Cykaaaa

Your Childhood Cartoons

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Since Leo posted on the blog a cartoon from his childhood, let's have a thread with YOUR childhood cartoons!

Look deep within your memory! Maybe help yourself with Google (search "childhood cartoons" and go through google images). Without Google, I wouldn't have recalled over half of them!

Here are my childhood cartoons:

Nu, Pogodi! --> the one Leo posted on his blog. LOL, watching it was such a surreal experience. I remember the tune from the start of the episodes so distinctly :D Also at 2:05:09 is the episode I remember most. I was scared shitless of that robot (2:08:45)!

Popeye --> THIS has aged well. Good shit.

Eat your spinach kids!

Duck Tales --> I also read many comics with these characters :) 

Also: The Hydronauts, Phineas and Ferb (I was obsessed with it!! and it has sooo many good jokes that me laugh to this day), Looney Tunes, Thomas the Train. Later on I also watched Adventure Time, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Fairy Oddparents and Spongebob.

Sometimes I have small flashbacks from these cartoons, they're still a part of my mind to some degree. I'm glad I reminded myself of them :D

So, what cartoons were YOU watching?

Edited by Cykaaaa

You don't have to like everyone. You just have to love them.

This account is no longer active. New account is @Sincerity

Pendleton Ward the creator of adventure time has taken quite a few psychedelics. I love that clip.

SpongeBob. One of the rare cases where the German voice acting was better than the original. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

Used to watch the "Nu pogodi" one too. In our language it sounds close to "Zajak, ne pogodi" which would mean something along the lines " you missed the rabbit", or "rabbit, you missed"

Even to this day my dad sometimes cracks a joke about it, especially relating to our previous prime minister Zaev, a name reminding him of a Zajak-Rabbit.

I’m pretty young, early 20s, so I grew up watching SpongeBob, the regular show, and when I was a toddler, max and ruby

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

Posted (edited)

The Thundercats was the bomb for me. I couldn’t get enough of it. That’s the original from the 80’s. I rewatched it again when I was older just for nostalgic sake. And I still enjoyed it. I was quite surprised rewatching when older and notice that at the end of each episode there was piece of wisdom to be taken from the storyline of each episode which they would highlight at in an end of episode conversation between the characters. As if used to in-still good values in the child watching. I was quite amazed seeing the show as an adult in a different light and realised just how many of my adult values may have been instilled in me just by being so obsessed with the program without me even realising this was the case. It was quite an eye opener tbh

Edited by Dazgwny

This was the shit back in the day.

"We all must be, and can only be, a light unto ourselves."

Nice posts, all! :) Hope u reconnected a bit with your childhood memories.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:59 PM, Cthulu said:

Pendleton Ward the creator of adventure time has taken quite a few psychedelics. I love that clip.

Haha, I'm not surprised he has! 

On 7/13/2022 at 10:57 AM, Yog said:

Used to watch the "Nu pogodi" one too. In our language it sounds close to "Zajak, ne pogodi" which would mean something along the lines " you missed the rabbit", or "rabbit, you missed"

Even to this day my dad sometimes cracks a joke about it, especially relating to our previous prime minister Zaev, a name reminding him of a Zajak-Rabbit.

Hahaha. In my language it means "rabbit, I will show you".

On 7/26/2022 at 0:19 PM, Dazgwny said:

The Thundercats was the bomb for me. I couldn’t get enough of it. That’s the original from the 80’s. I rewatched it again when I was older just for nostalgic sake. And I still enjoyed it. I was quite surprised rewatching when older and notice that at the end of each episode there was piece of wisdom to be taken from the storyline of each episode which they would highlight at in an end of episode conversation between the characters. As if used to in-still good values in the child watching. I was quite amazed seeing the show as an adult in a different light and realised just how many of my adult values may have been instilled in me just by being so obsessed with the program without me even realising this was the case. It was quite an eye opener tbh

Wow. That's great!

If I had kids, I'd really want them to watch cartoons like these, with nuggets of wisdom in them. Although I probably couldn't force it on them (and shouldn't, for that matter).

You don't have to like everyone. You just have to love them.

This account is no longer active. New account is @Sincerity

Posted (edited)

Here's my list:

Yu Gi Oh!

Digimon.

Pokemon.

Transformers.

Bay Blade.

The Simpsons.

Power Puff Girls.

Sailor Moon.

Naruto

The anime that had the Dragon and Phoenix. 

Berserk, the 1990's anime.

Edited by Danioover9000

Looney Tunes, Ninja Turtles, Pokemon.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Simpler times :x La Linea is the first thing I think of. 

https://youtu.be/MBCPgQxlrD4

Woody Woodpecker and Flintstones also comes to mind, but less characteristic, and less memorable.