integral

Probiotics for Serotonin and Dopamine

10 posts in this topic

I've recently experimented with a probiotics containing high amounts >2 billion each per capsule of these bacteria:

• L. plantarum - significantly increased serotonin and dopamine in mice and reduced anxious behavior when they were in a maze
  • B. longum - may reduce depression and anxiety, helps people with IBS
  • B. bifidum - helps generate vitamins such as K and B-12, which may also influence mood
  • B. infantis - increased relaxation in rats and helped with treating irritable bowel syndrome
  • L. reuteri - known to have an anti-pain effect in mice and can help increase excitability
  • L. acidophilus - may help reduce cholesterol and supports nutrient absorption
  • L. helveticus - rats administered with L. helveticus showed a decline in anxiety scores but another 2017 study found no difference
  • L. casei
  • L. rhamnosus
  • B. breve

The effects where immediate from 1 pill taken with food, mental focus, relaxation, flow states, easier to breath... I feel high. It normally kicks in at around 1-3pm. 

Even the color i see when i close my eyes is different. For people experience major depression or instability this should be the first stop.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

That is so cool. My MD mom says me feeling good when eating a lot of veggies is probably placebo. No, mom, I'm feeding my little minions ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

13 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

That is so cool. My MD mom says me feeling good when eating a lot of veggies is probably placebo. No, mom, I'm feeding my little minions ?

Evidence submitted and peer-reviewed, we can finally conclude that mothers are always wrong. ^_^

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Damn. 

I tried taking 450 billion and didn't notice any big changes. 

But that was a while ago so I might be misremembering. 

@integral What is the probiotic supplement you took?  

I have been taking the BePure Two probiotic for the past month with no results. I was so confident it would at least do something as I had done a Comprehensive Stool Test which showed that I was lacking a lot of healthy gut flora, I was like "This is it! This has to be it!". But unfortunately I didn't get any results from it. 

@Vision Flora Senior's Probiotic 34 Billion 60 Veggie Caps 

I purchased it refrigerated at a local health food store. I think its important not to buy it online for this reason, the probiotics could all be dead. Im not a senior, just this one had the most probiotics packed into it that i was looking for, highest concentration. There are other ones marketed as Mood probiotics that look good, can google them, but ive not tested. 

unknown (17).png

Edited by integral

Look for spore-based probiotics as most probiotics get broken down via stomach acid and do nothing. Also eat a tablespoon of raw sauerkraut every day. That's superior to any probiotic you'll find in a supermarket.

14 hours ago, integral said:

@Vision Flora Senior's Probiotic 34 Billion 60 Veggie Caps 

I purchased it refrigerated at a local health food store. I think its important not to buy it online for this reason, the probiotics could all be dead. Im not a senior, just this one had the most probiotics packed into it that i was looking for, highest concentration. There are other ones marketed as Mood probiotics that look good, can google them, but ive not tested. 

unknown (17).png

Thanks. How long did it take for you to see results?

10 hours ago, Olly said:

Look for spore-based probiotics as most probiotics get broken down via stomach acid and do nothing. Also eat a tablespoon of raw sauerkraut every day. That's superior to any probiotic you'll find in a supermarket.

@Olly Is MegaSporeBiotic good?

I currently have that, but when I first took it, it made me feel worse. But I took it a year ago, when I had SIBO.

Edited by Vision