machinegun

LPC sucks

15 posts in this topic

Is it me or is the LPC complete ass. It's unnecessarily long as fuck, and most of the videos are expendable. I came to learn one thing: my life purpose.  It's probably important to know my values, fears, and whatever. But, even those areas are murky for me at best if you are to follow directions and contemplate values, fears, etc. for the recommended time. Most of the exercises don't tell you anything about yourself at all and are a complete waste of time. I feel like I would have been better off if I just thought about my life purpose for 3 hours instead of watching years of all these boring-ass videos.

i stopped halfway trough, but i am doing my life purpose anyways, if this feedback helps :)

Edited by Applegarden8

@machinegun I haven’t taken it but I suspect that you’ll get out what you put into it.

If you’re just begrudgingly going through the videos and haphazardly doing the exercises, I can’t imagine you’ll get much value out of that.

The main value of courses like these is that they stimulate your own thinking. They require your full engagement.

3 hours ago, machinegun said:

Most of the exercises don't tell you anything about yourself at all and are a complete waste of time.

I haven't finished the course yet myself, but that is hard for me to believe, since Leo always provides good exercises in his YT-videos. You need to do them for a long time and maybe several times. Like mentioned above, the more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

3 hours ago, machinegun said:

I feel like I would have been better off if I just thought about my life purpose for 3 hours instead of watching years of all these boring-ass videos.

Your life purpose should already be important enough that even without the course you spend day and night thinking about it... not just for 3 hours. This kind of life changing insights don't come in one afternoon, it's a long process.

I understand not everyone likes his teaching style and the way he presents it is not for everyone, but to call it boring I feel is a bit unfair. There's alot to take away and to learn from it.

If you'd liked a refund, PM me and include your payment email address.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, machinegun said:

Is it me or is the LPC complete ass. It's unnecessarily long as fuck, and most of the videos are expendable. I came to learn one thing: my life purpose.  It's probably important to know my values, fears, and whatever. But, even those areas are murky for me at best if you are to follow directions and contemplate values, fears, etc. for the recommended time. Most of the exercises don't tell you anything about yourself at all and are a complete waste of time. I feel like I would have been better off if I just thought about my life purpose for 3 hours instead of watching years of all these boring-ass videos.

Hmmm, I think I understand where you are coming from. I feel the course is more like if you are a thinker, how to use that tool to figure out your life purpose. Few of the questions helped me narrow down on what I want, and i don't know about you but I really enjoyed the Book reviews section of the course as I came back to it again and again.

Understanding your core values and using that as a parameter is also an amazing idea that I feel I'm still developing. 

I feel if you don't like it, then get the refund and check out like enneagram, Objective Personality System or something like that that kinda puts people in boxes and tracks the general life purpose of the most successful people in that area. Also, these kinda stuff women love so that's a bonus as well

*.< 

Enneagram I would recommend this

https://drdaviddaniels.com/contact/

Just email Suzanne Dion

Hope that helps 

Just you dude. All the theory in the first half is necessary to set the right framework and mindset going in, and all the values passes are necessary to double and triple check that you've got it right and aren't falling into any common pitfalls.

Worth the time investment for something as important as your life purpose. The course takes less time to complete than getting 1 credit in college and in my opinion delivers wayyy more practical value and way less "expendible" content.

Like any self-help material it takes work and insight on your part too. No one can hand you your life purpose on a silver platter, they can only guide you to it and walk you around it to discover for yourself.

If you are too young and inexperienced, that's a reason I could see it seeming murky. In which case, try coming back to it in a few years.

The course is very valuable to me. I set aside time to go back and re-watch the entire thing every December before setting my goals for the next year, to make sure I'm still in alignment with my purpose. Going on like 5+ years now. I'd probably re-pay $250/year every year for it if I had to.

Edited by Yarco

I had watched it all, but did guide my girlfriend through the exerciceses in more concise manner.

Uhm.. I disagree.

Just finding our your true values is easily worth 200 bucks. Took me some months to finish just that part of the course so yeah it is a lot of work. Like what were you gonna spend your time and money doing instead..?

Edited by Value
spelling

@machinegun

10 hours ago, machinegun said:

Jesus Christ man, zero appreciation of the hard work done to put together 25 hours of video, mostly practical exercises and some theory, exercises for clarifying your own values. You don't deserve the LPC, I think you need to take a course on how to learn properly and engage with a course, or psychoanalysis/therapy to fix that negative mindset of yours.

What an attitude. It's honestly painful to read this. Sorry you wasted your money.

Instead of doing that and complaining like a spoiled little child, you could have come to this conclusion early on and gotten your refund. 

Edited by Phil777

Man, for me it was so much fun. In fact, I will consider going through parts of it again this week. The concepts, exercises etc I found to be really useful and foundational. 

There is no magical life purpose out there in reality...

For a lot of people their purpose is based on their values, interests, vision and these act as the foundations for a powerful purpose. How can you make a powerful purpose if you don't have those foundational elements? It's gonna be a multi-year process discovering it and then actualizing it. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

The LPC Helped me gain some realizations on my true interests and values. But I think its something you need to revisit yearly... Values and LP statement, my values came easily - I was honest and did have some toxic values which was helpful. What I struggled with most was my zone of genius. I always liked comedy and standup my entire life, and I consider myself to be funny when I want to be(voted class clown in HS :D). But I think I am too afraid to go after that ultimately.  

Long story short I think some portions came easier than others for me personally.

I’ve done the course 3 times through over the last 6 years and it’s radically changed my life.

The issue is you not working the course. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

I think the Life Purpose Course is a valuable resource. You need to give it two to three years. During the first three years, whenever I felt lost, I returned to my course notes, and that gave me support. I also watched the core concepts section a second time after three years. The LPC is good enough, and it's affordable. If you want a more spiritual Life Purpose Course, then maybe check out Jonathan Gustin's course. I haven't taken it; it's quite expensive, but it looks interesting because it has a spiritual foundation. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins