CuriousityIsKey

What makes someone a "God"? And not just an ordinary "being"?

18 posts in this topic

By God what is there to be understood?

It is a thre letter word, yes, but what does it point to? And what God entails? 

What characteristic?

God doesn't exist. There is just reality itself. You are it. I am it... Everything that "is" is it... It's the only thing there is... That's it...

See this attempted dictionary definition.

noun: existence

the fact or state of living or having objective reality.

But subjective reality exists too. Lol. You can't even define it. "Being" can only be defined with itself, "being is something that is". You (as you'd expect) can't actually use something other than what is, to define what is.

Some people enjoy referring to that as "God". But you see it is really just undefined. We know "being". Yet we can't ever describe what being is, because it just IS.

Edited by RMQualtrough

This, right here right now Is. Isn't it

?

❤️

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

There is no 'someone' in The absolute sense. There are no components, just *This right here right now*. This. This! It's absolute. It's Infinity itself.

Any 'someone' is a thought occuring within Consciousness, 'any person'/'someone' is just a character dreamed up by God/You.

You are not someone, You are The actor behind all The play, dreaming up thoughts about being identified with this dream character, The game you're playing.

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

A self given title? Or a title given by others? Leo is God - he said so. But what does that really mean?

Not much. God is just a word. Even the Bible points to this. 

Now… What the word points to….

How would you embody or encapsulate pure, intangible creativity? Or perhaps Love, which in my observation is included under the umbrella of creativity? Impossible to do so non-subjectively, IMO. 

What will you do with all these answers to all of these questions when all of these people take their time to respond? What is the point aside from further mental masturbation? 

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone

God is Absolute Mind. A Mind which has no other and is therefore all-knowing and all-powerful.

When you realize that reality is just your own Mind and nothing else, you will become God.

That which has no other is absolutely sovereign and self-created.

To realize you are God is to realize that you created yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 6/28/2022 at 7:19 PM, CuriousityIsKey said:

By God what is there to be understood?

It is a thre letter word, yes, but what does it point to? And what God entails? 

What characteristic?

Nothing makes someone a "God".  God is already and has always been whats taking place.  There isn't anything but "God", so there for everyone, everything and everywhere you could say is "God".

@Mu_ yes. 

I like the way Alan Watts says it- "You find out that the universe is a system that creeps up on itself and says 'Boo' and then laughs at itself for jumping."

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

16 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Mu_:) 

3sc6uzmy21l61.png

That seems about right. Anyone who deals with self defeating behaviors / thoughts can likely agree. ??

”Quit hitting yourself”

Gone

@SourceCodo

"Why are you hitting yourself?"

"Because it feels so good when I stop."

;) 

duality is the nature of being.. you can't have up without down, or in without out. 

God (oneness), has to pretend (dream, imagine, lie) to be 'separate from itself' (ego) in order to experience/know (seem like something, rather than nothing/everything) itself.  

Like playing a game of hide and seek with yourself.. where am I again?? I've looked everywhere.. OH, that's right, I forgot, I'm the looker, I'm right here the whole time.. silly me.. shall I play again? 

Edited by Mason Riggle

God in human form is an avatar. They are attached to nothing, are exemplars of 100% pure selflessness, and often have what would be considered supernormal abilities. There are living avatars today. Ram Dass has great stories about avatar Baba Neem Karoli in his book Miracles of Love, and Yogananda alot of great stuff he shares about avatars (including his Guru Sri Yukteswar) in his commentary on the Bhagavad Gita.

17 hours ago, Brandon Nankivell said:

God in human form is an avatar. They are attached to nothing, are exemplars of 100% pure selflessness, and often have what would be considered supernormal abilities. There are living avatars today. Ram Dass has great stories about avatar Baba Neem Karoli in his book Miracles of Love, and Yogananda alot of great stuff he shares about avatars (including his Guru Sri Yukteswar) in his commentary on the Bhagavad Gita.

That would make every human being an avatar because every human is God in a human form. Some dream abilities regardless of what they are don't actually make one 'more God' than anybody else. Even I have had experience with many of these abilities and they just mean your state of consciousness is higher which allows for such abilities.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)