Leo Gura

Desantis A Real Threat

55 posts in this topic

He’s just a contrarian, which happens to be a very popular position right now politically. He has opposed Biden and the CDC for the past 2 years. Wow, so impressive. What has he actually done? Go after Disney?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Dude, watch your catastrophizing. You are letting your mind run amok with weakness and fear.

What if, from now on, the only people who get elected President in any country are Nazis? What will we do then? And what if they all decide to rape your mother for fun? And your children. And your grand children.

I can't help it when all of the fucking mainstream news channels and political Youtube channels and political Youtube channels, especially TYT, Secular Talk, and David Pakman keep sounding the alarm every single day about how our democracy is in great danger from MAGA and how our country could very well slide into fascism. 

Also, the progressive keep giving gloomy predications about how the Democrats are going to "bungle it up" in 2022 and 2024 and maybe even further in the future because of how weak and soft they are, and how disappointing, weak, and uncharismatic the Democratic leadership have been including Biden, Harris, Pelosi, and Schumer, while the Republican Party almost always has a stronger brand and almost always knows how to use their power ruthlessly. 

Pundits, donors, and the Democratic Party as a whole still cannot find any good replacements for Biden should he not run in 2024.

My parents have been telling me that Desantis is probably going to be the next president which makes me even more depressed and hopeless. My dad says that he's getting sick and tired of the Democratic Party almost always put up these Democratic nominees for presidents who don't fight back hard enough and don't have enough appeal. He says that our only hope for Democrats in the future is find another impressive candidate on level of Clinton or Obama. 

Quite frankly, your original post on here has made me more worried. What can we do? You even said before about how approx. half of the country is poorly educated and has been stuck in a right-wing brainwashing alternative media echochamber that has rotted their minds, which does not bode well for future elections and how the alt-media echo chamber including FOX news, Breitbart, Alex Jones, Newsmax. OANN, etc. were only to be just as prevalent if not even more so. 

It's already scary enough that FOX news has been the most popular cable news channels in America for more than 2 decades. However, with the rapid rise of all of these extreme ring wing outlets out there and given how much each subsequent major election keeps revealing more and more and more how and under-developed the American population, I fear that the influence of the right wing media will become so profoundly frightening that it may one day take over all of the media and could end up brainwashing the vast majority of future generations of Americans. For the good of the country, this is why I really think that something must be done to stop all of these channels from corrupting and destroying the minds of countless Americans.

Also, how will the Democratic party survive in the future if the Biden administration fails and the party doesn't ever find another political hero like Clinton or Obama who can save the party and save the country? Unfortunately, those exceptional people seem to show up out of nowhere only once in a generation. Even then, there's certainly no guarantee that another legendary savior will ever arise again.

Edited by Hardkill

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Dude, watch your catastrophizing. You are letting your mind run amok with weakness and fear.

What if, from now on, the only people who get elected President in any country are Nazis? What will we do then? And what if they all decide to rape your mother for fun? And your children. And your grand children.

Do you know any tecniques how to cope with this? Especially when you're inside a very shitty situation

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

I can't help it when all of the fucking mainstream news channels and political Youtube channels and political Youtube channels, especially TYT, Secular Talk, and David Pakman keep sounding the alarm every single day about how our democracy is in great danger from MAGA and how our country could very well slide into fascism. 

That's their job to sell that idea. They aren't going to get people to click on their videos being objective and truthful. Nobody listens to the wisest and most objective people, because most people are too stupid and ideological to accept any reality beyond their own scope.

For example people LOVE scientists when they make smartphones and medicine and other gadgets, but when those scientists point out we've been running an out of control experiment and cooking the planet for 200 years they say, "shut the fuck up nerd, go make my computer run faster."

Stop listening to other people and think yourself. You're probably way smarter than you give yourself credit for.

hrhrhtewgfegege

The democrats should run Gavin Newsom. He would be a strong contender against DeSantis. I can totally see DeSantis winning in 2024 unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I can't help it when all of the fucking mainstream news channels and political Youtube channels and political Youtube channels, especially TYT, Secular Talk, and David Pakman

That's why you use your head.

And stop gorging yourself on negativity. Those progressives are like broken records. Listening to them after a while is pointless.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

the world tends to the right now. Seems that the left has failed to defend the worker, and now it is the quite radical right that assumes the role of defender of the people against big capital. We may think that people are stupid, but the reality is that there is a feeling that a profound change in economic structures is necessary, and the right takes advantage of this and promises revolution. the left continuity. With the crises that are coming, and that shit of the war that happened when the democrats, we will have an abundance of the right, more seeing how weak and lacking in passion the left is in the world

Edited by Breakingthewall

18 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Democrats are their own worse enemy. They made their bed so now they have to lay in it. 

The most popular Democrat outside of Barack Obama is Bernie. They keep colluding to stop him from winning. Until the Democrats embrace true progressive solutions and stop being the Establishment Democrats they are....they will lose to Republicans like Trump.

Yeah, Demcorates are shitting on Biden 24/7 like he is doing nothing, and this will make voters don't care about even voting in the first place,  allowing Republicans to take over. I am with critisizing Biden but not in this way. He is not progressive and didn't promise to make progressive changes in America, so why are you judging him according to progressive standards? 

Dems haven't given me the cookies I wanted therefore I would rather bend over and let Repubs rape me in the ass.

Logic.

It's sad to see the country I visited in the past tearing itself apart slowly. I remember it wasn't as bad as this.

At this point a strong intelligent leader is needed to clamp down on both the republicans and democrat's and actually lead the country and unify all the fragments of it to be a whole again. This country is like a beautiful genius, with a bit of ADD, and a bit of multiple personality disorder, and the personalities arguing with each other, it really needs a strong helping hand. It's not healthy long term, plus dealing with other existential threats. We may need some kind of war of the worlds to maybe get people to work more together.

Edited by Danioover9000

@Leo Gura Yeah coach, after a while you see that if you keep listening the progressives, you will just go into a loop where nothing happens, but if  you stay true to liberal democracy, then we will get shit done, and bring the truth to the light. New high-speed rail, fair-chance economic system, everyone is welcoming to eachother. Higher-competence educators who are good at EQ and STEM. ETC. That's my vision for the Global Nation that will be here in....Possibly 15-500 years. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's why you use your head.

And stop gorging yourself on negativity. Those progressives are like broken records. Listening to them after a while is pointless.

Should I also stop listening to the mainstream cable news and network news channels, like MSNBC, CNN, ABC, and what have you who are also warning about the threat of Trumpism and the endangerment of other rights in America?

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Should I also stop listening to the mainstream cable news and network news channels, like MSNBC, CNN, ABC, and what have you who are also warning about the threat of Trumpism and the endangerment of other rights in America?

Listening to mainstream news is good because you can use it just to get raw new facts. You don't have to listen to the pundit opinions.

Distinguish between factual reporting vs partisan political opinions.

I listen to mainstream news mostly just to get factual reporting on what's new. I don't use them to form my political opinions. It's easy to filter out bad opinions.

On 6/24/2022 at 8:25 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Razard86 @Bobby_2021 The level of your political analysis is moronic.

Bernie lost the popular vote. If people wanted him, he would have easily won the primaries. He was not even close.

Noted! Good stuff ain't happening anytime soon. 

@Bobby_2021 for now I guess the best we can do is not get a republican it’s bs that when we want someone who will actually do something for america it’s called moronic but it is what it is, I don’t care what leo says Bernie would have gotten a lot more done for progressive policies than Biden, but also I’m not an idiot, I realize that the vast majority of people don’t value those policies, in the other thread I was just saying Bernie actually had an energized movement and Biden just had a bunch of casuals problem was always that Bernie’s movement wasn’t nearly as big as every centrist and conservative democrat in the United States but, I would bet my life he would’ve beaten trump in the general, but all it is is a what if. What we can hope for is a president with at least more a backbone than Biden, I’ll take him for now over trump but it’s just more of the same dribble, no minimum wage increase, no build back better, sure he stopped pipelines and did some stuff for the environment and admittedly I think monitories and lgbt people feel more comfortable but that’s not some huge accomplishment. The bar is extremely low if just stopping trump again is the best we can do but of course it’s my number #1 priority given this new republican platform.

I find it good to go through periods of not giving a shit about politics too, it really doesn’t change much, always the same arguments and the same talking points, one side is more conscious than the other but when you push that side to do something great there’s a multitude of excuses. I’m optimistic but very jaded at the moment

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Listening to mainstream news is good because you can use it just to get raw new facts. You don't have to listen to the pundit opinions.

Distinguish between factual reporting vs partisan political opinions.

I listen to mainstream news mostly just to get factual reporting on what's new. I don't use them to form my political opinions. It's easy to filter out bad opinions.

Give list of what news is high quality for us to consume hehe

3 hours ago, Socrates said:

@Leo Gura Meanwhile Elon Musk supported him publicly on Twitter ??

Musk has become a jackass lately. He's out of his element and his political intelligence is badly compromised by his business agenda.

Don't expect a rich man to have good politics.

Ron Desastrous has the charm of stale bread. Unlike charismatic Trump, I can't really see moderates getting mobilized to vote for him, but who knows.