Revolutionary Think

Leo Finally came back from the Deep End and I Couldn't be Happier

53 posts in this topic

Hi all before I get into the meat and potatoes of this post I want to give a quick backstory on myself and how I came across this content. Growing up I was a shy kid with Aspergers born and raised in Los Angeles, CA by Jewish Iranian immigrants. The crap in my life all started when my family divorced when I was an only child. It was the most traumatic thing that happened to me and being forced to live with my grandparents in the middle of nowhere just sucked. Little by little I started noticing something about myself. One of these things is not like the other. When I hit puberty I wasn't interested in sex, drugs, going out to clubs, sports, gossip, basically being a teenager I thought it was dumb and a waste of my time. At a very young age I liked science, technology, contemplation, being the nice guy, and not getting into unnecessary fights (it may be a function of my Aspergers as well but, I don't know that for sure). I was the kid who followed the rules and wasn't very devilish. 

Despite all of this I still hated middle school because I felt the subjects I was learning were dumb and meaningless and I hated coming their because the teachers hated their jobs and always seemed to make that our problem. I hated the scolding way of being taught because I wasn't like the other students I was mature, reasonable, and didn't break the rules or even slack off. Growing up in a place like LA is the epicenter of celebrity culture and I couldn't stand celebrity gossip I thought it was the dumbest thing in the world and why people were interested in it was beyond me. In 8th grade I made a speech about why was the school so boring, why do the teachers hate their job, and why don't things change and I got a standing ovation. So I thought to myself my destiny is to be a speaker. Fast Forward to after I graduated University I found this online course (some say scam) called JumpCut Academy and I wanted to be a YouTuber who's YouTube channel got thousands or even millions of views talking about education reform. The course didn't help me much and I saw that the masses weren't interested in something like education reform they were interested in petty stupid celebrity BS or reactionary content and clout chasing.

I made a Malaysian friend who lives in Japan whose name was Jeet and he said hey you're craving for something more than the ordinary BS people are interested in have you ever heard of this YouTube channel called Actualized.org? I said no what's that? So he introduced me here. I hardly heard from him ever again after I couple of months. Then I started watching @Leo Gura's content in mid 2016. I was so happy (and I must admit I was one of those people who watched the content but, didn't do the work). The only reason for that was deep trauma that I did all the work the schooling system told me to do and didn't see anything for it in my life. 

Now here's the kicker everything @Leo Gura said about himself in the video made Yesterday about how he's going to evolve his teachings are the things that would annoy a guy like me when I watched his teachings. All the condescion, scolding, and arrogant behavior would annoy me and turn me off. It reminded me of crappy teachers I would have in the past and if you brought their behavior to their attention they'd just tell you that they've earned having this attitude which I thought was a total cop out. I wanted to tell the teachers you had a choice in teaching we don't have a choice of being students because we're madated to be here by law. 

It's also funny that I have a manager at the TV store I work in who looks kind of like Leo Bald head and a beard except his beard is a red color and not a blond color. He spends some time scolding us and judging us and not really helping us. He once spent 45 minutes scolding us because we didn't study up on a product of soundbars spent all this time talking about how he couldn't believe or behavior etc. I started thinking to my self what a schmuck you are instead of dedicating that 45 minutes to scolding us you could've spent that 45 minutes actually teaching us and encouraging us to learn more you just wasted 45 minutes of our time and your own. 

That video that Leo made on February 18th 2020 was a video I thought was in really bad taste. It had so much of that scolding, arrogant, and you'll never achieve what I'll achieve energy. I honestly didn't like it and thought Leo went off the deep end and off the rails. I really thought that maybe this is a person who's going to insult and demean us all the time and there's really no reason in following him any more if he's just going to be a jerk about his accomplishments and basically tell us it's out of our reach. UNTIL he made his video Yesterday. I said he's finally noticing all the things I've noticed about him back in 2016.

The good news is that now personally I am becoming a community leader in Twitter Spaces and people are noticing my own level of insights, my ability to moderate a room really well, and the profound complicated topics I bring up. This got me a spot on WPKN community radio called radio uninvited where it's all about bringing perspectives that are all about people in the middle who feel that they are uninvited to the Political conversation because the far left and far right have seemed to be taking over. So I'm looking forward to both my own and @Leo Gura's evolution. 

Neat post.

Sorry I can't comment on Leo, the guy always seems the same to me when I watch his videos. Not much significant changes as I always get what I expect from him. Not even to say that's a bad thing or whatnot. I just find him consistent.

Anyway, I wish you much luck and growth with your leadership role. This was really a neat post.. with mentioning your background and everything.. felt like I was reading a short story. Just well structured. ?

Edited by A Fellow Lighter

On 7/10/2022 at 0:36 PM, Revolutionary Think said:

who followed the rules and wasn't very devilish. 

The only reason for that was deep trauma that I did all the work the schooling system told me to do and didn't see anything for it in my life. 

All the condescion, scolding, and arrogant behavior would annoy me and turn me off. It reminded me of crappy teachers I would have in the past and if you brought their behavior to their attention they'd just tell you that they've earned having this attitude which I thought was a total cop out. 

I honestly didn't like it and thought Leo went off the deep end and off the rails. I really thought that maybe this is a person who's going to insult and demean us all the time and there's really no reason in following him any more if he's just going to be a jerk about his accomplishments and basically tell us it's out of our reach. 

The good news is that now personally I am becoming a community leader in Twitter Spaces and people are noticing my own level of insights, my ability to moderate a room really well, and the profound complicated topics I bring up. This got me a spot on WPKN community radio called radio uninvited where it's all about bringing perspectives that are all about people in the middle who feel that they are uninvited to the Political conversation because the far left and far right have seemed to be taking over. So I'm looking forward to both my own and @Leo Gura's evolution. 

Hmmmmmm this video of his might interest you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVcxIamwO5g&t=1045s

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

8 hours ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

Anyway, I wish you much luck and growth with your leadership role. This was really a neat post.. with mentioning your background and everything.. felt like I was reading a short story. Just well structured

Thanks appreciate your support and your comments. I'll keep you updated. 

Agreed

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

My comment will probably only enforce your latter opinion on Leo, but speaking about absolute Truth-stuff is not easy. 

Imagine yourself awaken and noticing, that every "opinion" someone had about what awakening is, was completely carbage. See yourself noticing all the heavy bullshit your ego told you, what is right and wrong in this world, was nothing but a hot toxic cloud. You are shocked to the bone and disgusted by your capacity to lie to yourself. 

How do you communicate this radical shift in consciousness to others? 

If you are just nice people will never be ready for the radicalness of Truth. 

Albert Einstein could have also said: "Hey guys I know it will destroy your Newtonian non-relativistic worldview, but actually space and time might be correlated and relative. And maybe, just maybe energy and matter is correlated as well. But I can be wrong. Sorry for this inconvenience. Bye bye." 

I think you get my point. 

Radical Truth cannot pierce egoic deception if it's communicated in some "nice" way. 

notice the criticism for his criticism !! we must integrate our shadow and then we will feel compassion 

20 hours ago, Jacob Morres said:

notice the criticism for his criticism !! we must integrate our shadow and then we will feel compassion 

Nice catch I've been noticing that stuff too. 

he doesn't realize how damaging his arrogance and bluntness is/has been

1 minute ago, AuroraDream said:

Are you talking about me or @Leo Gura

@Revolutionary Think sure i can respect that. but overall i think a strict, blunt "telling people what to do energy", listen to what I say, with a very enforcing, commanding tone, and like "if you dont do this youre stupid" energy vibe that i get from most of this actualixed stuff is ultimately toxic, and thats my main point really. 

6 hours ago, AuroraDream said:

@Revolutionary Think sure i can respect that. but overall i think a strict, blunt "telling people what to do energy", listen to what I say, with a very enforcing, commanding tone, and like "if you dont do this youre stupid" energy vibe that i get from most of this actualixed stuff is ultimately toxic, and thats my main point really. 

Have you ever had an awakening? 

And if you had, did kindness and "people pleasing" - energy guided you there? 

My experience was, that the straight forward "no bullshit" vibe could destruct my delusions way better than any other method could. 

I think it's super subjective, but don't conflate egoic arrogance with a precise, no-bullshit, "deconstruction" tone. 

@Vynce I find it hilarious as it's so obvious people here are at the point of equating their self worth with their depth or degree of awakening.... lol complete opposite of spiritual. and like also quick to devalue someone elses expereince because they hadn't had an awakening or had a shallow one or something. just a new game of heiirarchy. 

3 hours ago, Vynce said:

I think it's super subjective, but don't conflate egoic arrogance with a precise, no-bullshit, "deconstruction" tone. 

haha ok no problem, i'll just overlook the glaring arrogance and bullyingh energy and see what he is point to. if only women in abusive relationships could see past the mean abuse and see what the men were really pointin to...... 

3 hours ago, AuroraDream said:

@Vynce I find it hilarious as it's so obvious people here are at the point of equating their self worth with their depth or degree of awakening.... lol complete opposite of spiritual. and like also quick to devalue someone elses expereince because they hadn't had an awakening or had a shallow one or something. just a new game of heiirarchy. 

haha ok no problem, i'll just overlook the glaring arrogance and bullyingh energy and see what he is point to. if only women in abusive relationships could see past the mean abuse and see what the men were really pointin to...... 

Sorry for my egoic outburst.

3 hours ago, AuroraDream said:

at the point of equating their self worth with their depth or degree of awakening.... lol complete opposite of spiritual. and like also quick to devalue someone elses expereince because they hadn't had an awakening or had a shallow one or something. just a new game of heiirarchy.

It's not about hierarchy, it's about ensuring you don't fool yourself into thinking you're awake when you're not.

Unfortunately standard nonduality teachings have fooled many people into thinking they are awake or understand what awakening/consciousness is. When people are fooled into thinking they've reached the top, they cannot reach the actual top. This is not about being superior, it is about fully waking up to yourself as God. That is not possible if some Buddhist convinces you that you got it. It would be like convincing a child that there is no more mathematics to learn after 5th grade, and anyone who claims there is, is just being egotistical and trying to create a new game of hierarchy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I see becoming more accepting as kind and sensitive as equalizing the validity, and I don't mean like equalizing fascism and nazism with self-help etc., but just deconstructing authority, because it brings about more diversity. If there is one leader, they can be a leader but they are still limited by the human condition and only have one perspective, whereas there are so many other perspectives that one can see.

Like even if Leo is not a therapist trained to help the mentally ill, we can work on making this forum a less stigmatized place and give the people who face issues here more platform to address this. It's not just some wokeism, it's actually like hard problem solving, caring for somebody like that. It really does help to be in an non-stigmatized place, when everywhere else is so dark.

I guess equalizing all perspectives and then through that seeing that some perspectives are just way too harmful. From my experience, even if you are not a part of some group, their ideas can influence you and shape you in your own authentic way and make you realize so many things about yourself that you perhaps assumed because you have only surrounded yourself with one type of people from birth.

17 hours ago, AuroraDream said:

Speak for yourself I like it actually. Tough Love/Masculine Love is brutal. If you don't like it then you need to integrate more of your Masculine. We relate to others how we relate to ourself. Leo relates this way because that is how he communicates to himself. Let's you know that Leo is very hard on himself and he pushes himself. He couldn't do the things he did if he was any other way.

You don't get to pick and choose what parts you wanna change about someone and still wish them to be them. Every single aspect of what you are, makes you what you are. For me Leo is perfect the way he is, I don't have to agree with him to give him the space to be himself.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Speak for yourself I like it actually. Tough Love/Masculine Love is brutal. If you don't like it then you need to integrate more of your Masculine. We relate to others how we relate to ourself. Leo relates this way because that is how he communicates to himself. Let's you know that Leo is very hard on himself and he pushes himself. He couldn't do the things he did if he was any other way.

You don't get to pick and choose what parts you wanna change about someone and still wish them to be them. Every single aspect of what you are, makes you what you are. For me Leo is perfect the way he is, I don't have to agree with him to give him the space to be himself.

Lol and here you are telling me to integrate more of my masculin. Why can't I just be myself as I am now and that be good enough? ?