Jenkins

Gradually quitting weed

13 posts in this topic

Hey there awesome people,

So I decided to quit weed as I ended up being addicted to it. 

It helped me in a ton of ways, however I allow no substance to control me.

So I decided to quit.

Took a week vacation and tried cold turkey.

Myself, I could get through all the no sleep, irritability, puking, sweats and all the withdrawal symptoms that I seem to embody.

However, I have a job and also I need to have check ups with a police officer so sadly that big of a withdrawal can't be hidden.

I usually was smoking between 1 and 3 g's a day of high potency.

For my plan I'm downgrading to 0.5 for 4 days (each day), 0.33 for around 6 days, 0.25 for the following 4 days and get this way to a complete zero absolute no use state.

In around 2 weeks I should get to 0.

Do you think it's a good strategy?

On 25.6.2022 at 9:18 PM, Jenkins said:

Do you think it's a good strategy?

It will ease the withdrawals for sure, but you'll still feel it, especially at the point where you jump off. Even if you jump off at 0.05g instead of 0.25g, the jumping off part will still be the toughest. Weed is actually one of the trickiest drugs to quit, because you can just keep stacking more and more tolerance forever, and when you finally decide to quit, you're at the pharmacological equivalent of a cliff. I think it's a combination of the fact that it stays active in the body for so long (i.e. your body doesn't just have to adapt to the high itself but also the "after-high") and that you can be relatively functional while on it (so you can smoke massive amounts all day, every day).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

15 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Weed is actually one of the trickiest drugs to quit

Weed is tricky, I agree, but one of the trickiest drugs to quit? Even caffeine and nicotine were a lot harder for me to quit than weed. And opioids or amphetamines screw you on a completely different level. You can stack tolerance with almost any drug but only for weed and opioids there are no negative physical side effects.

Quit that shiiiit lol.

It's worth it.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

Weed is tricky, I agree, but one of the trickiest drugs to quit? Even caffeine and nicotine were a lot harder for me to quit than weed. And opioids or amphetamines screw you on a completely different level. You can stack tolerance with almost any drug but only for weed and opioids there are no negative physical side effects.

True. I just gave some reasons for why I think it's particularly easy to stack tolerance with weed, and the relative lack of negative side effects is one factor.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Read the easy way to quit cannabis by Allen Carr

Try learning meditation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N7A5kAESTQ
For a free online meditation training try unified mindfulness or the brightmind app.

Meditation has been shown to strengthen the part of the brain associated with willpower and quiet the part associated with impulsive urges over time.

It can also be used to directly handle urges.

https://www.shinzen.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/art_urges.pdf

@Jenkins How is it going? I have been there. I was a smoker for 1 year the i quit for 6 months. Now i do have a healthier relationship with the plant. I use it for spiritual purposes only.

@Jenkins what was it about your life that made you smoke 1-3g a day? 

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

@Cathal a grey period with constant strain and very few joys. I'm glad I changed things quite a bit since. Hopefully in 30 days I'll be good and sober

Thank you all for your thoughts on this as well