DefinitelyNotARobot

How can reality be intelligent when it's absolutely nothing?

41 posts in this topic

As Leo said: If nothing exists then nothing is holding nothingness back from becoming "something" (I'm paraphrasing). That means that everything that "exists" must "exist" because there is nothing holding it back from "existence". So what does that mean in the context of intelligence? What does it really mean to say that reality is intelligent when nothingness is void of all properties? If everything exists because it must exist, since nothingness will inevitably manifest as an infinite amount of forms (because there is nothing holding it back from doing so!), then doesn't everything just exist because it can't be any other way? And if that's true then why do you call it intelligence? How can nothing be absolutely intelligent if it just is the way it is? You could probably say that nothing is holding nothingness back from being infinitely intelligent, but wouldn't the same be true for infinite stupidity haha? I know that I've got an immature definition of intelligence and I'm clearly not conscious of how deep this nothingness really goes (I got my first small little taste yesterday evening), but these descriptions just seem so contrary to each other. I'm curious as to why you use the word "intelligence" to describe absolutely nothing.

beep boop

Because the “Nothing” is infinite potential. “Nothing” is the most powerful ‘substance’. Think of it like this: with clay you can create a bowl, a plate etc… but you can’t create a living organism, or a memory, or time, or philosophical insight, or a life time, or a lung, or sensation, etc… 

So this “nothing” is something but in and of itself has no characteristics which allows it to take on any characteristics it wants. 

like a human experience.

It’s intelligent because it’s capable of infinite organizing principle. Notice how stable reality is, your life is etc. Notice how full and rich the dream is ever before you started contemplating “nothing”. This nothing can be everything and so much more than your human reference experiences making it impossible to realize how deep it goes. Your own intelligence asking this is a small slither of your infinite intelligence as God.

when you move your hand, or speak, use logic etc those are small finite aspects of this intelligence.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Look around, look at people, nature the world. Its design is not random. There is an order.

@Thought Art Yeah I'm amazed by how stable reality is. It just seems to go on and on and on without a stop. It's so consistent. And you're right in that everything seems so neatly stitched together. But can you elaborate further on what is being pointed to when you say intelligence? I'm still unsure about what it means.

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

What is real intelligence?

Answer

Follow

Request

More

Ad by Nokia

Future proof your network systems with standalone core solutions.

Evolve successfully from NSA to SA with Nokia’s 5G Core - the secret to CSP success.

Learn More

All related (38)

Recommended

Thanks dude I think I get it now. ??

For real though, it does make sense to me to think of intelligence as awareness. So when someone says that reality is infinitely intelligent, they're really saying that it's infinitely (self-)aware? 

beep boop

Reality is a mind. So everything you see around you. 

Reality is infinitely self aware, and has infinite will. There’s nothing outside of it to tell it what to do. So everything around you is your will. But you’ve artificially cut yourself off from those higher intelligence for a stable human experience.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Michael Jackson In an infinite reality everything that can exist will exist and must exist. So doesn't order exist simply because it can't be any other way? It's not like reality has any other choice but to be the way it is. It IS what it is (which is nothing).

@Thought Art Thanks I'll watch it and come back to this.

beep boop

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@Michael Jackson In an infinite reality everything that can exist will exist and must exist. So doesn't order exist simply because it can't be any other way? It's not like reality has any other choice but to be the way it is. It IS what it is (which is nothing).

@Thought Art Thanks I'll watch it and come back to this.

@DefinitelyNotARobot

Everything/Infinity is the present moment in it's totality. It is what you see RIGHT NOW.

Just look at it and realize it's magnificence. 

However, God didn't chose intelligence, he just cant help but be intelligence.

It's simply the case that substances aren't real and couldn't be real... It wouldn't even make sense for there to be a REAL, physical substance, that's why physicists and such can't answer why anything exists rather than nothingness...

If I talk about intelligence I'll be theorizing as I don't understand why: But I have noticed that things often conform to patterns. In nature, when you get high and see patterning etc. Patterning is probably the most natural, easiest thing, as it just repeats one imagined object over and over, rather than many different ones... MOST intelligence (e.g. how plants grow and function) might be some extreme form of patterning.

The idea of deciding our actions is bogus. There isn't "free will". So our actions like a plant might be some sort of patterning up to a higher order. Ex: There's nothing to a person than the exact present happening, yet you can predict a person. You can predict someone who hates olives won't order olives, and action film addicts are likely to choose an action flick at the cinema.

That is a type of pattern.

Self awareness on the other hand is strange. I can't really account for that. I don't understand it... I do understand that awareness is necessary for any thingness to appear, but I don't understand why we recognize the awareness that exists.

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

As Leo said: If nothing exists then nothing is holding nothingness back from becoming "something" (I'm paraphrasing). That means that everything that "exists" must "exist" because there is nothing holding it back from "existence". So what does that mean in the context of intelligence? What does it really mean to say that reality is intelligent when nothingness is void of all properties?

The problem here is that you are conceiving of reality/consciousness in a reductionistic sense of a simple thing like emptiness. But that's just the tip of the iceberg of what reality is. Rather than conceiving reality as a void, conceive of it as an Infinite Mind which knows everything at once. It is absolutely self-aware and all-powerful. It has the sum total intelligence of every living thing that could ever exist. So imagine taking the intelligence of 10 billion humans and 10 billion AIs and adding all of it up into a single Mind. That would get you a little peak into the power of God's Mind.

If everything exists because it must exist, since nothingness will inevitably manifest as an infinite amount of forms (because there is nothing holding it back from doing so!), then doesn't everything just exist because it can't be any other way?

Yes! Infinite Mind is absolutely tautological. It cannot be any other way than how it is. It is Perfection itself.

God cannot be any other way because God is Absolute Truth.

And if that's true then why do you call it intelligence?

Why do you call yourself intelligent? Well, the universe is infinitely more intelligent than you, since your human mind is just a subset of it.

How can nothing be absolutely intelligent if it just is the way it is?

Why would necessity and absoluteness undercut intelligence?

A thing can exactly the way it is, and also be intelligent.

You could probably say that nothing is holding nothingness back from being infinitely intelligent,

That's correct. It's an unlimited Mind.

but wouldn't the same be true for infinite stupidity haha?

Funny enough, to create stupidity requires infinite intelligence.

It is no easy feat for an Infinite Mind to fool itself into acting stupid. And yet, an Infinite Mind is precisely capable of deceiving itself into acting stupid. But this is done using intelligence.

I know that I've got an immature definition of intelligence and I'm clearly not conscious of how deep this nothingness really goes (I got my first small little taste yesterday evening), but these descriptions just seem so contrary to each other. I'm curious as to why you use the word "intelligence" to describe absolutely nothing.

The problem here is that all your ideas of absolutely nothing are wrong. Nothing is not what you think it is. Nothing is infinite consciousness. It's not a materialistic nothing.

The Nothing we are speaking of can materialize a unicorn out of thin air. That's how smart it is. Imagine being so smart you could materialize unicorns.

You might wonder, But how can nothing do that? But in this case Nothing = Something.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Smoking some DMT kinda shows more of the Unicorn manifesting type capacity.

Once for me a door opened up to my office at work and I could see it. Strange. Like, a door opened up in my visual field and rotated around with my bosses head. It was completely impossible.

◭"89"

nothing is all that stuff that mind can't perceive conceive receive, and that is plenty, the transcendent unmanifest, the province of spirituality

mind won't reach

Labeling reality as intelligent is just a perspective or opinion.

You could also call reality everything because there's nothing outside of it..... it's just not any one particular thing, it's all things!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Labeling reality as intelligent is just a perspective or opinion.

It's not just an opinion.

Awakening to Infinite Intelligence is a key aspect of realizing what consciousness/God is. It's a distinct type of awakening.

10 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

But I have noticed that things often conform to patterns. In nature, when you get high and see patterning etc. Patterning is probably the most natural, easiest thing, as it just repeats one imagined object over and over, rather than many different ones... MOST intelligence (e.g. how plants grow and function) might be some extreme form of patterning.

The relative domain contains a lot patternization (Not sure if that word even exists, but it does now), which is really mysterious. It seems so elegant and profound and yet I wouldn't be able to tell if it was a manifestation of absolute intelligence or just a projection of my relative notion of intelligence. It also could be both in the sense that I'm projecting my relative understanding onto reality, while my relative projection is a manifestation of absolute intelligence at the same time.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem here is that you are conceiving of reality/consciousness in a reductionistic sense of a simple thing like emptiness. But that's just the tip of the iceberg of what reality is.

I think I'm creating a subtle duality between nothing and something. Like there is the nothingness which gives rise to all properties and then there are the properties that it gives rise to. A banana is yellow, but what exactly is the difference between the yellow of a banana and absolutely nothing? The difference itself is made from nothing, isn't it?

But I have noticed that things often conform to patterns. In nature, when you get high and see patterning etc. Patterning is probably the most natural, easiest thing, as it just repeats one imagined object over and over, rather than many different ones... MOST intelligence (e.g. how plants grow and function) might be some extreme form of patterning.

Do the realization of nothingness and intelligence happen separately? I understand that intellectualizing any of this is pointless as such an intelligence would be unquantifiable. I'm sitting here playing with a rubiks cube trying to wrap my mind around what intelligence even is, but it feels so slippery. I'm unable to grab onto anything, probably because there is an nothing to grab onto. But that's what I mean. When I try to observe intelligence I can't seem to find anything.

Why do you call yourself intelligent? Well, the universe is infinitely more intelligent than you, since your human mind is just a subset of it.

Does this apply to other relative "properties" too? Think of the previous example of the yellow banana. Does the existence of the yellowness of the banana imply infinite yellowness? Could we say that nothingness was yellow and that the yellow of the banana could only emerge as a result of absolute yellowness? It's kind of a silly example, but I'm serious about the question.

I assumed that intelligence would imply some form of controlled action/limitation and that nothingness manifests as something, exactly because there is nothing controlling/limiting it. I yet again drew a duality between something and nothing, in that I assumed that there was a difference between control/limitation and nothingness.

Because it's precisely nothing?

7 hours ago, gettoefl said:

nothing is all that stuff that mind can't perceive conceive receive

Isn't there then a duality between what can/can't be perceived/conceived/received and between what the mind can/can't reach?

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

34 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I think I'm creating a subtle duality between nothing and something.

Of course

A banana is yellow, but what exactly is the difference between the yellow of a banana and absolutely nothing? The difference itself is made from nothing, isn't it?

There's no difference between anythig from the highest consciousness.

Do the realization of nothingness and intelligence happen separately?

It can, or you can see them both at once. Usually it will happen separately at first. Then you will see them together.

but it feels so slippery. I'm unable to grab onto anything, probably because there is an nothing to grab onto. But that's what I mean. When I try to observe intelligence I can't seem to find anything.

Yes, intelligence is slippery because it's not like a physical object you can see. It's more of a feature of the whole field of consciousness. It's similar to trying to locate beauty within work of art. The beauty is there, but it's not localized to any part of the art.

If you want to get a sense of pure intelligence, just focus on your own intelligence. Notice that you can sense your own intelligence without reducing it down to any specific thing like a particular thought. Now just notice that this intelligence is not residing in your head, it is a feature of the entire field of consciousness that's dreaming your life.

Does this apply to other relative "properties" too? Think of the previous example of the yellow banana. Does the existence of the yellowness of the banana imply infinite yellowness? Could we say that nothingness was yellow and that the yellow of the banana could only emerge as a result of absolute yellowness? It's kind of a silly example, but I'm serious about the question.

No, yellowness is not as fundamental as intelligence. Intelligence is not a relative property. Intelligence is a feature of the Absolute. Intelligence permeates the entire field of consciousness whereas yellow does not.

I assumed that intelligence would imply some form of controlled action/limitation

No, pure intelligence is infinite and unlimited. But since it's unlimited it can also limit itself down to be as dumb as it wants.

Intelligence is just like a volume knob that can spin endlessly upward/downward.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not just an opinion.

Awakening to Infinite Intelligence is a key aspect of realizing what consciousness/God is. It's a distinct type of awakening.

I just mean in the sense that there is nothing else to compare it to because it's already everything.... infinite Intelligence compared to what? 

There is only what seems to be happening.....it could be called "infinite Intelligence" or "what is" or "reality"

Reality doesn't need recognition of its infinite nature. It's just continues doing what it does.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

21 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

infinite Intelligence compared to what?

You don't need to compare it to anything. Absolute has no other.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course

There's no difference between anythig from the highest consciousness.

It can, or you can see them both at once. Usually it will happen separately at first. Then you will see them together.

Yes, intelligence is slippery because it's not like a physical object you can see. It's more of a feature of the whole field of consciousness. It's similar to trying to locate beauty within work of art. The beauty is there, but it's not localized to any part of the art.

If you want to get a sense of pure intelligence, just focus on your own intelligence. Notice that you can sense your own intelligence without reducing it down to any specific thing like a particular thought. Now just notice that this intelligence is not residing in your head, it is a feature of the entire field of consciousness that's dreaming your life.

No, yellowness is not as fundamental as intelligence. Intelligence is not a relative property. Intelligence is a feature of the Absolute. Intelligence permeates the entire field of consciousness whereas yellow does not.

No, pure intelligence is infinite and unlimited. But since it's unlimited it can also limit itself down to be as dumb as it wants.

Intelligence is just like a volume knob that can spin endlessly upward/downward.

To you, is Intelligence another word for Divinity?

Glory to Israel

10 minutes ago, Scholar said:

To you, is Intelligence another word for Divinity?

Both are facets of God, but I generally distinguish them.