puporing

Near Death Experience with 5-meo-dmt

61 posts in this topic

Just took my first 15mg of 5-meo-dmt, rectally. I almost died (at least that's what it felt like physiologically) and thanks to that I knew what was happening to me that kept me fighting my way back to life. I kept repeating the words "time is on my side" in full blown panic, having faith that it'll pass through and that I will "come back". 

This was not an "ego death" please don't conflate the two, I have experienced plenty of ego death from mushrooms before. This was something else entirely.

My body simply could not handle it in this pure form (and too high a dose for me) it seems and it went very quick the way up, sent me straight to shutting my body down (freezing me up, losing awareness and ability to breathe) and into a full panic mode. I vomited hard for some time and struggled to stay conscious/aware so I can keep breathing. I was being pulled hard into "unconsciousness"/blackout (due to the insanely high state of consciousness it had thrown me into). I don't know what would've happened if I didn't struggle to stay the hell alert and let it work its way through (a combination of non-resistence and fighting to stay conscious).

This was a lesson for me personally and not to poo poo on things. But it was quite serious and I think people should exercise caution and definitely, definitely go with a much lower dose to try if they wanted to use research grade chemicals.

Personally I will stick with less pure forms from now on in the forseeable future (ie, mushrooms). 

Not going to lie, happy to be back, it's making me appreciate my life alot more already. ?

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Intense! I can only imagine.  Glad you made it through :) 

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

18 minutes ago, Realms of Wonder said:

Intense! I can only imagine.  Glad you made it through :) 

LOL intense is an understatement. I've had some very intense trips. This one almost killed me for real. Thanks though.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

20 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@puporing glad you're OK.  

Thanks @Inliytened1 ?.

I'm so sorry that happened to you.  I hope you're okay *hugs*

???????

Yeah, 5-MeO is almost an entirely different class of psychedelics. Everyone has to go through something like this with 5-MeO I think, next time it will be easier. The first time I took 5-MeO I was 100% sure that I wouldn't come back from it, completely lost it ^^...

It wouldn't have killed you. You're overreacting because it took you by surprise and you went into a panic.. Maybe you would have passed out.

20mg of 5-MeO will not kill a person.

5-MeO takes getting used to. Just lower your dose and try again. You will come to love it.

Why do you want something less pure? That is silly. Just get your dose right. Don't be scared off from 5-MeO. 1 trip is nothing.

You should be happy that you can trip balls on such low doses. Try 5mg and 10mg.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

5-MeO takes getting used to. Just lower your dose and try again. You will come to love it.

That's encouraging, I've been afraid to try it but wanting it simultaneously. I'm not sure where we're at on the sourcing side of things on this forum, but if I knew where to get it I would try. Wink, wink.

No sourcing

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5-MeO-DMT is the riskiest psychedelic compound, particularly if you were to use toad venom rather than the pure chemical, as the concentration in venom is not consistent (think Datura seeds).

It is common for people on 5-MeO-DMT to pass out or merely fall over (you will see in the videos that the guide stands behind the person to catch them). It is also regular for people in those ceremonies to have panic attacks, seizures, and vomiting.

Depressed breathing is also very common, as is a rapid or irregular heartbeat.

I suggest you watch a few documentaries on this compound (Hamilton Morris does a couple of good ones) and read through Erowid. I'm not sure why someone would just shove 15mg up their ass. In ceremonies you will see participants tend to be given a "feeler" dose first, and then from that decide how deep they want to go.

I don't know, if I do it again it'll be a much smaller dose (less than 5mg), that was some hell and I don't wish it on anyone. The question of whether or not I would've just passed out or died well, at the time it felt like I could stop breathing if I didn't fight to stay conscious, whether or not it was actually shutting my body down I don't know. I didn't get a sitter or anything. And my feet were very cold after the trip..

I can't say much about it yet, but the other thing I felt was as I was coming down from it (ie my awareness coming back), it didn't give me the deep contemplative experience/being in the godhead I had with mushrooms, it just felt "flat", and still restricted my body movements quite a bit, but I can't say how it'll work on a lower dose.

Why did I take 15mg? I thought it was a medium dose, that was my carelessness without knowing how sensitive I would be, I should've just taken 5mg to start.

Edited by puporing

10 hours ago, puporing said:

Just took my first 15mg of 5-meo-dmt, rectally. I almost died and thanks to that I knew what was happening to me that kept me fighting my way back to life. I kept repeating the words "time is on my side" in full blown panic, having faith that it'll pass through and that I will "come back". 

This was not an "ego death" please don't conflate the two, I have experienced plenty of ego death from mushrooms before. This was something else entirely.

My body simply could not handle it in this pure form (and too high a dose for me) it seems and it went very quick the way up, sent me straight to shutting my body down (freezing me up, losing awareness and ability to breathe) and into a full panic mode. I vomited hard for some time and struggled to stay conscious/aware so I can keep breathing. I was being pulled hard into "unconsciousness"/blackout (due to the insanely high state of consciousness it had thrown me into). I don't know what would've happened if I didn't struggle to stay the hell alert and let it work its way through (a combination of non-resistence and fighting to stay conscious).

This was a lesson for me personally and not to poo poo on things. But it was quite serious and I think people should exercise caution and definitely, definitely go with a much lower dose to try if they wanted to use research grade chemicals.

Personally I will stick with less pure forms from now on in the forseeable future (ie, mushrooms). 

Not going to lie, happy to be back, it's making me appreciate my life alot more already. ?

Thanks for this report and massive props, we need more of these types of experiences. It seems like it literally had an adverse physiological effect that felt extremely unpleasant (vomitting etc)

How confident of it being real 5meo-dmt are you btw? And how long did this experience last in totality

Edited by bambi

3 minutes ago, bambi said:

Thanks for this report, we need more. It seems like it literally had an adverse physiological effect that felt extremely unpleasant (vomitting etc)

Was there any positive experience at all?

Thanks. No not really haha. I guess my body felt very heavy as it was coming up and felt like it had become quite dense like a lead brick or something.

52 minutes ago, bambi said:

How confident of it being real 5meo-dmt are you btw? And how long did this experience last in totality

Yes I was thinking about this actually. I honestly don't know as I haven't had prior experience with it. It did feel like my state of consciousness just shot way up to the point my body can't handle it. But there was little "transition" period like I would experience with mushrooms. But what else would it be that could do this?

It was about 20-40 min depending if you count the come up/down.

Edited by puporing

8 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

The first time I took 5-MeO I was 100% sure that I wouldn't come back from it, completely lost it ^^...

Yeah had the same thoughts. And the "shit I really fked it up this time". 

36 minutes ago, puporing said:

Yes I was thinking about this actually. I honestly don't know as I haven't had prior experience with it. It did feel like my state of consciousness just shot way up to the point my body can't handle it. But there was little "transition" period like I would experience with mushrooms. But what else would it be that could do this?

It was about 20-40 min depending if you count the come up/down.

What does state of conciousness shoot up mean lol

4 minutes ago, bambi said:

What does state of conciousness shoot up mean lol

Here's a summary. ?

For me panic sets in when I realize the dose of whatever I took was stronger than what I anticipated. It's a feeling of impending doom and it feels like the physical self is going to be vanquished. There's a very brief window where I can either freak the fuck out or understand that I just need to go with the flow and ride it out. If I can do the latter then everything is fine obviously. I haven't had a freak out in a very very long time because I keep my doses low. Unfortunately with new and potent substances it's hard to know what that dose will be for you. 

@kamwalker Yes hard to say how our experience with that would compare but yeah, was struggling to stay "here" if that makes sense. Didn't even get much of an insight for all that :P.