Aaron p

Do Psychedelics Hinder Regular Egoic Success or Drive it Forward?

26 posts in this topic

This is a question that I currently hold highly as i'd like to find somewhat of a sure answer to it because, until i find the answer i will be extremely careful with taking psycs.

Leo has said before that psychedelics may very well de-rail regular human, egoic motivation for certain avenues for the seeking of success.

My fear is that i do not yet have a clear answer to the question "will psychedelics make is harder for me to be motivated to become successful within domains associated with lower, more basic levels in the spiral...or will they instead cultivate and encourage it?"

On one hand leo has said in the past that they can derail motivation for certain natural successes but then i look at what leo himself is accomplishing and also look at myself...and it would seem as though psychedelics dont hinder human motivation for success but it encourages it massively. I know it also is probably different for each person, and of course it would depend how your taking the psychedelics, which psychedelics your taking etc.

(ive no doubt taking DMT every day for example would create massive hindrances...but assuming your not doing it unhealthily). 

psychedelics do seem to surface a lottt of pain etc. but as far as i can see, pain pushes a person forward as long as its delivered in manageable doses... 

Anyone wana tell me their experience, thoughts, philosophy? Do Psychedelics Hinder Regular Egoic Success or Drive it Forward?

...until i get an answer to this im going to be weary taking psycs...

hope everyones well btw and enjoying summer time :P

@Leo Gura

they can do both.

however, doing higher doses more frequently would probably lead to derailment rather than smaller doses or even micro-doses, and then like once every 1-2 years doing high doses for deeper contemplation.

The thing is, it appears that part of Leo's job is learning to deconstruct reality, so getting his reality deconstructed by 5-meo and then putting into language actually goes along with his life purpose lol

Edited by SgtPepper

4 hours ago, Aaron p said:

My fear is that i do not yet have a clear answer to the question "will psychedelics make is harder for me to be motivated to become successful within domains associated with lower, more basic levels in the spiral...or will they instead cultivate and encourage it?"

For me they make it harder. But it will vary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

For me they make it harder. But it will vary.

@Leo Gura I knew it, I fucking knew it. Yeah. I feel like moving forward in life is like pulling a plow through a field, psyches allow the plow to go deeper, but subsequently it will be harder to pull forward...

...but then again, if the individual has the determination of a bull, the strength he'll develop pulling that plow will be immense. Then I suppose it's just a question of whether or not the individuals values lie in being strong...

The power in a 5meo trip can be hard to handle, but I know for a fact that I am one of the strongest motherfuckers there are...and It feels like I'd be insulting god not to use the strength I know I have to use psychedelics

Edited by Aaron p

Depends on the psychedelics. Mushrooms are very down to earth and can help you live a full filling life. Stay away of high dosages otherwise reality melts down. But even high medium doses are good to really heal and keep going on with life. The point is the objective of the trip and what you spend your time usually. If you trip to grow and heal you will get enormous benefits, if you trip for trascendence you will have amazing benefits in that. But if you are used to be constantly contemplating reality, psychedelics will start pulling that and probably you will go beyond human affairs so to speak. Really you have the power, they are amazing tools. For personal development, do regular psychedelics in medium dose at maximum. Stay awat from dmt, 5meo...

For me they make it harder. Not that I have much experience with them.

But certainly I get from them this spiritual feeling that makes materialism and success look frivolous. 

Try microdosing for effectiveness, focus, and health. I think that would have no risk on your goals.

Regular doses? Relative to your concern, I would stay away from them.

Check out nootropics and smart drugs like modafinil. Those will help you kick ass without running the risk of radically changing your values and agenda.

So, I'd first achieve a relatively successful life regarding stage orange stuff, and then seriously explore psychs if that's what you want.

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao I think upon realisations I've had from just the few answers in this thread I am indeed going to be careful with psychs. I definitely feel like I'm still Gona use them but I might not go for proper enlightenment until I'm slightly older. My plan may change, but one thing that will not change is the fact that I know I am destined get enlightened at some point in my journey. I recall Leo saying that there's no need to rush too fast

Edited by Aaron p

14 hours ago, Aaron p said:

@UnbornTao I think upon realisations I've had from just the few answers in this thread I am indeed going to be careful with psychs. I definitely feel like I'm still Gona use them but I might not go for proper enlightenment until I'm slightly older. My plan may change, but one thing that will not change is the fact that I know I am destined get enlightened at some point in my journey. I recall Leo saying that there's no need to rush too fast

As a young man, I feel the same.

Set enlightenment work (especially psychedelic-assisted) aside for a few years.

Edited by UnbornTao

Can be either/or. Depends on the proclivities of your soul. For me I can go both ways depending on the mood of the trip.

It's Love.

@Aaron p Anything that potentially expands your awareness, be it psychedelics or spiritual practices can radically shift your priorities and goals in life. That is one of the inherent affects of expanding your consciousness. If you don't want that, you may want to hold off until later in life after you have achieved some of your goals. 

Lawl, if it was gonna happen it probably was meant to be :D. For me was actually a huge relief in many ways, took me off these supposed "hamster wheels" that weren't actually of the highest priority in retrospect (they were at the time to go through the stages). Priorities have shifted in a positive sense, so it's not necessarily that you will fall into nihilism - there's more to dig if that's where you end up at with spiritual work. ;) There's no "need" to do anything, but the Love, Beauty, Truth, will let you know what the right actions are. And you just flow with that.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

But yo, yes the hindering aspects are there sometimes but its undeniable they there also seem to be aspects of psychedelics that encourage growth. Like the more conscious you become the more you realise your unhappiness with just lazing around and having no purpose etc. 

9 hours ago, Aaron p said:

I knew it, I fucking knew it.

I mentioned this point in my The Top Dangers Of Psychedelics video. Make sure you watch that one before you go tripping your balls off.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Although I'm into spiritual work — countless hours of 'consciousness' work — I've never tried psychedelics.

All I did is to focus my mind in-depth on an object, on my breath, or on my awareness — you can be aware that you are aware.

And I pushed myself to get the practice — in a unique manner — to the next level. The quality of the practice matters more than the quantity of it — you can focus three hours straight or you can do it ten times a day but with less intensity.

1. Focusing on something for three hours without pause.

2. Focusing on something for ten minutes, ten times a day.

It is a huge difference.

The good news about consciousness work is that you can heal yourself mentally and physically. Your biology is not separate from your mind — your body is an organism; all of its functions are intertwined.

To truly experience well-being, you need the capacity to stay present effortlessly, for hours on end, just like a Zen monk does.

Being anchored in the present moment is a skill — it requires lots of practice and @Leo Gura knows that. Leo discovered so many things on his own because he succeded in biting the bullet — he took the practice seriously and applied it often, despite that pain that surfaced when he figured things out alone.

Without enlightenment work, is it very difficult to understand yourself, how your body functions, and how the mind operates.

Yup definitely derails egoic success for a loooong time. Lucked out and had the opportunity to dedicate most of my attention span to personal development with psychs, for 2 years. Sucked at everything 

Only after a long time was I able to start using more of my brain to do ego stuff. But my ego doesn't want what it used to want anymore.

13 hours ago, Aaron p said:

I knew it, I fucking knew it. Yeah. I feel like moving forward in life is like pulling a plow through a field, psyches allow the plow to go deeper, but subsequently it will be harder to pull forward...

I think DMT is the one that works in the opposite direction - it encourages achieving success in life by helping you improve your understanding of social phenomena and inspiring you to do something creative. I always want to write a poem or a song verse after DMT. I think it's part of why they call DMT "The Businessman Trip", not only because of the 15 minutes maximum duration, but also this effect on improving your creativity and social skills. Social skills, because with improved understanding from DMT you are able to practice social interaction better until again you hit your upper point of your understanding of social phenomena.

LSD also has the potential, in 100-200 mcg range.

Edited by Girzo

Psychedelics are like a compass to navigate through life, you just have to learn how to use them properly.

Just like a compass will send you in the wrong direction if you can't read it, psychedelics will confuse you if you don't know what you're doing.

Hard derail. Bizarre alteration of perspective which does not lend itself well to the Western world, which is a culture centered entirely around egoic pursuits.

Strange mixture of acceptance and misery: You find yourself more accepting of bad or humiliating events, but the disconnect from normal life can cause a sort of pit-of-the-stomach displeasure.

Rupert Spira said it is normal for people, that natural introverts become more introverted, and natural extroverts become more extroverted. Because the pressures which normally cause an introvert to act social, and vice versa, disappear. I am a HEAVY introvert but used to really get into parties after a few drinks. Now I am content and genuinely just want to sit quietly by myself at such events. I may just sprawl over a booth bench and just chill, maybe browse the web. This contentment, paradoxically, also causes me distress as I feel I am now "missing out" on something... The egoic drive I had previously to chat up women and show off my bod etc, is no longer driving me to do those things.

Right now I think it is a bad thing. Maybe when I am 35 or 40 it will become a good thing.

On 28/06/2022 at 2:47 PM, acidgoofy said:

Psychedelics are like a compass to navigate through life, you just have to learn how to use them properly.

Just like a compass will send you in the wrong direction if you can't read it, psychedelics will confuse you if you don't know what you're doing.

Mm I feel u