Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Paul

Help me strategize tackling obstacles to relationships

1 post in this topic

Here are the elements I’m struggling with and some issues that are also obstacles: 

confrontation, boundaries

authority, hierarchy, power/ego

co-dependency- fantasy, expectations, obligations (people-pleasing)-energy transactions 

paranoia delusions, “trust”

I broke it into four separate elements, idk where to start and I feel overwhelmed by these issues. Sometimes I wonder who I am now.. but I’m pretty sure it’d be easy and happy for me if I could just make these obstacles disappear or diminish them; then I’d just be myself and fine tune it, get solid and consistent in it. I think that the confrontation issue can be paired with tackling the authority issue, they share some elements I think. And the same for confrontation/boundaries and codependency. But I don’t know where to start and the best resources to give a solid try to. If I had more faith I think I really would give it a try using some sort of resource or tool but right now I’m just feeling overwhelmed by them and don’t know who to turn to with this- largely due to the paranoia element.   

I do not feel like these issues can get autocorrected by going out, it’s not that kind of problem I think… I can easily talk and sometimes even identify as likable but the emotion is getting heavy now and it ruins everything. I know I can hit it off with new people but never get the chance to have meaningful relationships due to these elements I believe. I do know that I need to meet new people-better people for where I’m specifically at right now and high integrity people, that’s a thing but separate from this post-i think.. 

please help (not sure if this is the right forum)