Majed

Which spiritual practice is better

5 posts in this topic

I’ve been meditating for an hour everyday for a year and half now, and i’ve been also contemplating for 1 hour everyday for months. I was just wondering, what was better to meditate for 2 hours everyday or to meditate for one hour and contemplate for 1 hour. Which option will produce more results, will love to hear your perspectives on that. 

@Majed No one here is able to give you the correct answer. We know nothing about you. Get a teacher or coach. Otherwise, try both. Experiment, but do each for at least 90 days. 

@Majed

Only thing people who answer here can give is their perspective of what worked for them and you actually don't benefit out of that. It's matter of do you seek for more understanding or certain state of mind. I as you would still keep contemplation with your routine, because almost nobody has thought all meaningful things to their end and that makes them suffer in their lifes. Remember that meditation is used only to train you to have these states outside of meditation aka mindfulness.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

You should meditate until you are in a very relaxed and focused state, then contemplate. Don't eliminate contemplation. 

I'm just being spontaneous, letting myself relax. I do know it works, maybe slowly but I don't mind