Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndylizedAAY

Contemplation Problem

7 posts in this topic

So Leo recently posted a video on being more descisive and I am given questions to contemplate on. How do I know how long to focus on one question before moving on to the next one? I need to learn when to do this especially when it comes to Teal Swan's 100 questions. There might also need other "homework assignments" that I found really difficult and need to be decisive with where to start. Can you please give me some advice on that?

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I wanted to explain more about Leo's assignments.

It depends on how long you're able to focus. Start with what you're feel comfortable, set a timer, then push yourself a little longer. It's like meditation. 20min is basic, 30min is good, and the juice comes between 30-60min.

It also depends on the question you're contemplating. Use your intuition to get a feel for when you got the most out of the question. 

Leo has a video on How to Contemplate Using a Journal

@Waves I know that I should have troubleshooted this a while ago but I tried setting up the ultimate commonplace book but the app just frooze. Would I have better contemplation sessions if I fixed this problem? https://youtu.be/0wNk25KEBpw

I do however have a system with taking notes.

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I want to show the depth of the problem accurately.

5 minutes ago, Waves said:

It depends on how long you're able to focus. Start with what you're feel comfortable, set a timer, then push yourself a little longer.

@WavesI think that focusing on spirituality in general would not be the same as focusing on the practices. Leo makes really long videos and taking a break after the video(s) would sometimes backfire and I end up not doing the practices. I would say that these types of concentration can affect each other just like peak experiences and the baseline level of consciousness when it comes to phychadelics but I don't know if this would be analogous to that or not. Anyways, how do I make sure that this does not backfire? Will waking up earlier help with that? If so, how do I be more disciplined in the morning?

@JoeVolcano

6 minutes ago, JoeVolcano said:

I wouldn't take it as an assignment. It's not some compartmentalized exercise, this is your life that you're talking about, and thinking about decisions is just part of going through life.

Yes, Leo was talking about my life in general but there are still questions that I need to answer. With meditation, I just do so for an hour but with contemplation and with many questions at once, it will be trickier with setting a timer properly with each one. With a timer, I'm also thinking about it ringing instead of focusing on the question(s), what do I do about that?

17 hours ago, AndylizedAAY said:

Would I have better contemplation sessions if I fixed this problem?

You don't need a commonplace book to contemplate. Just sit down with pen and paper, no distractions, and focus on the question. Leo explains it in the video I linked. You can then transcribe the insights you had in your commonplace book or where you keep notes. The benefit is also in getting your mind to go through the process of deriving the answer.

17 hours ago, AndylizedAAY said:

how do I make sure that this does not backfire?

It's not clear to me what you're worried about. I feel you're overthinking all of this and having a lot of "shoulds". You don't need to do all questions one after the other, you don't need to have perfect concentration or circumstances to contemplate, you don't need to do anything. Have you actually tried sitting down and contemplating? Start small if it seems daunting. Start with just one question. But start.