Bronsoval

Sleep Rage

9 posts in this topic

I am very angry when im asleep.  I say hurtful things and have even become violent at times.  I wake up and have no recollection of doing these things. I have worked very hard not to suppress emotions yet this horrible practice continues.  I'm beginning to think that deep down inside im a ginormous asshole.  Is there anything I can do to stop this maddness?  I'm afraid i might hurt my loved ones!

See a professional. Seriously. This is a very weird and specific issue that ordinary self-help people (read: the people on this forum) don't deal with.

You're thinking about your dreams to much.  A dream is a dream and not reality.  And you're probably thinking about being angry so much and not wanting to be that angry that it just ends up being in your dream.

Basically, just stop thinking about it and it will stop being in your dream.  Problem solved. lol

Edited by Evilwave Heddy

2 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

Dreams are still a real phenomenon though, and a communication system of the subconscious. Which you can use to resolve psychological issues, analyze and work on your projections etc. 

Most dreams come from what you think about most.  This person seems to be caught up on the thought of being angry so naturally when this person goes to sleep this person will dream about it.  Then the same thing will happen the morning after this person has this dream

Meditation is the cure. Like reality checks, being mindful and calm can be passed down into your subconcious mind. That's the only advice I can think of that would make sense and will help you with many things in life. :)

3 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

Not really, dreams come mostly from subconscious projections. You could be thinking about pizza all day and then dream about getting angry with someone you subsconsciously resent in real life, or some situation you subconsciously fear. 

But it'll be in a pizza world and it'll be a person in pizza form.  I had more to say on this but I had to take a call and lost interest.

Do you mean you experience it in dreams or you speak and act while asleep, similar to sleepwalking? 

I used to do the same thing occasionally if I went to bed drunk. I never remembered my dreams but my wife at the time would say that I was yelling really loud and thrashing around in my sleep. I no longer drink alcohol and the violent dreams stopped so there may be some chemical in your environment or emotional issues. Start a dream journal and as stated, definitely meditate and set your intention to find the root cause. Good luck! 

Edited by DJ

You said you don't remember it, soooo, you're good.

Your loved ones can just wake you up. It's ok now to wake up sleep slappers. 

Don't eat after 7. Don't drink late. Start excercising and meditating.

:)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE