Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkKol

Minor Allergy to shampoo & shaving products

6 posts in this topic

I'm looking for alternatives to shampoo and shaving cream (which probably means that I'd have to ditch razers too) because I'm having weird reactions to those products, it's mostly itchy eyes but also blurry spots in my eyes, extremely dry skin all around and overall much worse mood during the day of use and or the day after.

1. I need a way to get rid of dandruffs/flakes without shampoo, because I'm having these reactions I grew up hating shampoo products. So I don't shower often, maybe once every few weeks or when I'm especially dirty from mowing the lawn. My day always gets completely ruined because of this shit, so I'm done with it

2 . I'm considering using knives to shave, but I haven't done any research yet. Back when I was a kid I knew a guy who shaved only with knives so I know it's possible. That's where I got the idea from

I realized that I'm constantly having negative reactions to modern shit, I was and still am convinced that the healthiest way to live is to live like a hunter gatherer from 20 thousand years ago, no chemicals, no fancy modern food, no shampoo, no shaving cream. Everything that's unhealthy was invented in the last few decades maybe a century. And the only reason why they lived less than us is because they didn't have modern medicine, but they were actually healthier than us in a lot of ways.

I tried everything from head & shoulders to old spice and nothing seems to work, everything has the same negative effect. 

So in summary

1. I need a cheap way to get rid of dandruffs/flakes without using shampoo

2. a way to shave without the use of shaving cream or shaving gel (tried it)

Edited by MarkKol

1 hour ago, MarkKol said:

1. I need a cheap way to get rid of dandruffs/flakes without using shampoo

One of the best ways is to literally just not use any shampoo in your hair. The first month it will be a big greasy, but it will take care of itself. I was able to cure my issue with dandruff from this. 

I like using Dr.Bonners baby soap on my body. There is similar soaps out there too. I go for unscented. 

Edited by Average Investor

Aren't there like, different brands of shampoo etc that have different ingredients? 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Average Investor Noted, You don't use shampoo at all?

3 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Aren't there like, different brands of shampoo etc that have different ingredients? 

They all have the same effect 

Edited by MarkKol

@MarkKol Over the last few years I have only placed that bonners soap in my hair a couple of times. I do wash my body with it most days though. My hair is the best it has ever been. 

I also buy drinkable organic aloe vera juice and put that on my body after each shower. I have had great results with that. Only ingredients in mine is aloe vera and a small amount of lemon juice. 

Edited by Average Investor