Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Craigxt22

Carbs/ oatmeal

28 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Superfluo said:

sn't it HLADQ2 or HLADQ8?

It actually is! Well spotted, thanks for the correction ^_^

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Complex carbs give me long lasting energy. Fat and protein satiates. 

On 14/07/2022 at 4:18 PM, Jannes said:

I wouldn’t say that. Whole grains have quite a bit of vitamins and minerals in them especially B-vitamins. Of course veggies for example have far more nutrients per calorie but whole grains are more then just a calorie “filler“. 

Compare wholegrain nutrition Vs beef, salmon, or liver, then come back to me

42 minutes ago, Stovo said:

Compare wholegrain nutrition Vs beef, salmon, or liver, then come back to me

Dude why so emotional ?

I put 1000 calories of each into Cronometer. Yes the food you suggested is incredible nutritious but what’s the point in going above 100%? For some nutrients especially when it’s an animal source that’s actually unhealthy. You see it when it’s marked red. 
This whole grain wheat bread looks pretty nutritious to me if the goal is to reach 100% in every nutrient. Plant sources never give you the "full package“ but mix it with food from other food categories and you are good to go. 

FE1731BF-06F0-4785-968D-5E070C504663.png

7A0D9383-B1AB-4EF7-831E-7F9F7C131ED6.png

D252AA28-6F24-4A9C-BBBD-325EA6EF9E39.png

6DBB4CCF-2D51-4BE7-A947-1B77E44E9E7B.png

AB095A68-5A70-4EAF-B754-425C79B7D783.png

@Jannes The issue is the daily recommended amounts are not necessarily the optimum amounts for the best health possible. They're mostly just bare minimums. 

I'm not totally against wholegrains, I eat oats and rice regularly, the issue is when they become too big a portion of your diet that they start replacing nutritious foods like meat. 

That being said, we're all different and you should just eat whatever makes you personally feel best. 

On 30.7.2022 at 3:13 AM, Stovo said:

@Jannes The issue is the daily recommended amounts are not necessarily the optimum amounts for the best health possible. They're mostly just bare minimums. 

what is your source on that ?

On 7/10/2022 at 4:58 PM, Craigxt22 said:

I eat oats for breakfast, and sometimes before bed as they help me sleep, any idea why?

On 7/10/2022 at 6:49 PM, Michael569 said:

Relatively high Tryptophan content in oat is a possible explanation for that sleepiness

@Michael569 Pretty sure they are also high in melatonin

@Craigxt22  Also a possible insulin response?

On 7/10/2022 at 6:11 AM, Craigxt22 said:

Hi,

I notice Leo is very anti carbs, grains, bread, wheat. Does that mean eating oatmeal is bad?  

Oatmeal is great for you.  Keep you feeling fuller throughout the day too...I'm on a generally low carb diet and I still eat Oats 4 or 5 days a week as one of my carb choices.    Great with berries.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.