Clabber Girl

32 years old and a Single Woman

68 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, integral said:

@StarStruck I think your projecting your biases, that anyone over 25 in your mind is evaluated as far less attractive. This is your standard for attraction. 

No. That is the dating market. That everybody is sophisticated as you. Unfortunately. ;)

In Tate we trust

On 7/9/2022 at 3:04 PM, Clabber Girl said:

@Razard86 I agree, finding a man with those traits(ownership of words/actions, integrity, willing to work through issues) is rare. I consider my side of the room clean but not perfectly clean! I consider myself attractive(I have no problem attracting them), I am fit, I am well off financially, but like I said my social life is not the "cleanest" part of my life right now. I have made the decision to drift apart from several friendships that are no longer right for me and so my friend list is very small at the moment... My social life was really amazing when I was  younger but now with everyone getting married, people change priorities and drift apart. I would consider that aspect not great about me :S

@integral One man I have met online, work, bars, friends(when I was younger) 

Well your room doesn't need to be perfectly clean, just relatively clean. When I say room clean though finances and lifestyle is a small part. I'm mostly talking about things like abandonment issues, the need to be right, unable to assert yourself, accountability, knowing what you want in a partner/which is what you want from yourself so being the things you want in your partner.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

49 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

You also have to be realistic on what you can attract as a 32 year old woman. It won’t be the same quality man you could attract when you were 22. This is painful and many people won’t tell you this but it is the truth: a lot of women have trouble accepting this and get bitter. They want the cake and eat it too. You could still compensate your age with personality and other things but that doesn’t change what I said. That is what hot girls don’t get. She will get the best deal in her younger fertile life. Guys also have to deal with realism but it is a different kind of realism. 

Just expand your search area, there are also positives of being out of your twenties; you can read each other quicker, you both have a better idea what you want and who you are yourselves, and you can better see who the person not only truly is but who they're going to be.

29 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@Devin it is an odds game too

yea your odds pretty good but goods pretty odd tbf

Edited by gettoefl

4 hours ago, StarStruck said:

You also have to be realistic on what you can attract as a 32 year old woman. It won’t be the same quality man you could attract when you were 22.

What a bunch of bullshit. When I was 22 the quality of my relationships was at least 100 times worse. There was more quantity because there was no filter whatsoever.. nowadays I wouldn’t even spare a hello to the losers I dated. 

54 minutes ago, no_name said:

What a bunch of bullshit. When I was 22 the quality of my relationships was at least 100 times worse. There was more quantity because there was no filter whatsoever.. nowadays I wouldn’t even spare a hello to the losers I dated. 

If you have a good personality, have taken care of you, go to the gym and no traumas, if it will easy to find a good man in your 30'ies. But a lot of women in their 30'ies don't do that and they still think they look as good as if they were 22. In dating, you get what you offer. This counts for men too.

In Tate we trust