funkychunkymonkey

thoughts on zazen

21 posts in this topic

i practice zen buddhism. im just curious on what the community think about zen and sitting zazen? :D 

Let us know when you realize you're God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's one of the tools, depends on what your goals are. Can also just meditate anytime as you're "doing things", make your life into a meditation. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That's a few levels below where Zazen will take him. 

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

:D:D:D

5 hours ago, SourceCodo said:

That's a few levels below where Zazen will take him. 

:D:D:D

@funkychunkymonkey

That is actually very good to practice base level consciousness to be in good mindfulness state around a clock. Doing so makes you wise in a sense that you're always in a mode that you can make great decisions that help you in your life. It also erases all traumas and makes you mentally and emotionally stable person. If you're in very conscious state in daily basis it'll not drop too low and you are always ready to do more meditation and psychedelics to up it to higher levels.

It was not in a question, but you should also contemplate things when you're in high conscious state in order to have cool insights to the nature of life and/ or your life in positive way. It'll be so much easier to consciously think about things when all random thoughts aren't flying around the mind. It's great circle, because contemplation practically makes your life easier so you have time, energy and motivation to relax your mind and body and relaxing puts you in great state to contemplate some more.

With love -joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

@SourceCodo can u elaborate on that? That sparked my curiosity. I know zazen can lead to cessation but I don't know how much deeper it can go, what's your experience?

@Leo Gura do you think zazen is a waste of time? I still practice your practice of deconstructing the mind, wouldn't zazen help? 

@funkychunkymonkey

18 hours ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

i practice zen buddhism. im just curious on what the community think about zen and sitting zazen? :D 

if you have problems focusing that are not related to your diet, nutrition, health, sleep quality, heavy metal toxicity, genetics, home environment, lack of energy and time, attention deficit disorder from excess social media use, physical/mental/spiritual fatigue, then zazen is an ideal practice to develop the skill of focusing for both volume and intensity. Building concentration capacities that are visual, auditory and kinesthetic is necessary for other lines of development in your life, your body and mind. Better concentration equal better deep work in whatever life purpose you are working on.

For spiritual development, that's a bit tricky. If we're talking about Leo's levels of awakening and god realizations, then no it's not possible to embody that radical state of consciousness. If we're talking about mediation experiences, mystical states, paranormal/supernatural states and siddhis, other spiritual states other than god realization, then it's possible that higher focusing supports other experiences well, like for example if you are psychic, longer and more intense focusing may help with that, or if you are communicating to some spirit, focusing may help. 

There is truly nothing to gain from telling us that you’re God. Aside from attention. You finding peace of mind is a worthy, worthy goal.

It’s a fun thought experiment… But beyond the realization… There’s only reality and a sea of emotion. Finding calm presence to be you in that sea is a true challenge.

Leo has only changed his mind through realization. He’s still a soft bodied talking head with sales goals to meet and products to sell. And now people attack him constantly as a charlatan. If that’s what you’re after… Enjoy the 5-MeO. It’s a wild ride.

Edited by SourceCodo
Too long and I really decided I didn’t want to be that involved in this convo.

Gone

@SourceCodo Why so much hate yoo? Why can't someone want both the calm presence and having more awakenings? You can have both dammit.

5-meo isn't the only one that can get you to God realization either. But no pressure... you don't have to do anything with psychedelics if it doesn't speak to you.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

6 hours ago, puporing said:

@SourceCodo Why so much hate yoo? Why can't someone want both the calm presence and having more awakenings? You can have both dammit.

5-meo isn't the only one that can get you to God realization either. But no pressure... you don't have to do anything with psychedelics if it doesn't speak to you.

No hate. Just sarcasm and fun. :) 

And I've got experience with 5-MeO and among several others. What's with the pandering? What are you hoping I'll attain through psychedelic use? More God realization? Deeper awakenings? Aka... More insight from different perspectives?

What's the point? My point was that Zazen helps gets you past all of this tail chasing and helps you find presence to actually experience the life... But it's just a tool. So yeah. Ok :)

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone

@SourceCodo Well wasn't trying to pander it, maybe it read like that. I really mean it that nobody should feel pressured to do psychedelics. It's for those who feel called to it, and it is a tool like everything else.

These days I don't feel the need to trip as much anymore because I got what I needed from it. Can always come back if I feel called to again. 

I just don't feel the need to demonize one tool over another is all, both have been quite useful/helpful :)

4 minutes ago, puporing said:

@SourceCodo Well wasn't trying to pander it, maybe it read like that. I really mean it that nobody should feel pressured to do psychedelics. It's for those who feel called to it, and it is a tool like everything else.

These days I don't feel the need to trip as much anymore because I got what I needed from it. Can always come back if I feel called to again. 

I just don't feel the need to demonize one tool over another is all, both have been quite useful/helpful :)

Well then. :P 

Enjoy yourself out there! 

Gone

I have microdosed Bufo (5-meo)  which drops me into the present moment where I can meditate in the silence for an hour. 

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Is there a consensus here that building your concentration skills will provide a net positive for other developments in your life? That with greater concentration, you can do better deep work?

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

Is there a consensus here that building your concentration skills will provide a net positive for other developments in your life? That with greater concentration, you can do better deep work?

Concentration is focused attention, and attention is the end of suffering when combined with detachment. When you can detach and observe that is what it means to be your true self. No attachment, no judgment, just being. Anything else causes suffering. But there is nothing wrong with either because both is just different states of consciousness. 

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86