r0ckyreed

If you are satisfied, you are doing it wrong

26 posts in this topic

Here’s an insight I just had on a run and it’s this. If you aren’t frustrated with yourself for being mediocre then you’re doing it wrong. If you are happy with being mediocre then you are reinforcing mediocrity in your life. The Buddha is wrong the goal is not to eliminate suffering, it is to learn how to bear it with it and use it to grow yourself to success. Think about it if you were completely happy and didn’t suffer and weren’t frustrated with being mediocre then you would be mediocre. You will become whatever you are content with. If you are satisfied with playing video games all day and don’t feel anything wrong with that, then you will never level up. 

Without suffering there could be no growth and no success. Think of any person you think is highly developed. David Goggins, Sadhguru, Alan Watts, Leo Gura, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, or whoever. The common theme is they are all not content with being mediocre. If they followed the teachings of Buddha or Christ to be satisfied with themselves, then they would have never leveled up in life. 

This comes from my personal experience. I excel at anything I really care about whether that’s tennis, trumpet, or whatever. With caring comes suffering. But suffering is good. Attachment is good. It is good to be attached to things that deeply matter such as your vision for your life. If I followed the Buddha, I would have never excelled at anything. Yes, I got mad at myself for failure, yes I suffered, but what is a good life without suffering? 

It’s counterintuitive. The good life isn’t infinite bliss, it is falling in love with life, which means to set challenges for yourself, fail, and to suffer. The good life is falling in love with suffering, not trying to get rid of it. That’s the key point. I could not be attached, not care about my results, but the fact is, you aren’t going to enjoy your life if you don’t care about it or the results.

Your life is always happening now. Fall in love with the Now always because that is where you live, but that is no excuse to not care, not plan, and not have a vision. It is paradox to be in the Now while also being a Visionary. You have to know the right balance for you to be at your 100%. If you aren’t at 100%, it is okay to not be satisfied.

Always love yourself, but never be satisfied if you aren’t living up to your fullest. That is also a paradox as well. How do I love myself if you are telling me to not be satisfied with myself for being mediocre? Because the highest love you can give yourself is your fullest creative potential. Being dissatisfied and angry is good because that is a sign that you are acknowledging some area of your life is unacceptable to you. That is good. If you are satisfied doing drugs then you will never stop doing them. Real change comes with you being real to yourself. At some point you have to admit that your poison is unacceptable.

Your highest love is to not be satisfied with everything in your life (particular that which doesn’t serve you; mediocrity), it is rather to strive to be satisfied with yourself now with a vision to be in alignment with your higher-self. 

Hope this is helpful. This was a big trap for me. It is easy to take teachings to limit your growth. The key takeaway is to allow yourself to be angry with things that don’t go your way. If you are a happy Buddha with everything, then you are signaling to the Universe that you are also okay with being mediocre. You will manifest what you accept.

Contemplate what improvement really means and entails. If I am satisfied with how fast I run, then can you see how that would hinder me from improving? Improvement requires a big change in your mentality to always strive to get better. There is no finish line.

Whatever you are satisfied with, that is what you’ll get.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

59 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Here’s an insight I just had on a run and it’s this. If you aren’t frustrated with yourself for being mediocre then you’re doing it wrong. If you are happy with being mediocre then you are reinforcing mediocrity in your life. The Buddha is wrong the goal is not to eliminate suffering, it is to learn how to bear it with it and use it to grow yourself to success. Think about it if you were completely happy and didn’t suffer and weren’t frustrated with being mediocre then you would be mediocre. You will become whatever you are content with. If you are satisfied with playing video games all day and don’t feel anything wrong with that, then you will never level up. 

Without suffering there could be no growth and no success. Think of any person you think is highly developed. David Goggins, Sadhguru, Alan Watts, Leo Gura, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, or whoever. The common theme is they are all not content with being mediocre. If they followed the teachings of Buddha or Christ to be satisfied with themselves, then they would have never leveled up in life. 

This comes from my personal experience. I excel at anything I really care about whether that’s tennis, trumpet, or whatever. With caring comes suffering. But suffering is good. Attachment is good. It is good to be attached to things that deeply matter such as your vision for your life. If I followed the Buddha, I would have never excelled at anything. Yes, I got mad at myself for failure, yes I suffered, but what is a good life without suffering? 

It’s counterintuitive. The good life isn’t infinite bliss, it is falling in love with life, which means to set challenges for yourself, fail, and to suffer. The good life is falling in love with suffering, not trying to get rid of it. That’s the key point. I could not be attached, not care about my results, but the fact is, you aren’t going to enjoy your life if you don’t care about it or the results.

Your life is always happening now. Fall in love with the Now always because that is where you live, but that is no excuse to not care, not plan, and not have a vision. It is paradox to be in the Now while also being a Visionary. You have to know the right balance for you to be at your 100%. If you aren’t at 100%, it is okay to not be satisfied.

Always love yourself, but never be satisfied if you aren’t living up to your fullest. That is also a paradox as well. How do I love myself if you are telling me to not be satisfied with myself for being mediocre? Because the highest love you can give yourself is your fullest creative potential. Being dissatisfied and angry is good because that is a sign that you are acknowledging some area of your life is unacceptable to you. That is good. If you are satisfied doing drugs then you will never stop doing them. Real change comes with you being real to yourself. At some point you have to admit that your poison is unacceptable.

Your highest love is to not be satisfied with everything in your life (particular that which doesn’t serve you; mediocrity), it is rather to strive to be satisfied with yourself now with a vision to be in alignment with your higher-self. 

Hope this is helpful. This was a big trap for me. It is easy to take teachings to limit your growth. The key takeaway is to allow yourself to be angry with things that don’t go your way. If you are a happy Buddha with everything, then you are signaling to the Universe that you are also okay with being mediocre. You will manifest what you accept.

Contemplate what improvement really means and entails. If I am satisfied with how fast I run, then can you see how that would hinder me from improving? Improvement requires a big change in your mentality to always strive to get better. There is no finish line.

Whatever you are satisfied with, that is what you’ll get.

I use to think like this....but nah I'm sorry I don't agree. 

1. Achievement ultimately means nothing. When you die you leave the way you came empty handed.

2. Life is meaningless, so that means all meanings that anyone chooses is just as valid as anyone else's.

3. All those people you mentioned while admirable will never have more value than anyone else as value is subjective. One man's trash is another man's treasures. Everything is just a perspective. 

4. I honor your perspective as it was one I use to have, now I realize that you can choose to believe or pursue whatever you want at whatever pace you want. Even mediocre is just an illusion. 

“I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer.” - Jim Carey

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

This is the most Orange insight I've ever seen on this forum.

Right up there with..

"Grab 'em by the pussy" and "No pain no gain.

Edited by thisintegrated

8 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Right up there with..

Maybe. But I resonated with it.

I've been on the rim of heaven, looking down upon the earth so to speak. So complete and happy that it almost felt unfair.

Ultimately, I didn't want it.

Perhaps for karmic or egoic reasons, each awakening only rejuvenates my desire to live out this dream more fully, with more challenge and grit.

That I once was floating around blissfully almost makes me want to puke.

From certain spiritual perspectives perhaps that is regression: but in my eyes it is progress.

tldr; I don't think growth, challenge, and a bootstrap mentality is restricted to orange.

A true tier-2 will value conflict-resolution within the dream more than stage orange ever could.

It's Love.

20 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Right up there with..

His insight is valuable. In my younger years between 15-25 years old this mindset helped me out a lot. It helped me prove my value to myself and deal with certain dark moments in my life. So its an admirable mindset to seek to achieve and if someone wants to take this path I won't fault them. I just know in the end that is not where happiness comes from, joy, bliss, etc.

The key to joy, bliss, etc, comes from within.

I'm satisfied right now in the present moment. If you aren't satisfied you are looking in the wrong direction.

I’ve often said that I wish people could realize all their dreams and wealth and fame, so that they could see that it’s not where they’re gonna find their sense of completion. Like many of you, I was concerned about going out into the world and doing something bigger than myself, until someone smarter than myself made me realize that there is nothing bigger than myself. My soul is not contained within the limits of my body, my body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul. - Jim Carey

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

22 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Maybe. But I resonated with it.

I've been on the rim of heaven, looking down upon the earth so to speak. So complete and happy that it almost felt unfair.

Ultimately, I didn't want it.

Perhaps for karmic or egoic reasons, each awakening only rejuvenates my desire to live out this dream more fully, with more challenge and grit.

That I once was floating around blissfully almost makes me want to puke.

From certain spiritual perspectives perhaps that is regression: but in my eyes it is progress.

tldr; I don't think growth, challenge, and a bootstrap mentality is restricted to orange.

A true tier-2 will value conflict-resolution within the dream more than stage orange ever could.

The whole "mediocrity is a problem. Aim higher. Be better" thing is 100% Orange.  It's an Orange rejection of Blue.

Yellow cared about progress, but with a completely different mindset.  It's not about overcoming mediocrity or personal achievement.  But about discovery, awareness, understanding, and leading.  Not leading in a "be the alpha" "be the leader" Orange BS kinda way, but in a "I'm literally the only one who can show them the way, so I will help", completely detached from any personal benefit/success this may bring.

19 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

His insight is valuable. In my younger years between 15-25 years old this mindset helped me out a lot. It helped me prove my value to myself and deal with certain dark moments in my life. So its an admirable mindset to seek to achieve and if someone wants to take this path I won't fault them. I just know in the end that is not where happiness comes from, joy, bliss, etc.

Sure, to kids/teenagers.  It's important to develop a strong and healthy ego, and everyone has to go through an arrogant phase, imo.  But we call all that stage Orange, and this is meant to be a TIer 2 forum.

19 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

I’ve often said that I wish people could realize all their dreams and wealth and fame, so that they could see that it’s not where they’re gonna find their sense of completion. Like many of you, I was concerned about going out into the world and doing something bigger than myself, until someone smarter than myself made me realize that there is nothing bigger than myself. My soul is not contained within the limits of my body, my body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul. - Jim Carey

Awesome quote.  That's actually one of my main motivations in life.  My whole personality revolves around proving to people how hard work and taking life seriously is pointless.  Everything I do is nonsensical, and contrary to the logic of sensors and most traditional people in general.  It's the most obvious thing to me, but everyone I know is in a deep struggle for no reason.  Even the Greens I know are so stressed and serious..  And the Yellows I know still largely struggle with love and going with the flow.

Edited by thisintegrated

8 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Not leading in a "be the alpha" "be the leader" Orange BS kinda way, but in a "I'm literally the only one who can show them the way, so I will help", completely detached from any personal benefit/success this may bring.

You don't actually know this. The two are more interconnected than you may think.

Even when you have an earth-shattering tier-2 insight that you want to spread for selfless reasons, you quickly realize that nobody cares or listens to you unless you show up as a dependable leader with strong, healthy tier 1 values on lock.

Being a dependable leader from the perspective of others is mostly a matter of optics. But more importantly, from your own perspective it's a matter of being able to do what you say you're going to do.

There's no escaping orange in our modern day, even from higher tiers (other than by suppression and turning it into a shadow).

If we all had a healthy drive + ability to commit to a goal and generate results, this wouldn't even be a discussion. We would forget orange and fly off to yellow and beyond.

Unfortunately, a lot of us fall apart in the face of so much responsibility. Even with tier 2 cognition many of us struggle with basic influence and personal accountability. Spiritual pursuits especially act as such a convenient bypass.

And trust me, I know better than anyone how arbitrary responsibility, influence, and accountability are in an ultimate sense. It's all a charade. But nevertheless the soul is drawn toward certain dreams, and insofar as you want to honor that affinity, responsibility, influence, and accountability become real.

As they say...

"You can't help others before you help yourself," "Don't put the cart before the horse."

Edited by RendHeaven
grammar

It's Love.

The problem with your logic is that you mention two individuals who are beloved by hundreds of millions or billions of people over two millennia after their deaths but you look to people who will be almost completely forgotten within 50 years after their deaths. 

The Buddha is known today because he found a method to true satisfaction which can be replicated which is what essentially every human being wants. He provided immense value to the world. He did far more with his lifetime than all of the people you mentioned combined. It’s also worthwhile to note that the Buddha started life with all of the things your current mindset is seeking and realized that they did not mean much. 

I do agree with your perspective though when it comes to material success and social standing. After having developed a degree of proficiency with the Buddha’s method, I can now choose when to be dissatisfied to give myself fuel to pursue normal life goals and also when to give myself immeasurable satisfaction within moments to minutes in almost any situation. 

You only seek material success because you see that as being more satisfactory than having no material success. This is wise to an extent. An enlightened life with the option of influence and freedom in the materialistic system in which we live is better than an impoverished enlightened life. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

13 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

The whole "mediocrity is a problem. Aim higher. Be better" thing is 100% Orange.  It's an Orange rejection of Blue.

Yellow cared about progress, but with a completely different mindset.  It's not about overcoming mediocrity or personal achievement.  But about discovery, awareness, understanding, and leading.  Not leading in a "be the alpha" "be the leader" Orange BS kinda way, but in a "I'm literally the only one who can show them the way, so I will help", completely detached from any personal benefit/success this may bring.

Sure, to kids/teenagers.  It's important to develop a strong and healthy ego, and everyone has to go through an arrogant phase, imo.  But we call all that stage Orange, and this is meant to be a TIer 2 forum.

Awesome quote.  That's actually one of my main motivations in life.  My whole personality revolves around proving to people how hard work and taking life seriously is pointless.  Everything I do is nonsensical, and contrary to the logic of sensors and most traditional people in general.  It's the most obvious thing to me, but everyone I know is in a deep struggle for no reason.  Even the Greens I know are so stressed and serious..  And the Yellows I know still largely struggle with love and going with the flow.

Its by design, also there are no problems. Everything is how it should be. Anytime we think something is bad or has a problem we are engaging in the same game they are. You said why is everyone so serious? Thinking something is a problem is being serious. You cannot think a problem exists and be playful and unattached. 

So notice you are doing the same thing they are doing. Now I'm not saying I have transcended selfishness I am still selfish which means I still have judgments and shadows to integrate. But yeah there is nothing wrong with this mindset, I just know where it ends....where all mindsets end....no where. Because there is no destination, no where to actually go, which is actually TRUE FREEDOM.

Edited by Razard86

15 hours ago, Razard86 said:

1. Achievement ultimately means nothing.

It’s gonna mean something to you. That is what matters. 

2. Life is meaningless, so that means all meanings that anyone chooses is just as valid as anyone else's.

I think this is a trap that even Leo warned about. Not all meanings are at equal footing. It is like saying that the Left Wing and Right Wing are both equal footing. But they are not. You can feel inside yourself and determine whether eating junk food or working out is more meaningful. They are both relative but that doesn’t mean junk food is healthy because it is relative. Life is meaningless but you living as a human if you treat it like that, then there is also no reason to breathe. I pointed this out in my Desire Contemplation post. Meaning needs to be constructed to survive in this meaningless universe. Life is meaningless which makes it infinitely meaningful because you can create whatever meaning you truly want. Life is meaningless goes full circle.

3. All those people you mentioned while admirable will never have more value than anyone else as value is subjective. One man's trash is another man's treasures. Everything is just a perspective. 

I think it is important to be careful here with understanding of relativism. Relativism doesn’t mean that everyone is on equal levels. There are degrees. For instance, Hitler was more selfish than Gandhi. Is this just my opinion? Feel inwards and be truthful to yourself. Of course, Hitler won’t introspect truthfully and he will say he is selfless. But that doesn’t mean it is true. 

Relativism doesn’t mean anything goes. It means something is only true under certain contexts and parameters. 

I realize that you can choose to believe or pursue whatever you want at whatever pace you want. Even mediocre is just an illusion. 

Sure you can but be careful what you go for. Remember, this is a post in the personal development thread so while mediocre may be an illusion at highest level, I am talking relativistically here on insights around survival. To say mediocre and success is illusion to average person would derail them not help them. 

15 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

What do you expect lol. We are talking about personal development. ;) 

And you make it seem like stage orange is a bad thing. You can’t reach the highest stages if you don’t have the basics from other stages mastered. This is a stage Orange thread and that is okay. 

Even after you awaken at Turquoise or beyond or whatever you wanna call that stage, you gotta be able to bring it back and integrate it with lower stages. Realizing you are God is one thing, but living like God is another.

The key to joy, bliss, etc, comes from within.

I'm satisfied right now in the present moment. If you aren't satisfied you are looking in the wrong direction.

That’s true. It all comes from within. What I mean by satisfaction in this particular thread is more like contentment or complacency, where you are happy where you are at and don’t care about going forward. In a way, that is a low level of satisfaction. A high level would be what I indicate above which is to maximize your creative potential and not just sit around on the couch all day. At some point you gotta put on your shoes and take them off. Balance.

I appreciate your all’s feedback and thoughts so far.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

why the heck do people come on to argue and not just present positive insights

quit with all your judgemental language - wrong false stupid deluded dumb -

the extent to which you speak these words shows how unawake you are

please understand that every person you ever encounter, speaks the absolute truth

according to their level of consciousness

work with that, not against it

5 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

The Buddha is known today because he found a method to true satisfaction which can be replicated which is what essentially every human being wants. He provided immense value to the world.

Assuming Buddha and Christ actually existed, I agree totally. My issue is that it is really easy to misunderstand the Buddha. If you interpret him as the goal being to eliminating all suffering, then you also eliminate all that is good about life as a natural consequence. That is what I was saying he was wrong about if in fact he meant it in the way I interpreted it. 

All I am saying is that I realized for myself is that it is okay to feel other emotions besides happiness. It is okay to let yourself feel frustrated when you don’t perform your best. In fact, I suggest that being happy with a poor performance in life is a reinforcer to repeat bad performances. If you are happy doing drugs, you will continue to do them, but if you are mad at yourself for doing them, that could be what you need to bring about a change in you. 

People can easily turn Buddhism into a trap where they want to let go of all their attachments, desires, and dreams, and strive to have no emotion other than happiness, contentment, and bliss. 

But the issue is that the Buddha’s teachings on attachment for instance and suffering, don’t seem to me like they apply to the majority of people today. I hear a lot of people say to me that if they followed the Buddha, they wouldn’t care, and that hit me because I realized that the reason why I studied philosophy, and why I excelled at all the things I excelled at were because I cared. I still loved myself and was loved what I did, but my perfectionism showed how much I cared about being good at the skills I cared about. Maybe this is my misunderstanding of Buddha’s teachings and if so, I guarantee I am not alone.

For instance, I do agree with Buddha about striving to live in the Now, but the thing is that if you go all the way with any teaching, it will stunt you and become a trap. Living in the Now is always a reality for you whether you are thinking about future or not. All teachings need nuance. Meditation is good, but like I said, at some point you gotta get off the mat and learn how to meditate when you are in the moment of suffering. Suffering is eliminated not by avoiding it and emotional fakery and toxic positivity, but it is rather “eliminated” when you no longer perceive suffering as suffering.

That is my take on it at this point anyways. I appreciate your all’s thoughts and feedback so far.

Edited by r0ckyreed

25 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

why the heck do people come on to argue and not just present positive insights

If you want something to happen, you gotta model it yourself. What is your positive insight without coming on here just to argue or judge?

Edited by r0ckyreed

13 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

If you want something to happen, you gotta model it yourself. What is your positive insight without coming on here just to argue or judge?

you are right, i did have a word to contribute, but the toxicity led me to try and right the ship

i believe what i wrote is important to state

(since you ask gist of the insight i have is that suffering is but the peeling away of this me sitting here and so is all for the good.)

8 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

you are right, i did have a word to contribute, but the toxicity led me to try and right the ship

respect

It's Love.

20 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

You don't actually know this. The two are more interconnected than you may think.

Even when you have an earth-shattering tier-2 insight that you want to spread for selfless reasons, you quickly realize that nobody cares or listens to you unless you show up as a dependable leader with strong, healthy tier 1 values on lock.

Being a dependable leader from the perspective of others is mostly a matter of optics. But more importantly, from your own perspective it's a matter of being able to do what you say you're going to do.

There's no escaping orange in our modern day, even from higher tiers (other than by suppression and turning it into a shadow).

If we all had a healthy drive + ability to commit to a goal and generate results, this wouldn't even be a discussion. We would forget orange and fly off to yellow and beyond.

Unfortunately, a lot of us fall apart in the face of so much responsibility. Even with tier 2 cognition many of us struggle with basic influence and personal accountability. Spiritual pursuits especially act as such a convenient bypass.

And trust me, I know better than anyone how arbitrary responsibility, influence, and accountability are in an ultimate sense. It's all a charade. But nevertheless the soul is drawn toward certain dreams, and insofar as you want to honor that affinity, responsibility, influence, and accountability become real.

As they say...

"You can't help others before you help yourself," "Don't put the cart before the horse."

Orange is survival-based.  Survival in terms of status, money, etc.

Yellow is not.

Yellows may often have some Orange still left to work out, but Yellow, by itself, isn't focused on its own survival.

An Orange musician would figure out what kind of music is most popular and would make him the most money to work on.

A Yellow musician would just want to explore music, understand how it works, experiment with new techniques, and make music that maybe doesn't even have an audience yet.  Money/success isn't even part of the picture.  If it's not viable, then the Yellow will just intuitively know this.

It's really very simple.  When someone is secure, they naturally stop worrying about gaining security.  Such people really do exist.  Tier 2s.

True satisfaction only comes through being The Self. Then if you choose to, you can grow yourself to be more capable of whatever you want. Your insight sounds like a very twisted way of motivating yourself to me. Why not grow out of love for something and at the same time always be satisfied?

As mentioned above this insight is very orange. And that’s cool. Other people at a similar level of development will read this and resonate deeply with it. I certainly used to think this way too.

Now days I’m still hyper productive & consciously pursue suffering/adversity. I still have solid work ethic but my motives have changed. 

Now I strive for authentic self expression, beauty, creativity, aestheticism and self mastery.

I no longer am running away from mediocrity but rather run towards excellence.

The stage orange approach is…

“beat my inner bitch”

”fuck average”

”it’s never enough”

”first or last”

“no pain no gain”

Etc.

Its very harsh and lacks the softening & compassion that you gain through stage green.

Again, nothing wrong with a stage orange approach. I have a special place in my heart for the stage orange value system. It’s simply important to accurate assess where you are.

Keep slaying shit my dude.

Stay hard.

The game of survival cannot be won. 

On 7/6/2022 at 6:04 PM, r0ckyreed said:

Without suffering there could be no growth and no success. 

Without suffering I would have unified relativity and quantum mechanics by now. 

One way to synthesize the two outlooks of stay discontent (or improvement) and be content (or acceptance) is to acknowledge and improve imperfection while letting go of suffering and appreciating enjoyment, basically to practice both

To embody the improvement aspect, you acknowledge the discontent in your experience not because you force yourself to be discontent, but because there always exists imperfection. Whether its imperfection in the level of your state of consciousness (which can go infinitely high), an imperfection in the level of your fulfillment (which can go infinitely high) or imperfection in the level of your pleasure (which can go infinitely high). Unless you have absolutely everything you want, meaning you're, at minimum, living in beyond infinite perfect bliss, then you aren't even at level 0 in the infinite race, and there exists imperfection for you. Even if you reach relative, total, complete perfection, you aren't at absolutely infinite perfection. That would be like getting a 100% on an exam, while you still have infinite more exams, courses, and degrees to go. The grade is always incomplete in this university of perfection. So continuously advance in your never-ending journey toward perfection.

To embody the acceptance aspect, you let go of suffering in your experience, and appreciate enjoyment in your experience. You don't force yourself to be unhappy due to the present suffering existing and absent enjoyment, but you make best with what you got, the value already in your experience. Without letting go of suffering, you are needlessly perpetuating your own pain. Without appreciating enjoyment, you are needlessly letting your pleasure go to waste. You let go and appreciate, suffering and enjoyment, respectively.