Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elton

Are we really diamonds in the rough or worker ants ?

7 posts in this topic

When we self actualize we often tend to believe that we have the potential to become diamonds.

But what about luck and destiny ? 

What if like the worker ants we too are ment to be where we are and remain there till we die and serve the qeen ant ??

And only a few are meant to be the qeen ants or the qeen bee ? 

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

Don't sell yourself short. Maybe you're just a worker, but if you never strive to be the queen, then you'll never know if it was possible or not.

If you are happy going to work doing the same thing for the next 40 years, with a mediocre life, mediocre relationships, and no ambition to try and improve... then by all means, keep doing what you're doing.

You create your own life through your own hands. 

Forget fate, replace that with action, principles, direct experience, integrity and life long learning. 

forget about what “others” are doing 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I believe that even the Queen ant is a worker ant.
Its our purpose to be the best version of exactly who we are at any time.
We are all parts of something bigger than ourselves, and our freedom is to deside in-which-way, and with what quality we do our tasks.

Leo mentioned in a recent video that humans are diamond in the rough.

Start measuring your life-performance by how often you listen to your heart, your personal sense of integrity, rather than what status society gives you. The latter is 100% SHIT. 

Queen/worker ant sounds too black and white. That analogy is weak 

Maybe you ain't gotta be the queen, but maybe you can be like the 2nd chain in command. Or the 3rd. Which is still great/significant progress. 

But that's not to set limiting beliefs. Queen can be possible too

Also don't like the analogy where we are serving the queen bee. I think we are living our own individual lives serving our own values to the best of our ability. I ain't serving no queen lol 

I feel like your question is also framed like... fixed vs growth mindset. Everyone has the potential to grow and get better, inherently. When you believe you don't, your mindset is in a fixed state and needs changing/healing

Edited by Jacob Morres