Someone here

Consciousness is the only real thing .

49 posts in this topic

Just now, Nilsi said:

It doesnt get more clear than what has been said here. Im not going to fill your head with more fantasies.

Keeping them all for yourself huh? ;)

Apparently.

Just now, axiom said:

Keeping them all for yourself huh? ;)

Yeah, right. Im just gaslighting yall to get a kick out of it.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

36 minutes ago, Someone here said:

We are not even sure about that fuzzy line that distuinghes "illusion" from "reality".

There isn't one.

36 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Because we experience dreams but we know that dreams are not real. Or less real than the waking world.

They are equally real.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This debates are fun but I can't see how they can be useful if one is not directly conscious oneself.

We're restricted to exchanging beliefs and speculations.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There isn't one.

They are equally real.

Yeah well ..I kinda agree to a certain point ... It's not possible to distinguish the two.. Unless you go lucid on a dream. But for now.. You can't tell which is which. That is.. You don't know if you are dreaming or awake right now. You might have just woke up from one dream to enter another dream. And this might go on endlessly. Which is interesting because it kinda show that there is absolutely no difference between dream and "reality" in terms of phenomenonal experience. The same thing.. Sights sounds and different kinds of perception are identical. Except maybe in the dream state its kinda unstable and dark.. And there is a huge lack of consistency. All of which are the opposite in the waking state. It's pretty solid and consistent. But dreams only seem inconsistent after you wake up and compare them to the waking world. So it's not highly unlikely that this world too might be highly inconsistent relative to a higher order of reality that you might wake up to.  Interesting stuff . 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

So it's not highly unlikely that this world too might be highly inconsistent relative to a higher order of reality that you might wake up to.  Interesting stuff

It’s actually tremendously consistent. That’s one thing you realise when you do wake up from it. That’s the genius that Leo and many here talk about. Just how consistent and genius the construction is. That’s why your having this conversation right now because you can’t figure it out due to how consistent it is

32 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

It’s actually tremendously consistent. That’s one thing you realise when you do wake up from it. That’s the genius that Leo and many here talk about. Just how consistent and genius the construction is. That’s why your having this conversation right now because you can’t figure it out due to how consistent it is

Only things which are directly experienced can be said to be absolutely true, everything else is just good guesswork. So why is it then that when you directly re-experience that football hurtling towards you, it is in the place you expect it to be? Why is the world is consistent and hangs together following certain trajectories and laws?

-Osho

Yep.

I want to add, that it's very peculiar, but consciousness seems to illuminate itself VIA the things which appear to it.

I state often, "pure consciousness" is literally nothing. That was a profound undeniable realization... For objects to even appear AT ALL there has to be a subjective experience: If there was no subjective experience, everything would be like what you'd see if you lost all 5 senses.

The act of experiencing is hence absolutely necessitated by the manifestation of any "thing" with form at all. And the thing experiencing the forms is literally nothing. And that is so, so, so, so, so, so, so bizarre. SO unspeakably, insanely, BIZARRE. Yet nothing else makes experiential OR logical sense.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The point is the realize you are the one and only God.

@Leo Gura I am sure you have contemplated the paradox of this. How is it that everyone who explores consciousness deep enough can discover the insight of being the only thing that exits? 

@Benton You still run into paradoxes that are very challenging for our human mind to grasp.

Leo has awakened to realize he is the only conscious being in existence, but then I am also the only conscious being in existence. So is Leo imagining me or am I imagining Leo, or are we both imagining versions of each other? Lets say I went to Las Vegas and Leo and I took 5-Meo together. Would Leo eventually collapse into me as a projection of my mind or would I collapse into Leo's mind or paradoxically would we both collapse into each others minds? This would be a fascinating experiment to conduct.  

We are definitely lacking a fan fiction sub forum.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

We are definitely lacking a fan fiction sub forum.

That was the only post and the best post, that really and truly  mattered. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Too much mental masturbation, not enough direct experience and embodiment.

It's Love.

4 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

@Leo Gura I am sure you have contemplated the paradox of this. How is it that everyone who explores consciousness deep enough can discover the insight of being the only thing that exits? 

There is no paradox. It works much the same way that humans reach consensus on the fact that the Sun is hot and yellow. Likewise, if multiple dream characters realize that they're dreaming, and that they're God. They will together realize they're everything and nothing, and as such know themselves to be alone as the only thing that's in existence as there can be no alternative to absolutely everything and nothing(Omnipresence). It's perfectly logical, it's just that it's something so complex it tends to confuse the human mind. Which should further go to show why direct experience of these things is so necessary. Because not only would you be left with something purely conceptual and not actually real for you if you attempted to grasp these things on a purely intellectual basis. But in all likelihood, you'd totally misunderstand what you think you understand.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

10 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

What is there, other than experiences seen through consciousness? Has there ever been evidence of something besides it? Has any empirical object been found without the presence of consciousness? Is there an argument that has not been filtered through it, relied on the logic appearing within it? Will theories arise outside of it? Is any memory remembered without it? Are there facts that stand on their own, that are not touched by consciousness? 

-Osho

23 hours ago, Benton said:

Imagine if reality was the one mind of God. And God imagined himself into infinite incarnations. 

@Benton Leo's deepest awakenings have revealed to him there aren't infinite simultaneous incarnations existing. There is only your field of perception. If you are not currently perceiving it, it doesn't exist. 

@JuliusCaesar I always appreciate reading your perspective. 

Even with my own direct experiences I haven't been able to grasp this yet. Deeper awakenings are required. Leo often expands and expands his consciousness to realize you, me all the forum members, his family, etc are only projections of his mind til he is the only being left that exists. But you could awaken to the same insight. That Leo, me, the forum members, your family are all projections of your mind and you are the only being that exists. My human mind can't understand how we can all reach the same insight of being the only being that exists imagining each other. It's quite the mindfck. 

34 minutes ago, Benton said:

That is true. It is also true that we are not imagining each other. We are God. Right now.

@Benton It sounds like you have a different perspective than Leo. His awakenings have revealed to him over and over his mind is the only mind that exists and you and I are projections his mind is imagining. Very paradoxically your mind is the only mind that exists and when you interact with me or Leo you are only interacting with a projection your mind is imagining. 

39 minutes ago, Benton said:

I am the one being that you are and vice versa. There is no “each other”.

What I can't grasp is if we both expanded to the God head level it wouldn't be you and I existing there together. It would only be me and you would be only be a part of my mind and for you it would only be you and I would be something your mind had imagined. I don't think we can grasp this without a much deeper awakening and very expanded awareness. 

3 minutes ago, Benton said:

You are talking to yourself right now as is. You just aren’t conscious of that.

@Benton I am very conscious of that. I appreciate your insights. This is something I have to awaken deeper to fully understand. 

7 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

His awakenings have revealed to him over and over his mind is the only mind that exists and you and I are projections his mind is imagining

It is so obvious though that this is the case when your reality unravels during a massive awakening. It leaves no room for others. Obviously depending on the nature of your awakening because there’s so many facets. But when you awaken to how others are constructed, down to how they even look the way they do as in their physical appearance, the reflective mirroring relative to yourself. And I don’t just mean reflective to your own physical appearance I mean reflective to every aspect of your mind, producing the mirrored reflection of everything and everyone you perceive. Others can only be the way there are in every single way in relation to what you yourself have cemented an perceived yourself to be. 
Then when back in your ordinary state you try to comprehend this, it’s like your hitting a brick wall. You try to figure it out with your limited mind, and in the realms of separation and duality it just doesn’t work. I accept though that I’ve seen right through this, became conscious of it, and can put a mental image still to what my direct experience was. Even though I’m not conscious of it now. Only memory serves me with this understanding and not my ordinary everyday state… until I become conscious of it again. Somehow somewhere though in my mind I’m not accepting it, I’m aware of the fact I’m truly not somewhere deep down, my ego must be fighting against it every second of the day, to cover up what I actually know deep down. Otherwise I’d be directly conscious of it right now, which I am not