Realms of Wonder

Left foot pain: Perspective appreciated :)

9 posts in this topic

Hey all, anyone who has advice, I would really appreciate some input.

I work in a kitchen, on concrete, for 10-12 hours a day, I had bough nonslip crocks since they are comfortable. 

A week ago, I started getting intense pain in my left foot, behind the 3rd and 4th toe, about a half inch above the bottom of my foot. After doing research it looks to be Morton's Neuroma, basically a pinched nerve. Often caused by ill-fitting shoes (i.e Crocks) The more I have walked on it the worse it has gotten, to the point where I was just limping around trying to relieve as much pressure from it as possible. 

ds00468_im00333_mcdc7_mortons_neuromathu

For context: Last year about this time I had the same problem while working a a summer camp, the doctors had no clue what it was, so they put me on crutches, then a boot when it arrived, after being in the boot for a month it slowly went away. 

What do you think?

• Should I go to a podiatrist? I'm not a huge fan of doctors, but I really want to solve this once and for all. 
  • Alternatively, I bought a boot, and am wearing it when I need to walk anywhere, potentially at work (starts back up tomorrow.)
  • Another idea would be to talk with my boss and let him know that the more I walk on it the worse it gets. So I need to take a week or so off from work. (This would be a last resort, they NEED me at work, kind of a linchpin ;) )

Thanks in advance for your input!

Edited by Realms of Wonder

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

Grab the front of your foot and squeeze the sizes (lateral compression). If you get intense pain it's possible there's a neuroma. It's usually associated with some burning or tingling though. But ditch the crocs they are awful for your feet. 

On 6/21/2022 at 3:57 PM, JoeVolcano said:

The problem is not your foot, it's your job. Your foot is just the messenger. Working 10-12 hours a day is madness. Working 10-12 hours a day on your feet is beyond madness. Working 10-12 hours a day on your feet where taking a week off is a last resort, is criminal abuse.

Whatever doctors will tell you is one thing, but life is clearly telling you that something has to give, and apparently has been telling you this for a long time. Check your reality. A week off won't cut it, this needs a major revision of your priorities going forward. And it's not a last resort, it's the only sensible response.

I mean it's up to you, but then these are the consequences. And I guarantee it's going to get worse if you keep this up, not better.

Oh and don't think the world will stop turning without you. 9_9

Best wishes

That is not what I wanted to hear....

Thank you.

I know that this isn't a quick fix, it will require a structural change in my life to solve this problem permanently. Thank you for the pointer. 

On 6/21/2022 at 1:07 PM, kamwalker said:

Grab the front of your foot and squeeze the sizes (lateral compression). If you get intense pain it's possible there's a neuroma. It's usually associated with some burning or tingling though. But ditch the crocs they are awful for your feet. 

Thank you :) 

On 21/06/2022 at 9:44 PM, Realms of Wonder said:

they NEED me at work, kind of a linchpin

This was my clue that this:

On 22/06/2022 at 0:57 AM, JoeVolcano said:

The problem is not your foot, it's your job. Your foot is just the messenger. Working 10-12 hours a day is madness. Working 10-12 hours a day on your feet is beyond madness. Working 10-12 hours a day on your feet where taking a week off is a last resort, is criminal abuse.

Whatever doctors will tell you is one thing, but life is clearly telling you that something has to give, and apparently has been telling you this for a long time. Check your reality. A week off won't cut it, this needs a major revision of your priorities going forward. And it's not a last resort, it's the only sensible response.

I mean it's up to you, but then these are the consequences. And I guarantee it's going to get worse if you keep this up, not better.

Oh and don't think the world will stop turning without you. 9_9

Best wishes

Is very appropriate advice.

People with this exaggerated sense of responsibility and being needed eventually tend to develop health problems. (paraphrasing from When The Body Says No here)

Often times this is a reflection on how the person was raised. Usually conditioned by a parental figure to push away their own needs in service of the parent's needs, whether it be for emotionally supporting the parent or taking physical care of them, or being responsible for the care of a sibling while the parent is absent / not able. Something like that you can probably find in your history.

It's very common that this pattern becomes a character trait the person is proud of, whilst unaware of its true nature.

For example: multiple people who were at my retreat had an absent parent, or their father/mother did not have enough time left to pay attention to them or play with them. They became loners and got into reading books at their solitary hideout spot. Before they told that story, they were fiercely proud of being so 'independent' and thought everyone should be as independent as them. Unaware of the original pain it was rooted in.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

8 hours ago, flowboy said:

This was my clue that this:

Is very appropriate advice.

People with this exaggerated sense of responsibility and being needed eventually tend to develop health problems. (paraphrasing from When The Body Says No here)

Often times this is a reflection on how the person was raised. Usually conditioned by a parental figure to push away their own needs in service of the parent's needs, whether it be for emotionally supporting the parent or taking physical care of them, or being responsible for the care of a sibling while the parent is absent / not able. Something like that you can probably find in your history.

It's very common that this pattern becomes a character trait the person is proud of, whilst unaware of its true nature.

For example: multiple people who were at my retreat had an absent parent, or their father/mother did not have enough time left to pay attention to them or play with them. They became loners and got into reading books at their solitary hideout spot. Before they told that story, they were fiercely proud of being so 'independent' and thought everyone should be as independent as them. Unaware of the original pain it was rooted in.

Spot on. Eerily accurate. 

Its shocking that there is so much unconsciousness to be explored. I had no clue that could be what was going on, but it lines up nearly perfectly with this situation. 

Thank you :)

Ah yes might be, I have this in my right foot.. you can get an ultrasound to confirm (but I guess it's not "free" in the US). It's often repetition, overuse, bad footwear (like heels or too small a size) and genetics/anatomy.

Is very hard to get rid of it. I had to change work.

Looser footwear with wide front helps, and supportive insoles if you can't afford orthotics. 

But yeah you might have to do something that doesn't require standing/walking for so long...

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1) Def see a doctor. How is that even a question?

2) You can get custom-fitted insoles for your shoes. Invest in the best shoes you can get.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Realms of Wonder  Hey, I work in hospitality too.

First of all I'd suggest to plan and strategize to move towards working only part time or exiting the industry completely and doing something less soul grinding and less body exploitative.

Second, I sometimes work up to 9-10 hours a day on my feet as well and transitioning to barefoot shoes over time has strengthened my actual  feet muscles enough not to rely on some artifical foot padding.  I don't wanna say your feet will never get tired but it's a gamechanger. I used tro have crippling heel and hip pain, shin splints , and also knee and back pain. ( all from shitty footwear. your posture is a chain )

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered