Jannes

Protein powder without heavy metals

48 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jannes said:

I don’t have good experience with spirulina. It think it is good at solving all kinds of toxins from your body but it doesn’t take it out so these toxins do even more damage to your body. 

They don't do any of that. They are just plant protein with lots of vitamins and nutrients. Here is the nutritional  profile for spirulina for example 

dfe8928f8d014b1fcf4fc7f0b54a0a9e.gif

3 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

They don't do any of that. They are just plant protein with lots of vitamins and nutrients. Here is the nutritional  profile for spirulina for example 

Are you sure ? There are so many detox articles talking about spirulina. And as a personal experience I always got bitter lips from consuming it which might be because of it. Leo talked in his how to detoxify yourself from heavy metal video about not taking spirulina while doing his strict detox programm because it might intervene.

But let’s say it’s just food. How do you consume it ? I imagine it would be hard to eat more then let’s say 5g of powder in your smoothie. And that’s like 3-4g of protein which is nothing really. 

36 minutes ago, Jannes said:

But let’s say it’s just food. How do you consume it ? I imagine it would be hard to eat more then let’s say 5g of powder in your smoothie. And that’s like 3-4g of protein which is nothing really.

I didn't try yet to be honest. Yeah maybe it will be too disgusting to eat ? 

19 hours ago, Jannes said:

I live in Germany so I would need to buy these online. Body Fortress seems really expensive and Pure Protein I can’t find. Do you know how expensive they are at Walmart ? Maybe I haven’t looked enough.

I didn’t do any heavy metal detox yet or even tested myself. What’s your experience with that ?

Cost only about $22 here in the United States. Idk about Germany. I don't have any experience with it yet either, I only recently learned about it from Leos video so I decided to go ahead and plan it out. Thats going to be my next process for development which I plan to begin October 1st.  You wanna organize how that process is going to fit into your life schedule, so for me, during that time is when Ill have less going on. To begin my trial runs.

Edited by Kamo

Focus on the solution, not the problem

Eat one egg a week. that's all you really need unless you're really killing it at the gym.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

7 hours ago, integral said:

Eat one egg a week. that's all you really need unless you're really killing it at the gym.

That’s like 13g of protein… minimum for me is like 60g but I also hit the gym so 160g would be ideal (My weight is 78kg).

@Jannes The protein requirements of the human body as culture is teaching us is way overblown. What about 1 egg a day? 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

37 minutes ago, integral said:

@Jannes The protein requirements of the human body as culture is teaching us is way overblown. What about 1 egg a day? 

You need protein to build new cells. It’s not just muscle repair but also hair, nails, immune system, … If you aren’t physically active at least 10% of your diet should consist of protein. If you are physically active you need more. Also most people benefit from eating more protein then is required because you body composition automatically changes for the better (more muscle less fat). 
Why do you think protein is bad ?

12 hours ago, integral said:

Eat one egg a week.

A real man eats one egg per year :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

As a vegan product in Germany that is cheap and has a short ingredient list I use this, when I can. It's tasty I am not the ultimate health nut the ingredient list is very short basically 4 ingredients. I am unsure how toxic the brand could be.

https://de.theproteinworks.com/soy-protein-90-isolate

I like to use powders as I have to admit I am not the best at cooking at alot of recepies I wanted to cook. They don't have the ingredients in the store from the program I bought. 

Did not find a heavy metal test for this brand. I talked to Michael a while ago and as I wanted to take them I showed him a few brands that seemed okay. This is apparently the nr.1 seller for powder according to a German site from the U.K. 

I tested and liked their products from the vegan section all soy protein powder. A second opinion would be cool. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

@Jannes Reasonable, i was more focusing on the 1g of protein per body weight per day trend.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A real man eats one egg per year :D

LMFAO i require a list of these "real man" qualifications

Edited by integral

@ValiantSalvatore Good price and I don’t have anything against soy. At their website they say that the eu-food legislation demands certain standards like low levels of heavy metals and they pass all these tests. But if every product sold in in the eu has to follow that then that wouldn’t bring anything extra. ??‍♂️ Or is that something many companies don’t follow ?

2 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

I like to use powders as I have to admit I am not the best at cooking at alot of recepies I wanted to cook. They don't have the ingredients in the store from the program I bought. 

A protein shake makes things just so unstressful. I just have a big protein shake in the morning with a bit of fruit and it’s just perfect. You are full because of the protein and it only takes 1 minute to make. 

Edited by Jannes

@Jannes That is an interesting question I don't even know how to google for it properly. I know some sellers include their test IIRC I asked Michael what the results mean for the metal tests. I don't want to give out false information as well as Michael seemed to have changed his mind on stuff and I am not a health expert so I tread with caution.

https://www.amazon.de/Nutri-Plus-Shape-Shake-Vegan-Vanille/dp/B00JWLH5UQ/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=vegan+protein&qid=1657390036&sprefix=vegan+%2Caps%2C176&sr=8-8

Apparently a lot of tests are also done in the U.S and they apparently have very bad regulations that battery acid can land in your ketchup. Found the eu-regulations and skimmed the documents I did not find any values. They are just stating they should take measures according to some data they found that is concerning. 

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2006:364:0005:0024:DE:PDF

Im Rahmen der Richtlinie 93/5/EWG wurde 2004 die SCOOP-Aufgabe 3.2.11 „Bewertung der ernährungsbedingten Aufnahme von Arsen, Cadmium, Blei und Quecksilber durch die Bevölkerung der EU-Mitgliedstaaten“ durchgeführt (23). In Anbetracht dieser Bewertung und der Stellungnahme des SCF sollten Maßnahmen getroffen werden, um den Bleigehalt in Lebensmitteln so weit wie möglich zu reduzieren.

The American and German situation is supposed to be similar when I Google in German I found this article. That seems quiet insightful as it explains what even the metals cause for issues. 

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/04/protein-drinks/index.htm

Would also like to see the regulated value that the seller can include in their product.

A solution is if the product/seller posts lab results you can easily look up what level of g,mg etc of metal X is toxic and how much of that is contained for example per 100g of vegan protein powder. Then see if it is worth it. 

I am honest I trusted others also so I never looked that deeply in to it, yet looked for advice. I just made sure it's soy protein and not WHEY or rather plant based instead of animal based.

I eat animals I don't really need them in my shake also lol. 

Found an article with all the infos. It's categorized also as supplement the seller I posted has a picture of the regulation. The article has even more info...

https://www.laves.niedersachsen.de/startseite/lebensmittel/lebensmittelgruppen/nahrungserganzungsmittel/schwermetalle-in-ayurvedischen-nahrungsergaenzungsmitteln-164611.html#:~:text=Die Europäische Union (EU) hat,Produkte dürfen nicht vermarktet werden.

https://www.gmp-navigator.com/gmp-news/neue-grenzwerte-fuer-schwermetalle-in-nahrungsergaenzungsmitteln

Die Europäische Union (EU) hat für einige Schwermetalle in Nahrungsergänzungsmitteln Höchstgehalte festgelegt: für Blei 3,0 mg/kg, für Cadmium 1,0 mg/kg beziehungsweise 3,0 mg/kg NEM aus Seetang und für Quecksilber 0,1 mg/kg (VO (EG) Nr. 1881/2006). Höher belastete Produkte dürfen nicht vermarktet werden.

---

Yeah sounds like an enjoyable breakfast I like it also for breakfast especially because it's a protein source and it takes longer to digest as well as the associated feeling of satiety is awesome. Love it when my stomach is full for 3-4h with a full breakfast with protein sources in general. 

I just bought a test from 2020 that tested a wide range from protein powders that you can find in germany but probably many of them internationally also. The test looked at mineral oil components, free 3-MCPD, chlorate, perchlorate, lead, potassium, nickel, mercury, arsenic, aluminium. They gave each product a score. Unfortunately they didn’t show the actual numbers. (the lower the score the better ?)

D25938C7-3732-4336-B4BA-9D7AA7B90A52.jpeg

1AA26B3E-4CD8-47C6-86FC-594A72D365A6.jpeg

10F7138A-519B-4B5A-9539-5C28D4C19616.jpeg

Edited by Jannes

59 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

@Jannes That is an interesting question I don't even know how to google for it properly. I know some sellers include their test IIRC I asked Michael what the results mean for the metal tests. I don't want to give out false information as well as Michael seemed to have changed his mind on stuff and I am not a health expert so I tread with caution.

https://www.amazon.de/Nutri-Plus-Shape-Shake-Vegan-Vanille/dp/B00JWLH5UQ/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=vegan+protein&qid=1657390036&sprefix=vegan+%2Caps%2C176&sr=8-8

What is this product about ? 

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/04/protein-drinks/index.htm

Would also like to see the regulated value that the seller can include in their product.

A solution is if the product/seller posts lab results you can easily look up what level of g,mg etc of metal X is toxic and how much of that is contained for example per 100g of vegan protein powder. Then see if it is worth it. 

yeah there have to be some companies that provide tests right ?

I am honest I trusted others also so I never looked that deeply in to it, yet looked for advice. I just made sure it's soy protein and not WHEY or rather plant based instead of animal based.

I eat animals I don't really need them in my shake also lol. 

yeah I am all for vegan protein powder as well. Unfortunately it has more heavy metals in it on average.

That seems pretty insightful, thanks! 

11 minutes ago, Jannes said:

What is this product about ? 

@Jannes They include the test results for metals inside their product. Some sellers do this.

814l65uSZXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

18 minutes ago, Jannes said:

I just bought a test from 2020 that tested a wide range from protein powders that you can find in germany but probably many of them internationally also. The test looked at mineral oil components, free 3-MCPD, chlorate, perchlorate, lead, potassium, nickel, mercury, arsenic, aluminium. They gave each product a score. Unfortunately they didn’t show the actual numbers. 

That is intersting! I saw the number one product often in stores or gyms I would have never bought the product lol as I thought it is some cheap whey powder how ironic. Thank you for sharing the information! It's suprising to me they still do not recommend it to athletes. I hope the test was not very expensive lol, guess for health wealth matters more. 

Jokes aside hope this is enough info and you can gain value from it. 

@ValiantSalvatore I put an arrow on the line where the heavy metal levels are rated. 4 products have „1,6 gut“ which do you mean ? 
Cost me 3,50€ so not that expensive. But "Stiftung.Warentest“ has a pretty good name in Germany so you can probably trust them. 

53 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

@Jannes They include the test results for metals inside their product. Some sellers do this.

That’s great. Maybe I can find some more who do this. Thanks!

Quality food is cheaper than Quality protein powder, I tried Vivo. overrated. just buy some organic Lentils and you're set.

How does heavy metals find it's way to the protein powders?

Does creatine powder also have heavy metal in it?

Apparently they all pass the standard heavy metals test as the label on it says.