Mormegil

Anyone experience with Borderline Disorder?

10 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm amusing for a long time already that my wife could suffer from borderline disorder (actually some of my friends hinted about that), since she is  showing a lot of the typical symptoms, like extreme mood changes in short periods of time, sometimes impulsive aggressive behavior (although she seems to get this more under control over time), idealizing people at times and then when they do the stlightest mistake reacting as if they had cheated or betrayed her.. stuff like that.

Does anyone have experience with this and can give some tipps how to deal with this kind of stuff in a relationship?

I already noticed it's a big help when I don't respond to her moods where she is just obviously trying to pick up a fight, cause I know it will just escalate, when I join in. So I kinda learned to stay calm and quiet and sort of "sit it out". I understand those things are nothing she is in control over and that they just come over her without really giving her the chance to control. So I don't wanna blame her for this behavior, but it is difficult of course and I'm not sure if I can stand it forever (I'm also sometimes in bad moods of course or don't have the mental energy to show enough tolerance of this).

Also obviously I don't just wanna cut her out of my life because of this, since this would be very harsh and unfair punishment. And (obviously) she also has aspects and qualities in her personality that I love about her :D

Any advice would really be appreciated, since I don't really know anyone else with this problem and I'm kinda stuck with it!

Thanks!

Edited by Mormegil

Bipolar and Borderline are not the same. Have her see a psychiatrist and get tested and diagnosed.

3 hours ago, Raze said:

Bipolar and Borderline are not the same. Have her see a psychiatrist and get tested and diagnosed.

Thanks, i mispelled that. I'm guessing it's borderline.

Yes, therapy is a must. But I'm not sure how far something like this can be cured, so I guess to a certain degree I just have to live with it. And I need to know what would be an appropriate way to respond and react to this kind of behavior.

Read “I hate you don’t leave me” and “walking on eggshells”

On 10.7.2022 at 1:05 AM, Raze said:

Read “I hate you don’t leave me” and “walking on eggshells”

Thanks, I'll check those out!

I am in a similar situation may be a little milder. She has bpd, I provide emotional support for everything and the occasional lengthy explanation for why what I said or did was misinterpreted. like you said the tricky part is keeping things together when you're not in a good mood. in those situation try to distract yourself with a hobby or a game honestly like I can't even do it if i'm doing something where my mind could wander it needs to be something that takes concentration. 

It's only going to work out if you accept her the way she is and take nothing personally. Watch the mood swings at a distance without being pulled in to it. expect it and embrace it as the beauty of her. there's nothing wrong with her or that needs to changed. their ups are stronger and their downs are stronger and they fluctuate faster. 

she's a little bundle of love on fire. :D

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

If you really love her and want to keep her in your life, then you gotta help her heal the trauma which is sourcing the BPD. If you don't do that, then mostly likely what will happen is she will end up destroying your relationship.

Check out the MedCircle YT channel. They have a lot of quality info on BPD like this:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Enticement didn't work. :D

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

On 11/07/2022 at 7:37 AM, integral said:

she's a little bundle of love on fire. :D

Haha yea that sums it up pretty well! Anyway, thank you for sharing, I wish you good luck with that situation! :)

On 11/07/2022 at 4:24 PM, Leo Gura said:

If you really love her and want to keep her in your life, then you gotta help her heal the trauma which is sourcing the BPD. If you don't do that, then mostly likely what will happen is she will end up destroying your relationship.

Check out the MedCircle YT channel. They have a lot of quality info on BPD like this:

Thank you for sharing! Yes, love is really the only way to deal with this. It'll give understanding and patience. To me it also helps when I remind myself, that she is also tolerating all of my own bullshit (I can be sometimes a challenge myself).

I suffer bpd. I know how it works. Sometimes we start conflict over nothing. 

But what we are looking for is not attack but closure. 

Be kind and communicate a shit ton. I have resources on bpd that are very helpful for dealing with a bpd girlfriend or boyfriend. 

They are here —

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson