Chanratt

New to actualized

21 posts in this topic

I just found Leo’s videos a month ago and I’m quite blown away. Although I don’t quite understand everything he covers, what I do understand is very valuable to me. 
im now 52 and have been half assing this journey for more than a decade. In my late teens and early 20’s I was so much full of vigor. Traveling to new countries and experiencing new cultures was fascinating band new to me. Now that I have settled down with a wife and kids and responsibilities, that vigor has waned and I go through periods of depression. Like I’m not where I should be. Sure, the excitement I felt traveling when I was younger may have been an emotional attachment and nothing else, but I know there is joy to be had right where I am, am here and now. Some things that Leo says really resonate with me and give me great hope. I can almost touch it sometimes. I know I may be thinking about this totally wrong from my ego’s perspective but I feel like I should be loving life to the full and enjoying the ever present beauty that surrounds me. I am trying to start a regular meditation routine because I have had profound glimpses in the past and I know it’s there. I just can’t seem to get in touch. I guess that’s everyone’s problem though. They are seeking awakening and I can’t expect anything more than I have without going full throttle which I not. But anyway, I mainly wanted to introduce myself

Edited by Chanratt

6 minutes ago, Chanratt said:

I just found Leo’s videos a month ago and I’m quite blown away. Although I don’t quite understand everything he covers, what I do understand are very valuable to me. 
im now 52 and have been half assing this journey for more than a decade. In my late teens and early 20’s I was so much full of vigor. Traveling to new countries and experiencing new countries was fascinating band new to me. Now that I have settled down with a wife and kids and responsibilities, that vigor has waned and I got through periods of depression. Like I’m not where I should be. Sure, the excitement I felt traveling when I was younger may have been an emotional attachment and nothing else, but I know there is joy to be had right where I am, am here and now. Some things that Leo says really resonate with me and give me great hope. I can almost touch it sometimes. I know I may be thinking about this totally wrong from my ego’s perspective but I feel like I should be loving life to the full and enjoying the ever present beauty that surrounds me. I am trying to start a regular meditation routine because I have had profound glimpses in the past and I know it’s there. I just can’t seem to get in touch. 

Welcome to the Forums. You have lived much more life than the majority of us here, your experiences and perspectives about your life journey would be much welcome. When you say you cannot get in touch what do you mean precisely? 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Razard86 well, how do I put it? I can’t seem to shake off the negativity and depression and all the day to day worries that I get caught up on and be still and drink in the Beaty around and in me I guess. 

Welcome! My prescription is daily meditation and watching some videos of somebody like Rupert Spira :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Welcome dude 

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

I am new poster to the forums also. Although I am not new to actualized.org. I have been following Leo for a couple of years now. I just wanted to say hello to you and anyone else reading. A dedicated spiritual practice has changed my life tremendously. Taking in high consciousness material, and actually getting off of my ass and doing something. It seems like everyone is different. Let me just put it like this, despair and disillusionment can creep in and take me down if I do not work towards my spiritual and mental health. Leo was not the first teacher I found, he but has been one of the biggest influencers on me in the last couple of years. I mean its a trial and error thing. Find what works and do it no matter what every single day. That's my method anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Mojoson said:

I am new poster to the forums also. Although I am not new to actualized.org. I have been following Leo for a couple of years now. I just wanted to say hello to you and anyone else reading. A dedicated spiritual practice has changed my life tremendously. Taking in high consciousness material, and actually getting off of my ass and doing something. It seems like everyone is different. Let me just put it like this, despair and disillusionment can creep in and take me down if I do not work towards my spiritual and mental health. Leo was not the first teacher I found, he but has been one of the biggest influencers on me in the last couple of years. I mean its a trial and error thing. Find what works and do it no matter what every single day. That's my method anyway. 

Very cool :) Keep the great mindset up! 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Sounds like you could do with watching his latest video on being decisive. It’s seems like your dithering too much and pondering on this i.e not going full throttle. A decisive decision needs to be made. Your either going to do it, or your not. Make that decision. I was pretty awe struck on how that video spoke to me, I sat back and realised how lately I’ve been taking my eye off the ball, coasting, lack lustre in my going abouts of things, in many areas of my life, including meditation. To sit there and watch an listen to that episode helped me realise that lately I’ve been going nowhere, resting on my laurels, partaking in activities that do me no service other than make me stand still, even possibly taking backward steps. So decisiveness is necessary, and in your own situation too, as far as I can tell. Oh and welcome!

Welcome, brother. And please do not watch any of Leo's videos/ They will fuck you up so hard, that you will be squealing like a bitch, you heard me?>

Never watch this video

@Chanratt @Mojoson Welcome to the forum guys! I dont think its ever too late to begin going full throttle into Personal Development. You now have alot of experience under your belt to know most of your behaviors, so from here on out it comes down to behavior change that will help alter your emotions. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

If travelling is an egoic attachment, what isnt? From what you said, it seems like you used travel to grow as a person, which should be really valuable in life and what you do with it. Are you saying it is egoic because you cannot do it with family around? 

On 7/4/2022 at 3:58 PM, bejapuskas said:

If travelling is an egoic attachment, what isnt? From what you said, it seems like you used travel to grow as a person, which should be really valuable in life and what you do with it. Are you saying it is egoic because you cannot do it with family around? 

On 7/4/2022 at 11:25 AM, Kamo said:

@Chanratt @Mojoson Welcome to the forum guys! I dont think its ever too late to begin going full throttle into Personal Development. You now have alot of experience under your belt to know most of your behaviors, so from here on out it comes down to behavior change that will help alter your emotions. 

I am saying that I probably can't do it without my family anymore. YOu know? Immigrant, 15 years in the States surviving and shit all by myself. Poor me.

Need family again I think or not lol We will see

Jello/ *Hello etc. Just wanted to post this comment so I can hit number 13 for my comment count. Since I am a Devil, etc lol You know? An unlucky terrible terrible number

Oi nevermind. It was my 14th post count and now it is going to be the 15th

Hey, be sure to watch this video. It's the epitome of what Actualized.org is about, and perhaps Leo's best video

@EternalForest This was the first video I found of Leo's. It started like a two year daily dose, but I learned a lot. I wonder if this is the video that got me looking at my hand for like 15 minutes a day ? . Try telling that shit to your coworkers.

I look at my hand at the restaurant where I work at when it is slow and boring. It is just me there on the shift, and a bartender/waiter up front. Chef probably watches on cameras how I look at my hand and just sit there. They all know that I am crazy and don't care nut he still told me "We need to have a talk tomorrow. 6 or 7 hours late for your shift wasn't the issue. You are working tomorrow at 2PM"

He will probably kick my ass or yell at me or something :o