SQAAD

Jordan Peterson is a Cancer for The Human Mind

28 posts in this topic

I hate that i see this old man everywhere on my youtube feed even though i try to avoid watching his  content like the plague. I know what he is all about by now. I don't need his advice.

The energy he exudes is kinda funny and neurotic. I can't describe it. But you can clearly see a neurotic not very high consciousness coming from this guy. He is stuck in some sort of mechanical very predictable pattern in his minda, hard to explain.

The videos below are just a good demonstration of the ridiculous nature of his content. Stupid & unexperienced people take him very seriously like he is some philosopher of a great capacity and give him all their authority.

People act like he is some great revolutionary thinker that will push humanity ahead, meanwhile he got famous because of conflict and drama, and heavily capitalized on that to make a forture by spreading an ideology to 20year old males.

The old man acts like he knows how to suffer through life even though he was addicted on medications. He gives advice on how to suffer through life, meanwhile he himself can't cope with life and needs medications.This is funny. He is full of crap and i am tired of this culture shoving him to my throat everyday

Just because someone is a professor doesn't tell you much about how full of crap they are. There are greater thinkers than this guy who are not even academics.

He is a cancer for the human and this current culture. His content does more harm than good in my opinion. It promotes bigotry in a more intellectual sneaky scientific way. It creates division and separation. 

Edited by SQAAD

Do you not see the irony of making this claim while posting Vegan Gains, someone who has made fun of people for contracting cancer, recorded his grandfather dying for YouTube views, made fun of people for getting raped, and threatened to murder children?

When you see a video you don't like on Youtube, mouse over it until the 3 dots appear and then pick either "Not Interested" or "Don't Recommend Channel" and your algorithm will get fixed up pretty quick.

Its so interesting to see how so many people, even around here get triggered by his vibe and end up with a personal anti character thing. After what ofc, they wont care or register the content of what he is saying, its just his vibe that kills them and clouds everything.

The problem comes when you take your perception of "this vibe of his" for granted and make it your first "go to" thing. What are you assuming about this internet professor guy ? Shouldn't this be your main question ? Why can't you listen to him just as you can to Leo. After all, maybe 70% of what they are talking about matches up.

Idk, the guy is a bit of eccentric and neurotic, I give you that. But how much of that comes from his physical illness and of how does it influence him, you and me can only guess. After having watched so much of his lectures and talks, it looks to me that he is in constant physical pain from his physical illness (thence the medication and the food thing) that at times he finds it hard to keep it together and lashes out and does stupid shit, he even said that himself at few occasions.

He, as everyone else, does too have some inner turmoil, unrelated to that. I am not even excluding that, just pointing out few other things I've seen. But I see too many assumptions flying around, people passionately projecting  and building up this fictional JP caricature character. I get that too, but I get it less when it happens on a personal development forum.

tbh this whole thing of "anti the character of JP" looks quite worse to me than what Rational Whiki is doing with Leo.

10 minutes ago, Yog said:

tbh this whole thing of "anti the character of JP" looks quite worse to me than what Rational Whiki is doing with Leo.

What's Rational Whiki?

Also yeah what the thread creator doesn't realize is demonizing someone....is low conscious behavior. So you kinda can't call someone low conscious then proceed to demonize them. Jordan Peterson has done a lot of good for the world, and he has some good points. All that is happening lately is his shadow is being revealed publicly. We can all learn from this, as each person's shadow that gets revealed is a lesson for us about our own shadows.

Until we integrate everyone of our shadows we will always get emotionally triggered. So if anyone is getting anoyyed at something he says...then he is revealing your shadow. You should thank him for revealing the inner work you have left to do cause them shadows be hiding like ninjas sometimes. Of course there are only hidden because we refuse to look at certain aspects of ourselves but hey inner work takes time.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

JP can help save people from New Age brain rot (naive skepticism), which is quite needed on this forum.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Then why are you allowing him to occupy space in your mind?

Unless you get a sick pleasure out of it ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@SQAAD He just has a stage blue view of the world. Don't  demonize, Accept and understand.

Jordan Peterson’s core area of competence is clinical psychology.  However, his lectures are all based on Jungian psychology, which the mainstream empirically driven psychology of his own field considers irrelevant.  He became famous by filling a niche in the culture wars.   He comes across to me as being someone who is deeply unhappy and full of repressed rage.  His vast clinical knowledge doesn’t help his own situation.  The takeaway for me is that Western psychotherapy is impotent (something I already figured out for myself) and it is best to look elsewhere for answers. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

10 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

The takeaway for me is that Western psychotherapy is impotent

You can't solve an existential problem with psychology.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can't solve an existential problem with psychology.

Kinda. One of my professors who teaches psychology of religion has a background in clinical psychology, and his work has revolved around how to address religiosity, spirituality and existential questions in psychotherapy. While therapy doesn't solve existential questions (you can argue it doesn't solve anything), there are ways to facilitate such matters in therapy.

@Razard86 Rational Wiki. There's an article there about Leo. If you want, check it out for fun.

1 hour ago, UnbornTao said:

@Razard86 Rational Wiki. There's an article there about Leo. If you want, check it out for fun.

Thanks for the information. I'll check it out.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

2 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

I just read it. It reads more like satire than an actual critical analysis. I mean he even referred to Eckhart Tolle as "garden gnome man." So yeah its a fun read, not to be taken seriously but entertaining nonetheless at his crazy conclusions and analysis.

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

I just read it. It reads more like satire than an actual critical analysis. I mean he even referred to Eckhart Tolle as "garden gnome man." So yeah its a fun read, not to be taken seriously but entertaining nonetheless at his crazy conclusions and analysis.

Everything that the lizards over at RationalWiki write reads like satire xD

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Everything that the lizards over at RationalWiki write reads like satire xD

Yea there is no way the people there don't look exactly like the fedora tipping neckbeard meme, except they seem a lot more bitter.

hrhrhtewgfegege

You know how Leo says you can criticize something from above it or below it?

Well this is a critique from below.

JP has obvious flaws to himself (for example his blatant transphobia) but his “energy” is not one of them.

It seems like you have some stage blue shadows to integrate… which JP could help you with quite nicely ;) 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

I don't think Jordan is all bad. He's  a psychologist that's helped people. He sometimes offers decent advice to people who are struggling.

Many people have stated he's saved them from suicide.

He's a human being remember.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone at him.

7 hours ago, King Merk said:

JP has obvious flaws to himself (for example his blatant transphobia) but his “energy” is not one of them.

His energy is a dead giveaway of his level of consciousness. His energy is bitter, fearful, and neurotic.

A conscious being does not give off such a dark vibe. He is clearly tormented inside and he will spread his torment to you if you're not careful.

He's alright I guess, I don't listen to him much these days. I feel like that's where people start in this work, with mainstream guys like JP. I don't like his victim mindset content, shit like "If you don't have a dad, you're 60% less likely to be successful at everything" literally implying that someone without a dad is half as capable as someone with a dad, or "Success scales with IQ" etc...