Revolutionary Think

Leo Finally came back from the Deep End and I Couldn't be Happier

53 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not about hierarchy, it's about ensuring you don't fool yourself into thinking you're awake when you're not.

Unfortunately standard nonduality teachings have fooled many people into thinking they are awake or understand what awakening/consciousness is. When people are fooled into thinking they've reached the top, they cannot reach the actual top. This is not about being superior, it is about fully waking up to yourself as God. That is not possible if some Buddhist convinces you that you got it. It would be like convincing a child that there is no more mathematics to learn after 5th grade, and anyone who claims there is, is just being egotistical and trying to create a new game of hierarchy.

Yeah haha but tell me this Leo, what happens if you don't ever realize yourself as God fully? Then will you still be good enough? Will you still be worthy of love?.... ?

Standards are the issue. Your whole tone, attitude and teaching is this: Reach this level of understanding here or else you're falling short. Almost impossible to not equate self worth into this thing, and not a fair thing to ask, especially considering self worth, and not being good enough, IS one of the most tenacuous issues almost every human deals with and causes great amounts of pain and suffering. Try and tell me that self worth and value isn't one of the most permeating psychological issues with profound effects human beings feel that permeate society in so many ways. And try and tell me how much of that doesn't exists on this forum here, something you created. The core wound of the ego is thinking its not good enough and has to be "over there" with God, in heaven, at the "highest levels" otherwise its not good enough, or deluded, or egotistical, or in hell, or what have you... the present moment is all there is, no level of understanding is better than any else everything just is what it is and being. 

There's nothing to reach, the top is already right here in the present moment theres nothing to do. You seem to forget the fundamental teaching of being in the present moment here, and now, and not trying to go over there, transcended with God, super deeply instead of being here, as you are now, with whatever level of awareness is present. We are here to be human after all.

11 hours ago, Vynce said:

And if you had, did kindness and "people pleasing" - energy guided you there? 

That's your exprience I think it's different strokes for different folks. For some people that energy will help and for other's it'll drive them away and vice versa. 

One of the greatest delusions: "I'm not good enough".

This delusion is itself the illusion of the spiritual journey, which is wanting to ascend due to perceived suffering of not being happy or good enough, awakened enough, attractive enough, or what have you. 

You are good enough, now, here in the present moment (ah the present moment, remember that old teaching?) No level of anything is better than anything else. Its all love. It's all beautiful.

4 hours ago, Vynce said:

Sorry for my egoic outburst.

Good. Punish that ego. ?

Edited by AuroraDream

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When people are fooled into thinking they've reached the top, they cannot reach the actual top.

The job in my opinion of the people who are at the top or close to it is to help others reach where they are and/or even help those people surpass them with loving kindness and not with ego and judgement. In fact if teachings are steeped in ego and judgement I have trouble believing that those whose teaching style revolves around ego, arrogance, and judgement can actually be anywhere near the top at all and have deluded themselves into believing they are there or close to there. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Edited by Revolutionary Think
*there

2 hours ago, Revolutionary Think said:

I have trouble believing that those whose teaching style revolves around ego, arrogance, and judgement can actually be anywhere near the top at all and have deluded themselves into believing they are there or close to there. 

Just my 2 cents. 

^^

58 minutes ago, AuroraDream said:

^^

I think he's realizing this though (I hope) 

I have never got the arrogant guy vibes from Leo, He is just an ambitious guy who tells you what is possible if you work in a certain direction. It may sound arrogant to some people but it is actually not.  

@Leo Gura I know what you're saying bro, once you think you're a superior mathematician. They can always throw an even harder problem at you. Just like how they haven't figured the thrust to carrying weight issue on the rockets in order to deliver the astronauts and supplies to another planet. And then there's always a mathematician somewhere working 12 hour days coming up with harder and harder math problems. 

Edited by BuddhistLover

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

6 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Speak for yourself I like it actually. Tough Love/Masculine Love is brutal. If you don't like it then you need to integrate more of your Masculine. We relate to others how we relate to ourself. Leo relates this way because that is how he communicates to himself. Let's you know that Leo is very hard on himself and he pushes himself. He couldn't do the things he did if he was any other way.

You don't get to pick and choose what parts you wanna change about someone and still wish them to be them. Every single aspect of what you are, makes you what you are. For me Leo is perfect the way he is, I don't have to agree with him to give him the space to be himself.

Well said.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

I remember chating with one american guy on YouTube. I said to him that to me Leo is just one source  of informations on spirituality and that i don't "follow" him. I also said that i was not damaged by Leo in any way. Well, that guy said to me that i am the same as Leo is?!

That guy was very angry, fearfull and extremist.

@Space

I find it odd how people "like" tough love.....they must get a "sick pleasure" out of it as Leo would say xD 

@AuroraDream Don't you dare imagine for one second that you are awake.

That's all I have to say to your arrogance.

You can bullshit others and yoursefl about your spiritual attainments, but that won't fly with me.

Namaste ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura This isn't a discussion about awakening. It's a discussion about the responsibility of handling inputs from reality, and the desire to deflect and delegate it all onto you. They clearly don't want to take responsibility in how they feel about your style, so they think you should change and accommodate to their expectations. Clearly a victim's mentality.

But I guess their point could be that some people are vulnerable and could follow you blindly with that style and it might hurt them, but the question remains: If those vulnerable people don't follow you, will they follow someone better? I doubt that. And I would say this specific discussion about your communication style doesn't really matter, because it's impossible to please everyone. You could become a care bear and you would still get criticized, or at best your message will not reach the people it is reaching now. We already have plenty of Eckharts and Adyashantis. Maybe we need more Leos.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's all I have to say to your arrogance.

You can bullshit others and yoursefl about your spiritual attainments, but that won't fly with me.

Namaste ;)

@Space

Aha!!! what hypocracy. I'm not awake, never once clamied i was awake even in the slightest. namasate to you you arrogant prick.

Really funny as f*** to hear You calling someone else arrogant.... i guess youre not really aware of your own energy.... 

You didn't even acknowledge any of my good points so that speaks volumes of your inability to discus, but rather just say what is true for someone else instead, like you alwasys do xD 

The fact that you even dare have the audacity to determine whether someone else you dont even know is awake is a complete an utter profound arrogance that is just disgusting so many ways, hats off to you man. 

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

aha ^^ and take a look at this right here guys.... lol. 

Dont you know guys? you have to wait for leo's verification of your own awakness before you can ever advance in your spiritual journey, join the waiting list.

Spiritual Ego - The Damnest Thing.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Revolutionary Think

On 7/10/2022 at 5:36 PM, Revolutionary Think said:

Hi all before I get into the meat and potatoes of this post I want to give a quick backstory on myself and how I came across this content. Growing up I was a shy kid with Aspergers born and raised in Los Angeles, CA by Jewish Iranian immigrants. The crap in my life all started when my family divorced when I was an only child. It was the most traumatic thing that happened to me and being forced to live with my grandparents in the middle of nowhere just sucked. Little by little I started noticing something about myself. One of these things is not like the other. When I hit puberty I wasn't interested in sex, drugs, going out to clubs, sports, gossip, basically being a teenager I thought it was dumb and a waste of my time. At a very young age I liked science, technology, contemplation, being the nice guy, and not getting into unnecessary fights (it may be a function of my Aspergers as well but, I don't know that for sure). I was the kid who followed the rules and wasn't very devilish. 

Despite all of this I still hated middle school because I felt the subjects I was learning were dumb and meaningless and I hated coming their because the teachers hated their jobs and always seemed to make that our problem. I hated the scolding way of being taught because I wasn't like the other students I was mature, reasonable, and didn't break the rules or even slack off. Growing up in a place like LA is the epicenter of celebrity culture and I couldn't stand celebrity gossip I thought it was the dumbest thing in the world and why people were interested in it was beyond me. In 8th grade I made a speech about why was the school so boring, why do the teachers hate their job, and why don't things change and I got a standing ovation. So I thought to myself my destiny is to be a speaker. Fast Forward to after I graduated University I found this online course (some say scam) called JumpCut Academy and I wanted to be a YouTuber who's YouTube channel got thousands or even millions of views talking about education reform. The course didn't help me much and I saw that the masses weren't interested in something like education reform they were interested in petty stupid celebrity BS or reactionary content and clout chasing.

I made a Malaysian friend who lives in Japan whose name was Jeet and he said hey you're craving for something more than the ordinary BS people are interested in have you ever heard of this YouTube channel called Actualized.org? I said no what's that? So he introduced me here. I hardly heard from him ever again after I couple of months. Then I started watching @Leo Gura's content in mid 2016. I was so happy (and I must admit I was one of those people who watched the content but, didn't do the work). The only reason for that was deep trauma that I did all the work the schooling system told me to do and didn't see anything for it in my life. 

Now here's the kicker everything @Leo Gura said about himself in the video made Yesterday about how he's going to evolve his teachings are the things that would annoy a guy like me when I watched his teachings. All the condescion, scolding, and arrogant behavior would annoy me and turn me off. It reminded me of crappy teachers I would have in the past and if you brought their behavior to their attention they'd just tell you that they've earned having this attitude which I thought was a total cop out. I wanted to tell the teachers you had a choice in teaching we don't have a choice of being students because we're madated to be here by law. 

It's also funny that I have a manager at the TV store I work in who looks kind of like Leo Bald head and a beard except his beard is a red color and not a blond color. He spends some time scolding us and judging us and not really helping us. He once spent 45 minutes scolding us because we didn't study up on a product of soundbars spent all this time talking about how he couldn't believe or behavior etc. I started thinking to my self what a schmuck you are instead of dedicating that 45 minutes to scolding us you could've spent that 45 minutes actually teaching us and encouraging us to learn more you just wasted 45 minutes of our time and your own. 

That video that Leo made on February 18th 2020 was a video I thought was in really bad taste. It had so much of that scolding, arrogant, and you'll never achieve what I'll achieve energy. I honestly didn't like it and thought Leo went off the deep end and off the rails. I really thought that maybe this is a person who's going to insult and demean us all the time and there's really no reason in following him any more if he's just going to be a jerk about his accomplishments and basically tell us it's out of our reach. UNTIL he made his video Yesterday. I said he's finally noticing all the things I've noticed about him back in 2016.

The good news is that now personally I am becoming a community leader in Twitter Spaces and people are noticing my own level of insights, my ability to moderate a room really well, and the profound complicated topics I bring up. This got me a spot on WPKN community radio called radio uninvited where it's all about bringing perspectives that are all about people in the middle who feel that they are uninvited to the Political conversation because the far left and far right have seemed to be taking over. So I'm looking forward to both my own and @Leo Gura's evolution. 

Cool you're a community leader in twitter, what is it?

7 hours ago, AuroraDream said:

@Space

Aha!!! what hypocracy. I'm not awake, never once clamied i was awake even in the slightest. namasate to you you arrogant prick.

Really funny as f*** to hear You calling someone else arrogant.... i guess youre not really aware of your own energy.... 

You didn't even acknowledge any of my good points so that speaks volumes of your inability to discus, but rather just say what is true for someone else instead, like you alwasys do xD 

The fact that you even dare have the audacity to determine whether someone else you dont even know is awake is a complete an utter profound arrogance that is just disgusting so many ways, hats off to you man. 

Nice deflection.

It's abundantly clear in your tone that you feel righteous enough to decree "truths," even if you haven't said the exact words "I am awake."

And you're so obviously bothered by being called arrogant. Perhaps because it's true?

It's Love.

23 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

It's abundantly clear in your tone that you feel righteous enough to decree "truths," even if you haven't said the exact words "I am awake."

Tell that to the guy who does that for a living xD 
I'm not awake. I'm trying to say that pursuing awakening is silly cause the levels of awakening never end and go on, so "enjoy where you are" in the present moment now was my message and dont get caught up in the attainments, cause that's what inspires competition and hierarchy without a doubt. 

23 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

And you're so obviously bothered by being called arrogant. Perhaps because it's true?

This point youre trying to make here could easily be applied to Leo also. I've Shown leo to a bunch of people I know, looked around the internet, threads, forums, talking bout him.... arrogance is one of the words i hear over, and over, and over. Maybe its leo thats bothered by it? after all, he called me arrogant which his SO funny. I've never been called arrogant in my life. 

I'm not bothered by being called that too haha. Its hilarious to me. 

When someone says strong language like "don;t you dare claim youre awake" and contstaly polices on the forums who and who isnt't awake with such blunt tone, maybe he's emotionally attatched to people claiming such a status... jealousy maybe? xD 

I am NOT awake everybody. It's great and I'm fine with it. I'm no better than you. If I know myself more than you know yourself, its all good I'm not better than you or vice versa. Just so you know. And if you never awaken in this life, all good! Nothing wrong with you! You deserve love just as much as someone who is awake! And who cares who is awake and who isnt? enjoy life! We are free to be whatever we want at any level of awakreness we want!

Edited by AuroraDream