IamYou

Are you conscious?

10 posts in this topic

I claim I am. What am I? To put it into words: I am the author of this post.

It should be noted that there is an author of this post otherwise this post would not exist. 

Thus the author of this post must be you or another being. 

2 possibilities arise: 

1. I am actually conscious and go to the effort of typing this post to you. I could still be you or another being.

2. I am not conscious (leaving you as the only possible author left). Thus this post is created by you subconsciously just like dream characters at night. In other words no one consciously typed this. This is just a message to you from yourself that your whole life truly is a dream.

I claim option 2 is false. I am consciously typing this.

Perhaps you think I am lying. In that case you must be deceiving yourself with this post. 

Understand this: The claim I am conscious is actually true since you are conscious and you would be the author of this post in this scenario. Even if you are not conscious I know subjectively that I am conscious. In other words if you are not conscious then only I can deny that I am conscious and I won't do such a thing because it opposes my direct experience. Thus, my claim that I am conscious is true.

So either way the author of this post is conscious. There is no debate. 

The question then is whether I am you or whether I am another being. And if I am you just understand that unless you are deceiving yourself you actually make my body and type this post by yourself. 

In conclusion please stop calling me imaginary. For I am as conscious as you (either because I am you or because I am another being). 

Edited by IamYou

What if there is no author but only article being made?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@IamYou Wait.Are you ruining my delusion that I am only a conscious being in existence and that you are just a figment of my imagination. How I would live my life now trapped in my solipsistic little bubble.

14 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@IamYou

What being conscious means?

"conscious" is a name for my condition. The condition of knowing that I and other phenomenon exist.

13 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

What if there is no author but only article being made?

There can be no creation without a source of creation. My post can't be made without its source which just so happens to be me.

15 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

@IamYou Wait.Are you ruining my delusion that I am only a conscious being in existence and that you are just a figment of my imagination. How I would live my life now trapped in my solipsistic little bubble.

Or are you going to prove to me that you are actually imaginary and unconscious and wake me up from "my dream" as Leo puts it?

5 minutes ago, IamYou said:

Or are you going to prove to me that you are actually imaginary and unconscious and wake me up from "my dream" as Leo puts it?

No, because I am exactly as real as you, and I too decided to write this post.What nonsense honestly with whole imaginary idea.

@IamYou half truth that wont lead to absolute truth and you hitting wall over and over again ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@IamYou

I could ask you what is time and you could give me another definition. What I was trying to point towards was that being conscious is thought you're having right NOW. If you'd focus to the question am I aware long enough you'd end up not understanding the question even. What I am trying to say is that you can always define things some way over another, but the thing is that unless you've them in your direct experience going on why bother to think that they exist.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?