Verg0

Deciding on a meditation technique

6 posts in this topic

I feel like I´ve reached a plateau in my meditation and I know that it is because I haven´t commited to one specific technique to go deeper. 

But I find it hard to make a decision and commit to one, cause many resonate and I see the potential of them. But I feel now is the time to commit to one for a longer period of time.

So what´s your favourite meditation technique? 

Zazen, Passage Meditation, Mantras, Breathing, Mindfulness, Satisfaction Meditation, I AM- Meditation, Neti-Neti, Loving Kindness Meditation, etc. 

You got any tips on how to decide for one? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Which one do you enjoy most? Pick that one. 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

certainly do all the kind of fun meditation techniques

but only commit to one daily practice

that is abiding in awareness

also called do nothing

but meditation isn't a technique

it's not letting the mind run the show since the mind has never had your best interests at heart

its agenda is to be the top dog your agenda is to be the one god (which you always were anyway)

I also have been pondering this. Right now my “practice” is to just sit there and breathe. I don’t focus on much and do try to change anything. I don’t know it’s super relaxing 

I have been doing mantra meditation for a while but am interested in learning about my emotions and chakras so I will just put my awareness on body sensations as long as it takes to know them enough to be satisfied. Just pick one that is interesting to you and try to stick with it until something else really seems compelling for you to do.