Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Batman

Ralston about "toad juice" and Enlightenment

11 posts in this topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr7tnygxTyA

IMO, he is spot on and very authentic about the matter. He does not negate the possibility that some substances put the mind in a state that is more open for awakening. As I understand his words, he actually acknowledges this possibility. However, I think that his main issue with using substances to increase consciousness is that it is too much dependent on the substance and the affect on the mind.

Personally, I had psychedelic experiences which blew my mind completely, including the most intense and ego shattering awakenings. However, I almost always returned to same consciousness I was in before the trip. Even the craziest and earth shaking psychedelic awakenings, where I was sure I either died or completely lost my mind, didn't "produce" increased consciousness after the trip. It was only registered as some crazy awakening experience, and opened my mind to how deep you can put your self in the rabbit hole.

And I know, there has been like 2-3 posts regarding Ralston's opinion on mind altering substances. Many members have stated that he probably has some financial agenda going against substances, which I disagree with completely. Ralston displays a very balanced opinion on the matter.

IMO, Psychedelics are amazing tool to shake the mind and open you to new possibilities, but they cannot be the main practice for awakening/enlightenment. Because of the deep and profound experiences they produce, they can even become a trap or attachment on "the path" to truth. Personally, they showed me many perspectives and pitfalls in my character, many subconscious patterns to look for when "sober", and much more. Ayahuasca was especially transformative, like emotion/shadow work on steroids. 

MODS - There is a possibility that it was more appropriate to post this as a response in a previous post on the matter. If this is so, please accept my apologies :)

Even the way he talks about it is demeaning. "Toad juice" ¬¬

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Haha. "Toad Juice"

He's kinda right though.  

???????

Ughhhh. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

It’s more about having a toolkit and balanced set of practices. 

He wrote the book of not knowing. 

You don’t know what you don’t know. 

12 minutes ago, Opulence said:

He loves spitting facts. A truthful man. 

Oh, I can here Vernon Howard laughing in the background about a man who agrees with another mans “truths” or “facts”

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

It’s more about having a toolkit and balanced set of practices. 

He wrote the book of not knowing. 

You don’t know what you don’t know. 

Oh, I can here Vernon Howard laughing in the background about a man who agrees with another mans “truths” or “facts”

We only have each other's truths. 

1 minute ago, Opulence said:

We only have each other's truths. 

You only have your own..

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

You only have your own..

That's what I meant. 

@Batman What I have observed in people I have known that solely rely on psychedelics is they often are missing the embodiment aspect. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to bypass the time and dedication of regular spiritual practices to achieve permanent shits in consciousness. Psychedelics are a very useful tool and will provide profound insights, but you will still have to do a lot of work to embody and sustain those expanded states they offer. 

We have a long pre-existing thread about Ralston's view on psychedelics, where we have discussed it to death. We do not need to do this all over again.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.