Ninja_pig

How do I watch YouTube in moderation?

43 posts in this topic

You develop good taste and find that only two percent of those you typically watch are worthy your time anyway, and that unless they engage that in you which require your conscious efforts it is evident of your weakness and that as a maxim you suppose yourself strong.

You develop your negative judgments (note they are not in want of material on the site you reference) and feel into how ridiculously limited your time is (and should be) as this pile of tissue, perhaps then you will not need the bandages presented elsewhere in this thread, but lets admit it, what are the chances?

So I vote for the path to least resistance, find the plugin for you" : )

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

10 hours ago, Devin said:

Burn out on it, binge it, you'll get sick of it.

This might work for some people but I wouldn’t recommend this.

You’ll probably just end up getting more hooked since your brain adapts to the amount of exertion needed to do the activity.

Idly watching YouTube doesn’t require much exertion, so to preserve energy and resources your brain and body will weaken since it doesn’t have a need to be strong

Much like how when you stop working out at the gym, your strength weakens because your body doesn’t have any need to preserve that strength, whereas when you are pushing your muscles at the gym on a consistent basis, your body sees the need to adapt and grow itself, which it does. 

1 hour ago, Vision said:

This might work for some people but I wouldn’t recommend this.

You’ll probably just end up getting more hooked since your brain adapts to the amount of exertion needed to do the activity.

Idly watching YouTube doesn’t require much exertion, so to preserve energy and resources your brain and body will weaken since it doesn’t have a need to be strong

Much like how when you stop working out at the gym, your strength weakens because your body doesn’t have any need to preserve that strength, whereas when you are pushing your muscles at the gym on a consistent basis, your body sees the need to adapt and grow itself, which it does. 

I've found people that distract themselves from some undesirable tendency they have either get back into it or substitute it.

I think your theory is similar to the common method to deal with depression, which I think is counter productive.

what I'm proposing won't work for substance abuse because it will kill you, you have to find the parallel problem with those situations and do this with that. But running away from or trying to escape depression seems counter productive, depression and this sort of addiction seem to be a tool, they'll take you deeper to where you need to go, rock bottom.

Rock bottom is where you can let everything go at no perceived cost, so the YouTuber can let go of whatever ignorance they're holding onto which is scaring them into using youtube as a distraction. 

You have to really lean into it though, not just continue dabbling in it.

He says he watches to learn, there comes a point you figure out you're better off no longer learning from others in that way for the types of things he is studying. Sounds to me his intuition is leading him to wisdom, I'd follow it, even though the method will make him temporarily live a way that is considered undesirable.

Edited by Devin