Raptorsin7

Jim Newman Debunked

8 posts in this topic

This guy does a good job of addressing some of the nonsense Jim Newman and other neo advaita teachers preach. I wonder why Jim Newman can't see his own delusion and how he is misleading people.

Imagine.

Hey Jim i'm suffering. "There's no you who could suffer"

5 minutes later...

Hey Jim i'm going to kill myself because i'm so miserable

This guy "bearded mystic" obiously didn't really listen or this was the only video of Jim he watched. Completely misunderstands him. Painful to watch

~ There are infinite ways to reunite that which already is one ~

I wish I could explain the flaw in neo advaita for someone some day without creating conflict and angry dabates. That would be a lot of joy for me.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

It's not God-Realization.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Nobody's allowed to say certain things else people would just start leaping to their deaths. And the unwillingness to express that obvious thing means I'm also existing with some idea of other people, otherwise I wouldn't care if 1000s of people leapt to their deaths...

During very bad severe trips with a certain theme, I did not care about consequences of other people calling the cops or ambulances. Because the "realization" made it such that it does not matter if everyone is disgusted by me, or if I end up in prison or something. At that point it does not matter whatsoever. At that point is a confrontation with something far bigger than anything, nothing matters anymore, it's sort of like a gigantic really angry parent dragging you away from your playthings which is your entire life. And you have never met it before so it is terrifying, you shriek, and wail.

I really don't understand how people are confronted with that and don't flip their top. It's so jarring and frightening.

10 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

This guy does a good job of addressing some of the nonsense Jim Newman and other neo advaita teachers preach. I wonder why Jim Newman can't see his own delusion and how he is misleading people.

Imagine.

Hey Jim i'm suffering. "There's no you who could suffer"

5 minutes later...

Hey Jim i'm going to kill myself because i'm so miserable

Neo-Advaita is a reductio ad absurdum-view on reality. Its a perspective held up as some sort of undeniable "truth". 
I dont think its healthy - most spiritual emergencies emerge from this particular line of thought. Intelligent people lose their way to relate wuith the world, such as seen with the sad downfall of Nahm - one of the prior actualized.org moderators. (context: https://imgur.com/3WKAELm)

There are healthier ways to engage with spirituality - some which include the truth of no-self but also transcend and inclunde prior stages.  
You dont want to become an adveita-bear after all:

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

There is Absolute Truth. And you are it.

Absolute Truth is not a perspective. It's not even right to think of it as nonduality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, AMTO said:

@Salvijus I’d enjoyed hearings it & I’ve no interest in debating anyone ? 

That's a lot to unpack tho. And im not a fan of venting also :D venting, drama, and triggered debates are the only times when i post on the forum usually, but im trying to go beyond that now :D

Neo advaita makes many claims it's hard to find a starting place when nobody is triggering me :D if u want, give me the best arguments of neo advaita and we can have a discussion about what flaws it has or doesn’t have one by one.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear.