Razard86

Rupert Spira has an interesting Metaphor

8 posts in this topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIZfqWAPrHg

Now I had a near death experience (not like how most other NDE's mine was basically a loose attachment to my body) which the result lasted for 2 weeks. That along with a kundalini awakening showed me that your true nature in the present is Blissful. But now that my attachment to my body has become strong again (what we would consider normal existence) when I focus on the now I feel peace,  but the blissful feeling that is naturally generated is no longer felt. Now I can think or focus on loving thoughts and gratitude and feel momentary bliss, but my prior experience was that my natural feeling without those actions was blissful.

So while I hear what Spira is saying, most people aren't looking for that peace, they want that bliss. The only way it seems to me to attain that as a natural state is to clear through your traumas, so the blockages in the body can open up and you can attain that state as a default state. Until then....you will only feel peace. Peace isn't bad but it doesn't compare to bliss.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Bliss happens as a result of releasing resistance (e.g. dropping attachments and clearing trauma), and peace is when you stabilize in that state. So peace is inherently blissful, but only compared to a non-peaceful state (experiences are experienced through contrast).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:30 PM, Razard86 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIZfqWAPrHg

Now I had a near death experience (not like how most other NDE's mine was basically a loose attachment to my body) which the result lasted for 2 weeks. That along with a kundalini awakening showed me that your true nature in the present is Blissful. But now that my attachment to my body has become strong again (what we would consider normal existence) when I focus on the now I feel peace,  but the blissful feeling that is naturally generated is no longer felt. Now I can think or focus on loving thoughts and gratitude and feel momentary bliss, but my prior experience was that my natural feeling without those actions was blissful.

So while I hear what Spira is saying, most people aren't looking for that peace, they want that bliss. The only way it seems to me to attain that as a natural state is to clear through your traumas, so the blockages in the body can open up and you can attain that state as a default state. Until then....you will only feel peace. Peace isn't bad but it doesn't compare to bliss.

To clear your traumas-yes... and to retain 4 your sins... confess them, apologize, repair the damage if possible... no need to be religious (but yes we could), I think sins like traumas are blocked energies, and the way to release them from your conscience is as described... many sins are basically also just lies, so not the truth, to be in peace and bliss you need brutal honesty and truth...

If the bliss you discovered is transitory, it is not the bliss Rupert is talking about when he describes our true nature as bliss. Any blissful feelings, mind states, or anything related to perception/experience/qualia is not our true nature. 

Yet what you’re describing is certainly possible as a default *state* through rigorous practice, but don’t confuse this with your true nature. 

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

If the bliss you discovered is transitory, it is not the bliss Rupert is talking about when he describes our true nature as bliss. Any blissful feelings, mind states, or anything related to perception/experience/qualia is not our true nature. 

Yet what you’re describing is certainly possible as a default *state* through rigorous practice, but don’t confuse this with your true nature. 

Do you see it as equally true that fundamentally our "true nature" is also all blissful feelings, mind states and everything related to perception/experience/qualia? 

I see how the feeling of bliss is not the same as recognizing ones true nature, but fundamentally it seems to me that all those feelings are appearances in and as true nature.

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

2 hours ago, Consilience said:

Its interesting how you just said some stuff that didn't pertain to what I said. I see alot of this on the forums.

Again when my attachment was loosed from my body, my natural state was bliss, esctasy, overwhelming. It was non-stop, in fact it started to become painful and too much. As my attachment started to tighten back to my body, because my body had healed I lost access to this state. I was in this state for 2 weeks. So it wasn't transitory and what it showed was the body blocks you from your natural state of blissful awareness. 

This bliss is orgasmic as well and it never stops. It just keeps going. But you didn't notice that...because you didn't read to comprehend and just read to respond. So you responded...to what wasn't there. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86 Maybe I misinterpreted what you were describing but if the bliss is gone now, or if the bliss was a qualitative experience in any way shape or form, it’s not your true nature. And your true nature was what you were talking about. 

8 hours ago, TheAlchemist said:

Do you see it as equally true that fundamentally our "true nature" is also all blissful feelings, mind states and everything related to perception/experience/qualia? 

I see how the feeling of bliss is not the same as recognizing ones true nature, but fundamentally it seems to me that all those feelings are appearances in and as true nature.

Yes for sure, in the same way our true nature is excruciating pain and torment. 

“fundamentally it seems to me that all those feelings are appearances in and as true nature.”

Yes exactly. And noticing their nature is crucial to breaking through into that which never changes yet could only be described as truly infinite.