Grateful Dead

Looking for a good cookbook

7 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a beginner's cookbook that at best has dishes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.

Of course, the dishes should be healthy and balanced so that everything is covered.

I'm open to everything vegetarian, vegan, meat, whatever, the main thing is healthy and not too expensive to make. I mostly cook for myself and I don't mind eating the same thing for several days.

You could also recommend one in German if possible but English is good too!

This one below is pretty dope for vegan dishes, for every meal of the day. Those recipes are super balanced with protein and everything. They are also mostly very easy and quick to make. The instructions are very clear and on every recipe it tells you how much time it takes to prepare it. The book also has a grest preface and some nice sections about nutrition info. It’s a really well stuctured cookbook.

It's funny how I stumbled upon that book. I was in the middle of a week long water fast, when my friend came to show me some new books he had ordered and had just arrived. This one was one of them and I was naive enough to take a look. I kept fantasising about those meals for the rest of the fast :D 

Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 22.47.21.png

@Snader Thank you :) ! That’s what I was looking for, I think I'll order it.

12 hours ago, Snader said:

This one was one of them and I was naive enough to take a look. I kept fantasising about those meals for the rest of the fast :D 

xD can imagine lol

Can't go wrong with HOW NOT TO DIE - COOKBOOK ?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@acidgoofy Yeah, been using it for many years. It is basically "How to cook plant-based 101" 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I second this thread / topic. Will take note of the mentioned books, but also looking for some meat. 

Edited by wayneleekw