evolving55555

Best advice for my 3 month spiritual retreat in the jungle

9 posts in this topic

Leo, I am currently in a 3 month retreat in the middle of the jungle, in the mountains of Costa Rica. This is a very high frequency place, the nature is rich and abundant in high spiritual teachings. I am surrounded by spiritual and safe people.

We will have and have had many ceremonies here (Ayahuasca, Peyote, Bufo, Rapé, Kambo, etc). In between all those ceremonies and other activities, we have many rest days during which we are free to do what we desire.

Leo, I would truly appreciate to know what your best advice is for me to make the best use out of those 3 precious months. I am very disconnected from the outside world here. What should I focus on the most out of everything? More meditation? What do you think will bring me the most spiritual growth? What would you do if you were in my place? My husband is coming to join me for half of the stay, so we will also be growing together on this journey.

I meditate, read, go explore the jungle to unlock and remember my abilities and my connection to nature, plants, flowers, do breath work, have my own personal mushroom trips, journal/introspect, workout, I will also facilitate my own ceremony for everyone. I try not to get distracted by the gatherings of everyone staying together to talk and ”chill”. I do not consider this to be a vacation.

I listen carefully to your words and see you as a mentor. I would be very grateful to read what you have to say.

I look forward to receiving the advice of everyone else here as well.

@evolving55555

First advice for you is that stop seeing it as non-vacation or working. If I'd be where you're I would take everything out of it, because most likely it'll be one of your life's peak moments. Try to be conscious in whatever you do and meditate at evenings and mornings so you get into great state of being. Don't forget to write your thoughts to some paper. There is nothing wrong with chilling with people, because making deep connection with other people and nature anyways is top priority of life. Sharing your experience with others can actually be beneficial, because that cleans your mind.

-joNi-

Edited by Kksd74628
I meant that it is beneficial to write thoughts to paper and not the other way around.

Who told you that "others" are real?

@evolving55555

If you search for things you could do:

Come into contemplation mode. The topics of your contemplation depend on what you want to use this retreat for. Are you after enlightenment? Or general wellbeing? Living your purpose here on earth?

For myself, as I'm working on grounding in 3D reality before doing any spiritual outer dimensional stuff, I'd do meditation and embody my intuition while letting go of fears and inauthenticities every day.

As Kksd already suggested, be social. Yes, some gatherings can run into dead-ends (gossip, politics, conspiracies...), so it's always good to feel into yourself, if you really want to be there. Even if you feel already good in communication, there's always something new learned when talking to people, especially the kinds of people who are at these jungle retreat centers. That's at least the case for me.

However, resting days seem to be for resting:

That means integrating and preparing for the next journey in any way which seems good. "Doing" things in-between can overload your body and can be too much for your mental health too. Don't overload your schedule. Only operate in a handful of modes. Slow down and only do the essential.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Advice is, don't get stuck in a cult.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@evolving55555

1 hour ago, Loving Radiance said:

Don't overload your schedule. Only operate in a handful of modes. Slow down and only do the essential.

That's actually what I wanted to say. So pick up things you like to work on for example: being present during the day, trying to see positive sides of things, contemplating some ideas. Minimize the things you focus on one period and try to have lot of free time just to be and chill with others. Because this whole life is after all a vacation, don't train for it like you would to some competition. Whole point of life is to love/appreciate/accept present moment as it is so don't do too many things so you don't end up not seeing the forest for the trees.

Who told you that "others" are real?

3 hours ago, evolving55555 said:

@Leo Gura it’s not…

Maybe no, but there will be several people, with some leaders, who will have some ideas...and 3 months is a long time of coexistence and dynamics are established. My advice would be: be independent. look for solitude

7 hours ago, evolving55555 said:

@Leo Gura it’s not…

They never seem like they are.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I am planning a trip to the jungle to follow a dieta de plantas.    I will be in the amazon - no roads, no electricity, no internet, no phones, no books. I will listen to the shaman and the plant teachers.  I see this as a valuable opportunity to heal and learn  in another world completely outside the consensus reality of modern civilization.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.