mmKay

Tripping logistics ideas?

15 posts in this topic

I may have stumbled upon the chance to consistently trip on mushrooms whenever I want which is amazing and something I wanted for a long time, but I'm struggling with having a place to trip in peace.

I'm planning to keep the doses low and to focus mainly on healing trauma and generating pragmatic insights.

I live with my parents and one brother but I do have my own private room with a lock and good sound insulation.

Is tripping at home, even if low doses, a recipe for disaster? Should I rather go for an hotel room?

Any other ideas or outside the box thinking? Big thansk!

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Go for a hike in nature. You want to have as few restrictions on your free movement as possible. I would only trip inside if all the other people in the house are 100% in on it.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

It can be a bad idea to do it at home. Don’t trip around family.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 hours ago, mmKay said:

I live with my parents and one brother but I do have my own private room with a lock and good sound insulation.

I live alone but sometimes my scheduled trip lines up with when I'm at home with my parents. Still do it, but sometimes when I go to the kitchen to grab water and run into my mom makes me feels self-conscious. She also starts acting weird trying to pretend like everything is normal. 

4 hours ago, mmKay said:

Is tripping at home, even if low doses, a recipe for disaster? 

You need to be capable of spending the whole trip sitting and meditating. Easier on low doses. I suppose being at home would help prevent worse things like calling 911

5 hours ago, mmKay said:

I may have stumbled upon the chance to consistently trip on mushrooms 

I stay away from mushrooms because they get too twisted sometimes, preferring LSD. If you have access to that then I'll recommend that. That being said, mushrooms are still very good if you know your limits.

10 hours ago, mmKay said:

Is tripping at home, even if low doses, a recipe for disaster? Should I rather go for an hotel room?

You're keeping the doses low, so even if the setting turns out to be bad for you it will still be very manageable. Don't worry too much about it.

That said, you've probably heard "set and setting"

They are interlinked, not separate.

The helpfulness or unhelpfulness of a setting depends on how it makes you feel (your set)

So if being in a house with family around, who you can not tell about your tripping, makes you feel tense and anxious because of the secretiveness, then it's not a good setting.

Personally I'm not wired to care super much about what someone else thinks about me, so it wouldn't send me into a bad spiral.

A hotel room would, because I'm quite sensitive to the feeling of being out-of-place, not at home, lost. So that would be much more likely to send me into a negative spiral, then again, if I'm looking to face that feeling and see what early trauma it is connected to, perhaps it would be perfect for me. Just not the easiest trip.

For someone else a hotel room would feel easy and safe.

Go for a place you are physically safe. So don't go wandering off into nature without telling anyone where you're going. You won't be able to use Google Maps when you're tripping, so getting lost is a real possibility.

Secrets contribute to paranoia, anxiety and disconnection, so if at all possible, make sure the people in your house know and accept what you are doing.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

Go for a place you are physically safe. So don't go wandering off into nature without telling anyone where you're going. You won't be able to use Google Maps when you're tripping, so getting lost is a real possibility.

Yeah, I forgot to add that nature hikes should ideally happen in an area you're familiar with. Don't just go into some random patch of forest unless you have experience doing that. Stick to hiking trails that are not too busy.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

You could scout out a safe, cozy place in the woods or somewhere like that where you make it comfy with supplies and no one can disturb you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, mmKay said:

Should I rather go for an hotel room?

I rent a nice airbnb for a weekend when I want to trip with my girlfriend, it doubles as a nice date, because we rent an apartment with way better standards than the rooms we live in.

Out of the box idea is a triangular tree hammock. It's good beacuse you are not destroying grass and you are partially isolated from bugs, ants and snakes, also it has plenty of space. Buy this and go into wilderness.

Something like this Screenshot_20220713-151916_Chrome.jpg

bump. Would be cool to have some more opinions and ideas. As of now I'm tempted to just do it at home locked in my room and keep the dose low. I plan just to sit around and contemplate.

Edited by mmKay

49 minutes ago, mmKay said:

As of now I'm tempted to just do it at home locked in my room and keep the dose low. I plan just to sit around and contemplate.

Honestly, that should be fine especially if you keep the dose low.  It might be a little awkward if you bump into people while going to the bathroom, but you could just say you're tired and need to go to bed.  

5 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

Do you have your own bath?

yup

On 14/07/2022 at 7:59 PM, mmKay said:

bump. Would be cool to have some more opinions and ideas. As of now I'm tempted to just do it at home locked in my room and keep the dose low. I plan just to sit around and contemplate.

My very first psychedelic trip was exactly like this. I was home in my room. My dad was out but I knew he'd be back in the evening. Let me tell you from experience, DO NOT DO THIS.

Why? Because you'll spend the whole trip thinking about other people in the house, or if someone is going to come into your room and see/talk to you. You'll get caught in thought loops (I did) about this and descend into a very unpleasant mind space. 

One of the absolute most important things when tripping is setting. The rule is: your setting has to be so good that you can completely forget about it. There shouldn't be a speck of concern or worry about your setting when you trip because it will get in the way of your ability to fully let go and release.

Either do it when you know for certain that you have the house to yourself and that no one will be coming home. Or rent an Airbnb for 2 nights. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski