Devin

I don't understand the "Remember 9-11"

18 posts in this topic

Aren't you doing exactly what the terrorists wanted? By "remembering"? 

I try to even look at it from the Midwestern traditional viewpoint, what's their point? Remember to hate Muslims? Remember those that died? Why? Remember that our troops don't keep us safe?  The firefighters and cops that went in was honorable, but there's been far greater acts than that that we don't celebrate. The people only took back one of the three planes. I don't see that day as a win.

What's the rationale given?

Edited by Devin
Clarity

As a non American their entire reaction to it seems weird. 

They act like 10 million people died. 

Idn why. 

16 hours ago, Devin said:

What's the rationale given?

We thought US could not be hurt.

They proved us that it can.

Now we will do anything in our power to make this not happen ever again.

Meaning, we get to frame anything we want as "national security" problem.

1 hour ago, Yog said:

We thought US could not be hurt.

They proved us that it can.

Now we will do anything in our power to make this not happen ever again.

Meaning, we get to frame anything we want as "national security" problem.

The only thing you could do to accomplish that is kill yourself, is that the idea behind the covid response?

I'm American by the way, I think/hope you're being sarcastic, although I think you're right about their rationale, I just wanted to see if there was any legitimate reasoning. 

14 hours ago, P Michael said:

As a non American their entire reaction to it seems weird. 

They act like 10 million people died. 

Idn why. 

I don't find it weird myself.

Its the worst terrorist attack on a western nation in decades, and, to my understanding, by a long way. I actually don't know another terrorist attack that comes anywhere close in terms of magnitude.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

51 minutes ago, Ulax said:

I don't find it weird myself.

Its the worst terrorist attack on a western nation in decades, and, to my understanding, by a long way. I actually don't know another terrorist attack that comes anywhere close in terms of magnitude.

So I could see it be used for positive reasons; remember that hate is a cancer, remember the world needs more love

But I've never really seen it used that way; it's more the opposite, it's more spreading hate, rage, and fear.

Is your experience with it different?

Edited by Devin

Same I don't find it weird also it's insane how a terrorist organisation can do that, even if you dig up the history and correct human error from all sides possible. Injustices etc. 

That a small group of people can attack a large first world nation in that sense and cause damage is insane. Also that the nation feels threatend to such extent of it's power that it declares it as a tragey. From any stragic point possible they had to take measures and that alone is quiet insane. Seeing how terrorism sort of becomes more normalized for individuals is also not good. Like mass shootings, mass hit and runs or random attacks with acid, nail bombs etc. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Day

They keep changing laws apparently also when it is and is not. I don't think this has anything to do with Muslims and I bet most would agree with that. I would also never associated the attack with a religon more as an act of power to gain power. As any religion this organsiation used was only a means to gain power and cause damage, threats etc.

I think ressources are spent better on peoples growth instead of killing them.

Any rage, hate, fear used against muslims in association with 9-11 is absolute horseshit. I don't understand how people could ever relate the two and make it the main culprit.

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

3 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Same I don't find it weird also it's insane how a terrorist organisation can do that, even if you dig up the history and correct human error from all sides possible. Injustices etc. 

That a small group of people can attack a large first world nation in that sense and cause damage is insane. Also that the nation feels threatend to such extent of it's power that it declares it as a tragey. From any stragic point possible they had to take measures and that alone is quiet insane. Seeing how terrorism sort of becomes more normalized for individuals is also not good. Like mass shootings, mass hit and runs or random attacks with acid, nail bombs etc. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Day

They keep changing laws apparently also when it is and is not. I don't think this has anything to do with Muslims and I bet most would agree with that. I would also never associated the attack with a religon more as an act of power to gain power. As any religion this organsiation used was only a means to gain power and cause damage, threats etc.

I think ressources are spent better on peoples growth instead of killing them.

Any rage,hate,fear used against muslims in association with 9-11 is absolute horseshit. I don't understand how people could ever relate the two and make it the main culprit.

I don't think it would be all to challenging to kill even more people, even today after all the new security protocols

The only difference i see with them and other terrorists is their preparation, most are just more impatient.

Especially since Metropolises are on the coasts, you could just buy some large planes and legitimately register them, easily flying them into more buildings

There are many more ways I could post but they probably don't want me posting them.

I don't think you can protect yourself/country from being murdered, there's always a way so long as you're alive. you build a concrete dome; you're just trapping yourself in to be gassed.

1 minute ago, Devin said:

I don't think it would be all to challenging to kill even more people, even today after all the new security protocols

The only difference i see with them and other terrorists is their preparation, most are just more impatient.

Especially since Metropolises are on the coasts, you could just buy some large planes and legitimately register them, easily flying them into more buildings

There are many more ways I could post but they probably don't want me posting them.

I don't think you can protect yourself/country from being murdered, there's always a way so long as you're alive. you build a concrete dome; you're just trapping yourself in to be gassed.

Dude I reckon that's actually a lot harder to do than you think.

Be-Do-Have

15 minutes ago, Ulax said:

Dude I reckon that's actually a lot harder to do than you think.

If someone is going to give/dedicate their lives to something, I don't think "hard" is a limiting factor

Edited by Devin

15 minutes ago, Devin said:

If someone is going to give/dedicate their lives to something, I don't think "hard" is a limiting factor

Why?

Be-Do-Have

15 minutes ago, Ulax said:

Why?

most lives last long enough that if you're that dedicated to something, you can do things that many see as even impossible, let alone hard

@Devin That is why you have an army and in general military defence for a state/country. 

I don't know what the security protocols entails.

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

35 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

@Devin That is why you have an army and in general military defence for a state/country. 

I don't know what the security protocols entails.

You can obviously try to protect yourself/country, but there is always a way you are vulnerable, unless you're dead

It's like the "Boston Strong" phrase from after the marathon bombing. It's a statement of camaraderie over a shared event of national history, like watching thousands of people get murdered on live TV.

4 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

It's like the "Boston Strong" phrase from after the marathon bombing. It's a statement of camaraderie over a shared event of national history, like watching thousands of people get murdered on live TV.

Yeah, but the "remember" or "never forget"  part just goes over my head, it just sounds like a call for revenge, I'm wondering if I'm overlooking something, is it a decent sentiment?

Edited by Devin