Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PepperBlossoms

Accountability Partner

14 posts in this topic

I feel like I need an accountability partner or something.  I've gotten so lazy that I just do a few things a day.

But oh no, I should be my own accountability partner.

Maybe I just like talking to people. Meh.

17 minutes ago, PepperBlossoms said:

I've gotten so lazy that I just do a few things a day.

For example, you did not specify what you want the accountability partner for :)

You need someone who at least shares some struggles that you currently have so that you can work together on resolving them as a team. It can't be just an accountability partner for your every carnal need -_-

Although, either ways, I'm off the table :D:P

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Lol get a wife and kids.....lots of accountability there!!xD

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Ahh.  Thanks for the interest @Arcangelo @PenguinPablo .

I was regretting posting this and was going to delete it but then saw people responded and so I decided I needed to respond.

The accountability partner thing would be great but I am again remembering my cheating past and how I really can't talk to guys anymore/right now.  I like to jump for attention and it is just a recipe for me feeling stressed and guilty/bad and then I would obsess over how bad I feel and so I think I need to just use myself and my bf as my accountability partner.  He is already pretty good when it comes to commenting on my eating/driving/listening/cleaning ha... he kinda already does it I just never really thought about it that way before.

Ah I am sorry.  It is hard because I have to close the door to half the population but because of my cheating history where I did it for so many years, talking to guys secretly, I just would feel bad, even if the topic stays completely on accountability. 

Edited by PepperBlossoms

@Gesundheit2 Oh and it would have been for getting my writing/editing some of the books I have started as well as just keeping up with chores.

I started some books but I have just kept on having other things to do and they keep on not getting worked on.

I guess I kinda really just want to finish all these other chores so that I don't have to worry about them and they are just taking a really long time but I am also getting lazy when it comes to doing them.

I guess also then it would be thinking more about careers but I am kinda wanting to see if the books go anywhere but also am considering working as a therapist/psychologist but am ahhh about the schooling (and I can be bad at listening at times..) and was thinking I could try just starting off as working for a crisis hotline and see how that goes first.

Or there is just going back to civil engineering but I wasn't super good at it and had some ethical hard times but the pay would be good... if anyone would want to hire me that is.

Or there is teaching but I am kinda soft spoken.

I feel like I am all over the place and don't really have a structured plan...

EDIT: but.. if I am telling myself I can't talk to guys because of my past history of cheating so many times, then I don't know how I would be able to manage the career option of therapist/psychologist or even just trying as a crisis hotline because that would involve talking with guys 1 on 1 (and girls too). .... .... . ... but even working as a civil engineer, most of my coworkers were guys.  I guess teaching would have the most female coworkers.  I guess it is too bad I was such a cheater for so many years and didn't stop doing it sooner.

Edited by PepperBlossoms

Hey, would love to be accountability partners with someone as well, girl or guy, I don't care

Dm me :ph34r: :ph34r:

I also want an accountability partner - specifically for my 4800 hours project (4800 hours until the end of the year and putting my time to good use). I believe it would be useful if someone were doing something similar to me - time management, optimisation, productivity. I mean, I could keep you accountable for getting out of bed and brushing your teeth, but I don't know if that would be a satisfying partnership.

DM me.

Edit: I was talking to anyone reading, not OP.

Edited by Kshantivadin

17 hours ago, PepperBlossoms said:

The accountability partner thing would be great but I am again remembering my cheating past and how I really can't talk to guys anymore/right now.  I like to jump for attention and it is just a recipe for me feeling stressed and guilty/bad and then I would obsess over how bad I feel and so I think I need to just use myself and my bf as my accountability partner.  He is already pretty good when it comes to commenting on my eating/driving/listening/cleaning ha... he kinda already does it I just never really thought about it that way before.

Ah I am sorry.  It is hard because I have to close the door to half the population but because of my cheating history where I did it for so many years, talking to guys secretly, I just would feel bad, even if the topic stays completely on accountability. 

Just an idea, maybe create a journal in the self-actualization journals section and then whoever can jump in and keep you accountable. That way all the communication is 100% public, no sketchy DMs. You can even link your bf to it.

Especially since it's writing-related I would help push you, you'd make lots of progress but also absolutely hate me after a couple weeks ? hah

17 hours ago, PepperBlossoms said:

EDIT: but.. if I am telling myself I can't talk to guys because of my past history of cheating so many times, then I don't know how I would be able to manage the career option of therapist/psychologist or even just trying as a crisis hotline because that would involve talking with guys 1 on 1 (and girls too). .... .... . ... but even working as a civil engineer, most of my coworkers were guys.  I guess teaching would have the most female coworkers.  I guess it is too bad I was such a cheater for so many years and didn't stop doing it sooner.

This is 100% something you'll need to work on and overcome to avoid disaster in the future. Your life is going to be full of temptation. Like you said, you can't just realistically close the door to half the population. Especially when you get put in situations like work where you're stuck with them.

23 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

Looking for accountability buddies also. 

On 6/23/2022 at 2:04 PM, Arcangelo said:

I'll be yours if you are mine.

Serious.

6 hours ago, Yarco said:

Just an idea, maybe create a journal in the self-actualization journals section and then whoever can jump in and keep you accountable. That way all the communication is 100% public, no sketchy DMs.

Great idea!