack of construct awareness.

He's fallen off a cliff and hit most of the major branches down the self-deception tree.

That's what happens when you don't take epistemology seriously.

Well damn, what a brilliant take down our great guru @Leo Gura

@thisintegrated

17 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

That's projecting.  Can't just assume he's looking down on muslims.

Hold him accountable to the wokeness level he's supposedly at.  That way if he did actually intend something derogatory with his attitude then it will blow up in his face sooner or later.  It's a small blow to his reputation if there are occasional "hints" he's biased or Islamophobic.  But it's a death blow if you let him keep 100% of his reputation, let him feel safe to be open with his views, and then he says a single line that kills his career.

Perhaps the only one projecting here is OP after all?

Exactly, that's like saying Eminem is just pretending to be black while being a white rapper, and taking advantage, meanwhile not taking into account how much work and effort he brought into hip hop, also the cypher he did against Donald Trump, using his voice despite who he is against racism, not appreciating how difficult it must be, to show some support for a minority group when you appear to be from the majority group while working with the minority group. That's where JP is at, at that moment in the video, a psychologist professor who's part Christian, part traditional, Caucasian, while giving a positive message to Muslims. What's wrong with that, and why is it this hard to appreciate that difficulty?

@How to be wise

16 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Of course, not all universities would be left leaning, some are right leaning too. He comes from that kind. Also, JP only has had interactions with stage green that are more toxic versions of it, so if that's all that he experienced, then generalizing to all stage green being evil makes sense in his point of view. It doesn't make sense to me, because I've encountered other people who have healthy stage green values with a healthy balance with stage blue/orange, and yes I also encountered more toxic stage green types so I can relate to JP's view a bit.

18 hours ago, How to be wise said:

To be fair, if I was forced to do my work for a decade in a university, I would be attacking it too.

His mistake was thinking that universities are places of truthseeking. They never were.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Its a long story, but an interesting story. It all started at that university involving compelled speech on gendered speech. If you connect the dots with his personal beliefs and what transpired at the time and the current socio political climate of the west, it makes perfect sense actually.

Given you know his history better than I, why do you think he thinks it necessary to rabble rouse religious people into vilifying another group? Is it just to have their support to push his own agenda? The type of people he will connect with while doing this are zealous, and hard to sway from a perspective once they take it, so there is that.

Do you think he's thinking in larger terms like some right-wingers, in trying to encourage a theocracy-light version of government in America? Or is it just to appeal to a new audience? It's essentially doing what, liberals and here labor, did at one time, before they became largely status quo orientated. 

I guess at the end of the day, be grateful you are not JP with those types of shadows, although the exchange of not being able to relate to JP, that is you won't understand what he had to go through in his life, those parts not accessible in the public eye. However, if you were JP, you would not be you and lead what life you would have led, so there's that trade off.  

Perhaps he's realised people do it to him all the time, like the twitter mob and seen how effective collective hysteria and exaggeration is.

His appeal for unity won't work.  One of the attributes of dogma based religions is that you have to believe that your dogma is the ultimate truth and everyone else is deceived.   If the conservative Christians and Muslims ever did unite then as a consequence they would become liberal.

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

23 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

I guess at the end of the day, be grateful you are not JP with those types of shadows, although the exchange of not being able to relate to JP, that is you won't understand what he had to go through in his life, those parts not accessible in the public eye. However, if you were JP, you would not be you and lead what life you would have led, so there's that trade off.  

I am genuinely sorry you are feeling this way about these posts. The shadow you are seeing is you, it's always related to you. Someone tried to tell you above and its never easy to hear.

I am seeing that I use collective hysteria like JP does here and it bothers me. I've been seeing that reflected by leo three or four times as well as others. That I use exaggeration, and I do so for effect, but I needed to see it in a format where I understood how damaging it is. How my vilification of the status quo has led me to ignore its benefits. Something JP helped me to see in other forms :) So the conversation was useful to me, thank you. Gratitude.

I hope in time you can see you are feeling emotionally triggered when others talk about JP, and that has something to do with your identity. I don't know what but hopefully with reflection when you re-read these responses you'll see it in yourself.

Edited by BlueOak

@BlueOak

15 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

I am genuinely sorry you are feeling this way about these posts. The shadow you are seeing is you, it's always related to you. Someone tried to tell you above and its never easy to hear.

I am seeing that I use collective hysteria like JP does here and it bothers me. I've been seeing that reflected by leo three or four times as well as others. That I use exaggeration, and I do so for effect, but I needed to see it in a format where I understood how damaging it is. How my vilification of the status quo has led me to ignore its benefits. Something JP helped me to see in other forms :) So the conversation was useful to me, thank you. Gratitude.

I hope in time you can see you are feeling emotionally triggered when others talk about JP, and that has something to do with your identity. I don't know what but hopefully with reflection when you re-read these responses you'll see it in yourself.

Ok BlueOak.

Of course OP is projecting. Everything is. Good job you guys, you get it. I mean I get it:P

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

@SamC

1 hour ago, SamC said:

Of course OP is projecting. Everything is. Good job you guys, you get it. I mean I get it:P

As the saying goes, it's all smoke and mirrors.