UnbornTao

Do Psychedelics Make Me More Conscious?

48 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

None of these nondual teachers are teaching God-Realization.

Enlightenment is NOT it. You are imagining enlightenment and nonduality to keep yourself from realizing that you are God. It's a total illusion.

Why do you care about temporary states of God realisation so much? Take a pyschedlic have a temporary experience, come back to normal conciousness, whats such a big deal ?

@UnbornTao Alright

You are right, a flower probably see just like a donkey. I shouldn't project on them. I mean of course, I am the only perspective right? Solipsism. 

Regardless, I have nothing to really argue about with your response other than, the limits of language and coming up against how words are used casually, and in different contexts. You have opinions about some models, or how words are used that doesn't relate the substance of what I am saying. Ramana, yes.  The way a materialist uses the word consciousness  is different than how a Non-dual Tantric uses it. I can use the materialist use, or I can use the non-dual use.

Anyway, I think this is a waste of time ahah.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

◭"89"

On 12/7/2022 at 2:37 AM, Leo Gura said:

ou are imagining enlightenment and nonduality to keep yourself from realizing that you are God. It's a total illusion.

Isn't nonduality synonymous with God? 

God manifests itself in everything, creating the illusion of separate objects. Thus monism is the actual form of God. Isn't it? 

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

44 minutes ago, billiesimon said:

Isn't nonduality synonymous with God? 

No

God manifests itself in everything, creating the illusion of separate objects. Thus monism is the actual form of God. Isn't it? 

Yes, but you are not conscious of what God is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I finally picked up a copy of Ralston's  "The Book of  Not Knowing", and so far I haven't found anything that  I disagree with and nothing that invalidates the use of "psychedelic" medicines.   In fact, they seem complementary.  I find it puzzling why he and his followers don't apply "not knowing"  to something of which they have a limited understanding.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

I finally picked up a copy of Ralston's  "The Book of  Not Knowing", and so far I haven't found anything that  I disagree with and nothing that invalidates the use of "psychedelic" medicines.   In fact, they seem complementary.  I find it puzzling why he and his followers don't apply "not knowing"  to something of which they have a limited understanding.  

Which is why Leo has it on the book list

◭"89"

Here is an interesting model:  “spiritual cross training”.   The approach is to combine several methods in order to dissolve the ego.  That includes focused styles of meditation, self inquiry, Bhakti, psychedelics, and others. 

http://www.templeofauthenticdivinity.com/model-for

spiritual cross training.jpg

The medicines are a tool to be used in context with other practices.  They aren’t sufficient by themselves.  I practice shamanism.  The shamans have a word for those who make it up as they go:  “curioso”. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.