Tyler Robinson

Does IQ correlate with the kind of discussions we have?

27 posts in this topic

I don't wish to insult someone's or anyone's intelligence. In fact I rarely ever give much thought to IQ as I always believe in treating everyone equal. So this is just my observation (please don't take it personal). 

What I found is that I always have high consciousness and very matured discussions with high IQ individuals without running into any kind of trouble, always sticking to the meat of the discussion. 

Whereas. When I talk to certain type of people (I wouldn't want to call them low IQ but they bring very little in terms of insight to the table, I do not consider myself high IQ either, yet I enjoy high consciousness discussions that elevate and add to my intellectual capacity, that is there is always something I gain out of it.) 

Now when I talk to "those" people, it always ends in drama, nonsense, rambling, destructive criticism, gossip, finger pointing, character assassination, too much personal talk, labeling etc. I want to stay the furthest from that vibe. 

Does this mean that people with low IQ will always behave this way or has this not much to do with IQ and more to do with "ATTITUDE." 

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but in my general observation, anyone who came across as high IQ, one guy I interacted with had an IQ of 146, that was remarkable and I had a fuck  ton to gain from him. He was a remarkable dude and zero drama and nonsense. Any discussion with him was a breeze. I really cherished and learned from every word that came from his mouth. 

The thing is that there is a certain consistency to this pattern-most high IQ folks exhibited great attitude in terms of conversational behavior and etiquette. And I absolutely had no trouble disagreeing with them. 

But this wasn't the pattern with people who had nothing intellectual to say. They would mostly engage in fights and get very personal in any discussion making conversations with them pointless. 

I'm not saying that everyone is this way, but majority are. Very few people had both low IQ (that is they could not hold an intellectually stimulating convo or had nothing to offer) as well as a great attitude. 

And very few people had high IQ paired with bad attitude. It was an anomaly. 

Is this a problem of ATTITUDE or IQ or both or what? 

Confused as duck. 

Side note — do you resonate with my experience? 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

10 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

I don't wish to insult someone's or anyone's intelligence. In fact I rarely ever give much thought to IQ as I always believe in treating everyone equal. So this is just my observation (please don't take it personal). 

What I found is that I always have high consciousness and very matured discussions with high IQ individuals without running into any kind of trouble, always sticking to the meat of the discussion. 

Whereas. When I talk to certain type of people (I wouldn't want to call them low IQ but they bring very little in terms of insight to the table, I do not consider myself high IQ either, yet I enjoy high consciousness discussions that elevate and add to my intellectual capacity, that is there is always something I gain out of it.) 

Now when I talk to "those" people, it always ends in drama, nonsense, rambling, destructive criticism, gossip, finger pointing, character assassination, too much personal talk, labeling etc. I want to stay the furthest from that vibe. 

Does this mean that people with low IQ will always behave this way or has this not much to do with IQ and more to do with "ATTITUDE." 

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but in my general observation, anyone who came across as high IQ, one guy I interacted with had an IQ of 146, that was remarkable and I had a fuck  ton to gain from him. He was a remarkable dude and zero drama and nonsense. Any discussion with him was a breeze. I really cherished and learned from every word that came from his mouth. 

The thing is that there is a certain consistency to this pattern-most high IQ folks exhibited great attitude in terms of conversational behavior and etiquette. And I absolutely had no trouble disagreeing with them. 

But this wasn't the pattern with people who had nothing intellectual to say. They would mostly engage in fights and get very personal in any discussion making conversations with them pointless. 

I'm not saying that everyone is this way, but majority are. Very few people had both low IQ (that is they could not hold an intellectually stimulating convo or had nothing to offer) as well as a great attitude. 

And very few people had high IQ paired with bad attitude. It was an anomaly. 

Is this a problem of ATTITUDE or IQ or both or what? 

Confused as duck. 

Side note — do you resonate with my experience? 

I don't resonate with your experience. I know people who have scored highly on IQ tests. They have successful careers. But they are impossible to talk to about any of this stuff. They also love trump. 

I don't believe IQ corrolates to as many things as people believe it does. 

@herghly my experience has been the absolute opposite. 

Most high IQ people I have met, hated Trump to the core. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

Discussions involve thinking, and people who're better at thinking generally do it better :) Wisdom and emotional intelligence are probably better predictors though.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Discussions involve thinking, and people who're better at thinking generally do it better :) Wisdom and emotional intelligence are probably better predictors though.

Good point. 

♡✸♡.

Usually.  People with lower IQs are given less opportunities to move up the spiral in a way,  poverty etc. I guess suffering from having a low IQ can move you up.  But are you suffering? Ignorance is bliss. Moving up the spiral equates to abundance and some suffering,  something high IQ people have.  

Edited by Proserpina

???????

@Fearey I'd like to think that's the case but I have too many examples in RL that is contrary to that,  that have low abundance/IQ and are shallow aholes. I was born with the abundance of my mother and I've always reaped the benefits,  just as my Dad's low abundance has hindered me in my growth and reaped only hindrances.

Edited by Proserpina

???????

people speak per their level of consciousness, something i marvel at rather than meddle in

secret is, never argue with people, disagree all you like namely state your truth and move to the next

no one wants you to change them

There's a difference I've contemplated for years which is the difference between knowledge and consciousness. I haven't got it yet (even though I actually have got it) but I I know that one aspect of the differentiation between consciousness and knowledge is that consciousness can recognise its lack and requirement to attain knowledge, and can also recognise that it doesn't recognise how to go about attaining the knowledge that it knows it needs to attain [for whatever reason]...and can then take action to go about obtaining the information relating to how to go about obtaining the information that it needs to become knowledgeable. 

This is a key difference. Consciousness can exist without knowledge and it recognises knowledge or its lack of knowledge and how to get more knowledge. Consciousness is an awareness of the mind itself it's systematic structure. Increasing this consciousness can subsequently be highly advantageous because you can literally conquer any task whatsoever if you combine it with adequate will, determination and focus. With consciousness it doesn't matter if you know the answer to your problem...what matter is that you know that you don't know the answer and you know that [for whatever reason] you can indeed take action to move towards knowing the answer. And if the question you seek to answer begs a further question that must first be answered, and if that question begs a further question that must be answered (etc.) it doesn't matter, if you have sufficient will and determination you will learn how to learn the answer to the question that leads you to the answer of the next question that leads you to the answer of the next question that leads you to the answer to the next question that leads you to the ultimate goal you have set out. It's a matter of having an awareness that you are a system. And so: consciousness > knowledge...because;

consciousness learns how to learn

(Consciousness + unlimited will) = exponentially increasing knowledge (IQ)

Edited by Aaron p

Nitpick: IQ does not exist as a property of a person. It was only ever meant as a school test, not to be seen as an inherent property of a person that is unchangeable by any stretch, the way it is used in popular context.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@Fearey wouldn’t be easy to change your life to the better with considerable ease with this amount of money? I guess I’m miss-understanding how hard it is to for a stage orange to change course/hardly held beliefs, and see the world form another perspective.

EDIT: my intuition says that he’s possibly shoot himself in the foot doing exactly what his socity “told” him to to once you have the money: buy a big ass house an throw parities … that life!
Not paying attention to he himself  ‘actually’ wanted!

Also hanging out with celebrities could’ve ruined him, these people are larger than life and highly abnormal I assume. 

Edited by Happy Lizard

Sometimes the intellectually smartest people are a nightmare to deal with. In my course at uni the smartest people in the class were often almost impossible to work with or would ask really irritating and pedantic questions throughout lectures constantly. Or they'd often try to outsmart or catch out lecturers etc.

Not all the really smart people, but it was a noticeable pattern. You can have smart people with really low EQ that are way worse than less intellectual people who have a high EQ. Really whenever you are interacting with people, a high EQ person will convey their perspective to you well, even if their perspective is not that intellectual

Edited by something_else

What you describe sounds way more related to attitude than IQ. Some of the smartest (in terms of IQ) people I know have shitty attitudes like you describe. I think higher IQ does give an advantage in that those people might have an easier time realizing how their attitude affects things and can potentially change it, but this is rare. Most people have a shitty and self-limiting attitude regardless of IQ. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Overall intelligence -- called g-factor -- affects everything, of course.

Most people have a fairly mediocre g-factor, which is why they behave in such dumb ways and vote for people as dumb as them.

If your g-factor was low enough, you would not be able to tie your shoes.

But the way humans measure intelligence is woefully inadequate. A lot of stuff that mankind considers intelligent, isn't.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Intelligence is probably the single most overhyped and overrated thing humans use to judge each other. The fact it's such a concern for so many shows how misguided we are collectively.

One's character, values, and "spirit" are far truer ways to measure.

We live in an unwise time though.

hrhrhtewgfegege

13 minutes ago, Roy said:

Intelligence is probably the single most overhyped and overrated thing humans use to judge each other. The fact it's such a concern for so many shows how misguided we are collectively.

One's character, values, and "spirit" are far truer ways to measure.

We live in an unwise time though.

Character is important. I don't deny that. 

But talking to a high IQ person (assuming they also have high EQ), they bring logic and rationality to the table. Makes everything a lot more convenient. 

Would you rather be dealing illogical irrational people? You aren't aware of the nightmare you're asking for. 

♡✸♡.

11 hours ago, something_else said:

Sometimes the intellectually smartest people are a nightmare to deal with. In my course at uni the smartest people in the class were often almost impossible to work with or would ask really irritating and pedantic questions throughout lectures constantly. Or they'd often try to outsmart or catch out lecturers etc.

Not all the really smart people, but it was a noticeable pattern. You can have smart people with really low EQ that are way worse than less intellectual people who have a high EQ. Really whenever you are interacting with people, a high EQ person will convey their perspective to you well, even if their perspective is not that intellectual

This is a good point. Valid. But I'm assuming that not every high IQ person comes with low emotional intelligence. I'm not talking about nerdy nerds. 

Most evolved all-around high intelligence people also did well on emotional intelligence. 

But I get what you mean. 

♡✸♡.

3 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

But talking to a high IQ person (assuming they also have high EQ), they bring logic and rationality to the table. Makes everything a lot more convenient. 

Would you rather be dealing illogical irrational people? You aren't aware of the nightmare you're asking for. 

The most irrational people I know have high IQ. And at least one of them has a freakishly high IQ but is an absolute fool.

On the other hand, I do think you're on to something. I also have a higher-than-average IQ and I do believe it has been a helpful tool along my path. The way my brain makes connections and solves problems helps me put together all the theory I learn and then helps me to apply it to my own life in a way that I see others struggling to do. In the past I have also used the ability of finding/making connections to delude myself deeply. So, it defintily has the potential to be a useful tool but also maybe a curse in certain situations.

1 minute ago, musicandmath111 said:

Correct! Talking with other people always gets you sucked into their ideas, no matter whom you're talking with. At least that's the case for me. The comparison of discussions with two completely different people is like comparing two different states of consciousness. When you're in one state, you're not in the other, and this makes it difficult to make an objective judgment about your personal situation with these conversations, because it feels like a different you is on the scene and you completely forgot who you were yesterday. Here the strategy is to compare how you felt when you moved from state 1 to state 2 vs wheb you moved from state 2 to state 1. If you felt better (in a spiritualy mature sense) moving from state 2 to state 1, then you should always choose state 1 over state 2. If the feelings were like "yeah they're kind of fun talking with" vs "dude how wrong I was, omg", then it's the test of your spiritual maturity to decide which one you will choose.

That was a good explanation. I'll keep in mind to notice my state when I'm talking to someone. 

♡✸♡.