AtheisticNonduality

Most Important Dreams You've Experienced

12 posts in this topic

Dreams that possessed extreme significance to you, your life's unfoldment, the state of the world---precognitively or aesthetically?

I'll post the golden oldies here:

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Tonight I dreamt that Daniel Schmachtenberger, a buddy of mine and me fought against some kind of terrorist militia - was pretty rad, we showed them good xD

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I don't know how much of a impact this dream had on me, but it left me with alot of curiosity of dreams in general I would say.

A relevant thing to this very short dream is that english is not my native language. And in this dream when I was close to waking up I believe, I heard the word Amnesia clearly, over and over again. At the time, I had no clue what the word meant, so right away after waking up from that dream, I googled it to see if it meant anything. And to my surprise, it meant: (Amnesia refers to the loss of memories, such as facts, information and experiences.) I thought that a was a peculiar hint from my dream, since I often spent time to reflect over the mystery of reality and dreams in general. It was extra special for me since I didn't consiously had the knowledge of that word at the time the dream happened, so it felt like a subconcious hint that I was gifted. A good moral boost for the direction my curiosity tend to lead me, is what I felt.

31 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Tonight I dreamt that Daniel Schmachtenberger, a buddy of mine and me fought against some kind of terrorist militia - was pretty rad, we showed them good xD

You didn't happen to read about his adventures with his dad?

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You didn't happen to read about his adventures with his dad?

Lol, no. Where can I read that?

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I've had some recurring themes in my dreams since I was little that I would be in a place that was either very similar to a familiar place (like my house) or a combination of several places, and sometimes I could explore a completely undiscovered part of that place.

For example, one very common dream is that I would be in the first house I grew up in and that the cellar would have a hidden passage behind a bookcase which lead to this vast underground hall, like a secret royal palace with a tall ceiling like in a cathedral, and it had a feeling of mystery and scariness to it, and I thought it had infinitely many rooms.

Then in the second house I grew up in, I would have a similar thing where I would be in the attic and be able to see through the floor down to the kitchen below, and I could float down into the kitchen and then continue down into this vast hall again, but this time it was more of a true underground mountain hall (dark and misty), like those in LoTR or in the game Motherload. 

Another such dream was that my grandmother's house would be like a kind of palace again, but not as vast as the other one. It's just like a nice house with extremely many rooms, bathrooms, baths and miscellanous rooms. I think the best description would be luxurious.

Most people on here are American so you might find this interesting.

I once had a dream where a golden key had come in the post. This key was a small disc which emanated a numinous and arcane quality. The key came with a letter which stated that, whilst this was my key, I had to deliver it to the nearest government authority as soon as possible. I was originally going to take it to the local council but, as I was leaving the house to go and do this, the radio was on and it announced that Donald Trump was for some reason residing in my hometown (this was when Trump was still in office). The letter simply stated that I had to give my magical key to a government authority so I thought I would take it to Trump instead! As it turned out, he was staying just down the road from me… and the door to his house was cracked open! I walked in to an empty kitchen and shouted, “Is anybody home?” After a brief period of silence, a reply came from the next room in a deeper and more resonant version of Trump’s voice, “You should knock before you come in!” I waited and the door to the next room opened, out of which came Melania Trump! I greeted her and explained my situation, “I am here to give you my golden key.” She, however, had no idea what I was talking about, “what do you mean? What is this key? What are you doing in my house?” The conversation became increasingly heated, with me trying to give her my golden key and her being flabbergasted and even outraged by this whole situation, until… it turned into a wet dream between me and Melania Trump! xD

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

The most important dream I have had was a set of trials in a forest setting which seemed to have the purpose of both a purification and a preparation. After the last trial was successfully complete, a wall of pure Light - which was not of the same dimensional space as the rest of the dreamscape - arose from the ground and slowly climbed upwards. As it was arising I walked under the veil and found myself totally absorbed in a blissful unity of Light. Then, unfortunately, I woke up!

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

Related to this work. I had a dream where i was in heaven. And it was like how you'd imagine heaven. But when you in it, It feels so real, serene and blissful, and i had this feeling that all this magnificent beauty i see in front me is just reflection of my own mind, My state of being. So i was in joy roaming around. And to my surprise i found every spiritual teacher i know there.

I saw in particular mohamed, jesus, Buddha, osho and leo. And they were taking little pieces of heaven with them back to earth. To sell it and keep surviving. And i found that funny. Unneeded to do, but kinda necessary.