look_inside

Language is important

10 posts in this topic

When responding to one of your “but Leo,,,” questions in your video you responded to the question of what a follower might think if you were killed. You answered that from your point of view you would just transition to some other form, but that “from your point of view…”. You use this "your POV phrase" as if we had one.

I am confused. Why would you comment about my POV when you believe that I don’t have one? Just like my dream characters don’t have a POV, as they are only an idea of mine, I don’t have a POV in your world view, so why are you talking to me as if I do?

Is it because you are just being polite? Or is it because you aren’t really sure whether I exist? Or maybe you are just being somewhat lazy about your language?

I’d suggest that if you really believe your followers don’t exist, you should be more precise about the language you use and not refer to the follower's POV. Switching back and forth this way sows doubt as to whether you deeply believe what your are saying. OTOH if you are just being polite, you should realize that you are insulting my/our intelligence by so blatantly contradicting your core belief .

2 minutes ago, look_inside said:

Is it because you are just being polite? Or is it because you aren’t really sure whether I exist? Or maybe you are just being somewhat lazy about your language?

1. To keep sanity 

2. To entertain the Self

3. To develop through interactions

4. To enjoy maya

5. To expand and gain experience in a human body

6. To forget Solitude 

7. To experience Being 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

How do you know that he's real and that you aren't just "imagining" him thinking that he has his own POV? Not making any statements about what's true, simply pointing out that that's also an option. Watch his video on actuality where he kind of talks about your problem.

beep boop

Language is important, but it's also limited. It's just a tool/pointer/medium for sharing thoughts, and thoughts are not the truth.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

3 hours ago, look_inside said:

I am confused. Why would you comment about my POV when you believe that I don’t have one? Just like my dream characters don’t have a POV, as they are only an idea of mine, I don’t have a POV in your world view, so why are you talking to me as if I do?

There's only one POV which is yours. That was why Leo said "from your POV".

Leo is an illusion pretending to be real when he said "from my POV". 

That's how realistic this solipsistic dream is. You can be angry at God for deceiving you. But you can also admire and appreciate God's superior intelligence and grand design. 

@look_inside

Whenever I am dream character from your perspective or not you could still analyze my behaviour and possible responses.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

On 6/23/2022 at 2:49 PM, JoeVolcano said:

You already know the answer and you've heard it 1000 times, you just can't believe it. Because you don't want to.

Cheers

?Who said I don't believe it? And anyway, what I believe isn't the point at hand. The point is: if I DO believe it, I wouldn't refer to other people's POV, because within that belief system, that statement would make no sense, and would corrupt and undermine my whole message.

On 6/23/2022 at 1:33 PM, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

11 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

Language is nothing, it does not actually exist. 

I don't mean to be rude but why even bother posting something like this? Computers aren't real, but here we are tapping away...

This is what I can't stand about these types of forums. 90% of what gets said is just not useful,,, maybe more like 99%. 

Anyway, don't worry. I'll go away and live you folks to it. Have fun.

15 hours ago, look_inside said:

I don't mean to be rude but why even bother posting something like this? Computers aren't real, but here we are tapping away...

This is what I can't stand about these types of forums. 90% of what gets said is just not useful,,, maybe more like 99%. 

Anyway, don't worry. I'll go away and live you folks to it. Have fun.

We can expand forever on what the nature of language, or anything else, is, but ultimately it all boils down to nothing. I've studied excessively about all this shit, but it all boiled down to nothingness ultimately.