Illusory Self

How to brainstorm for brand names

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any good brainstorming strategies for a good brand name? 

Whenever I come up with a possible one, I always think in my mind I could possibly think of a better one.

I guess I just want to come up with the perfect brand name 

13 hours ago, Illusory Self said:

Does anyone have any good brainstorming strategies for a good brand name? 

Whenever I come up with a possible one, I always think in my mind I could possibly think of a better one.

I guess I just want to come up with the perfect brand name 

There is no such thing as a perfect brand name just like there is no such thing as a perfect lady or a perfect man. In order for a brand name to be good it must come from within. It must come from the beam! It must come from the Dark Tower itself!!!

Think of the people you are trying to impress with this brand and think of a name that will fill them with love and hope for their future.

Think of McDonalds. Ray Kroc talks about brand names.

https://youtu.be/vK-Jb0zmlGQ

Remember, brand name isn't something that company owners studied and got a hold of. It's not like they went to college to study "Brand Names". Most of the time, it got a hold of them. 

Edited by Bird Larry

Dealing with the same issue right now picking a Band name.

I guess it should match the product and theme, but does it?

We’ll keep our ears and minds open and the perfect name will flow in. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

Looks like we got a Band name!

@Illusory Self How are you coming along? 

E248EE23-66CC-4A90-9F2D-B071F9752A9E.jpeg

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

When I was trying to come up with the name of my band I asked some magician in a lucid dream

@Illusory Self  Write down anything that comes to mind, regardless if it sounds stupid, write fast and raw, almost like automatic writing. You want to create a huge CONTEXT that you can work with. This will get you out of the creative block.
Don't worry for typos, grammatical errors ect. The first goal would be to get into a trance-flow state. You can always refine LATER.

When you get a huge list, go in it and do elimination passes. This list of lets say 50 names, reduce it to 20, than 10, than 5, rank them up, change something as you go. Maybe a new good idea will pop up, maybe you can hybridize 2 names of the list.

I am sure that online name generators exist too, I've seen such for band names. You can use this as an inspiration tool too.

Edited by Yog